SoftFoxxo's Softie Stuffers (OUT NOW - v1.0.4)

stufferslogo

Your goal is to get a high score as you traverse through multiple stages that grow harder over time. But how do you get score? By throwing food at furries to fatten 'em up, and then kick 'em off-screen! You only need to feed them one sweet, but you can throw extras for bonus points. If you’re able to feed multiple furries, then kick 'em off-screen in a row, you’ll get a combo bonus as well!

Twitter post of the Trailer: https://twitter.com/SoftFoxxo/status/1656288287026302976?s=20

• Play it solo, or with a friend in local co-op!
  • 25 Main Stages, and 5 Bonus Stages
  • Over 8 Playable Characters!
  • Over a dozen Feedees to stuff!
  • Over a dozen Trophies to earn!

If you’d like your character to be added into the game as a Feeder or Feedee, you can find the details here on my FA:
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/51519721/

28 Likes

what is meant by “be eaten after getting bopped”? Like, when defeated, the player character is eaten by the character that defeats them?

1 Like

This is adorable, reminds me of classic Mario Bros.

3 Likes

more like the GBA remaster that was featured on super mario advance 4 and Yoshi Island Advance and i think Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

5 Likes

this game looks cool

Nope! Vore is only on the feedees, if the feedee is okay with it (that’ll be decided during the YCH process). The vore is planned to only be during the bonus stages, which I’m still working on.

2 Likes

oh while I’m at it, when the game releases, will it be possible for users to make their own characters and import them into the game? I am WAY too broke to buy a slot, but I do do my own pixel art from time to time!

1 Like

Sadly, no. Something like that is out of scope of the project at the moment.

2 Likes

Hype, and envy are the two moods this puts me in. Another project we can trust to be great done by you, another batch of sprites that shows high quality, and another time I’m both too poor and too unskilled to react to it.

4 Likes

Update!

ych-preview

Patrons got a new build this morning, including 9 new feedees, and 3 more playable characters! I also added a scoring system, and a scoreboard that shows your top 6 scores (it even lets you put in a ‘name’ of three letters, and shows which character you were playing as).
There’s still slots available for both playable and feedee characters, so feel free to contact me if you’re interested.

Also, here’s a look at the character select screen:

8 Likes

the pixel art look cool

1 Like

I don’t have much to give in terms of an update yet visually, but by the next Patron build there’ll be 7 playable characters total, and 9 feedees total - if you still want your character in, there’s still slots available! I’ve also implemented music in already, and it seems to fit well so far.
So far I’ve got the first 5 levels cleared out, as well as 2 bonus stages (mostly) complete. Every 5 levels will give you new music and a new background, as well as the occasional new spin to keep you on your toes (like moving platforms, slippery slime floors, etc).
I’ve also implemented a Vore toggle that will be off by default, but will change things slightly in one of the bonus stage types.

4 Likes

Updated the main post with newest info, and a little gameplay trailer!

1 Like

This looks great so far! Gameplay looks really smooth and fun. My only criticism right now would be the sprites. At such a small size, it’s hard to notice anyone actually gaining weight. I can see it if I squint a bit, but I imagine it would be even harder to keep track of when I’m actually playing instead of just watching a trailer.

There’s a few ways I can think of to go about fixing this- the first and most obvious one would be just to redo the sprites to make the gaining more obvious (start the characters off smaller and have them grow larger). Alternatively, you could adjust the scale of the stage and the size of the characters on screen to make the characters larger overall, which would make them easier to see. This might also be fixed when I can actually run the game in fullscreen rather than watching in the tiny YouTube window.

It also seems like you can feed the same character multiple times (despite only needing to hit them once to kick them off the screen), so this would be a perfect spot for some more extreme sizes- possibly even a bonus for bursting them if you’re comfortable with that.

2 Likes

The sprites have them gain quite a bit, it’s easier to notice if you let them get back up - since they’ll stay fattened until they climb into the bottom pipes. They even have their animation for walking speed up while fattened, since they have to put in more effort to move at the same speed as their smaller size.

I did consider the idea of extra weight gain when throwing multiple food items at feedees, but it quickly blew things out of scale - so instead I added bonuses for continually throwing food at them (‘100’, ‘200’, etc, ending with ‘WOW’ at 1000 pts).

2 Likes

Development is going smoothly! I’m wrapping up Set 3 and getting started on Set 4 of 5, and almost all the backgrounds are complete.
If you’d like your character to be in the final release, please feel free to contact me before the end of next week, so I can finalize your sprites before then. Slots will still be available post-launch, but you’ll be added in a later update.

(Also, as an aside, I’m planning out a final stage that will contain multiple stages of weight gain - I cannot promise that it will stick around for the final revision, but I’m trying to make it work. I’m treating it as the final bonus stage, so it’d be like a reward for getting that far!)

4 Likes

Got some more feedees put in - here’s a sneak peak at everyone’s sprites!

ych-preview

7 Likes

As of today, the game contains all of the levels I planned - all the main stages (25 of them), and the bonus stages (5 of them). I’ll be working on a build for Patrons for final testing soon, and begin polishing for a full paid release some time later this month. If you want your character(s) in the game, you have until this Friday to contact me so I can finalize your sprites in time.

Also, about the final boss: I got to do exactly what I wanted, and I hope y’all like what I did with the weight gain there. :slight_smile:

Other than that, next time I post in this thread should be for the full release!

3 Likes

There’s a new trailer today, and I just uploaded the Itch page before the release date, which is now set in stone: 5/17 is when the game will be released!
Since last time, I added local multiplayer, and trophies to collect by doing certain challenges, and they’re primed and ready for the full release!

3 Likes

April 17th is the release or in 7 days on May 17th?

2 Likes