SoftFoxxo's Untitled Cooking Game (Latest Release: v2a)

Please refresh the page and try again - for some reason, Dropbox keeps doing that, and there’s nothing I can do about it at the moment, I’m sorry.

Host the games on itch.io perhaps?

That’s fine, but is there anyway you can host the game somewhere else?

I just updated the post by adding an itch .io link in the main post to download from. Let me know if there’s any issues!

It’s for the best to have stable hosting- can’t be having a judge unable to play your game now.

For a name, how about something like “Cryptic Cafe” to denote the cryptic clues the customers give?

(The term “cafe” here in the UK is comparable to a US diner for those wondering)

Quite a charming game! The interface was a little unintuitive but the art style you went with is very charming. I was wondering how I’d ever get the $1500 minimum until I started to get the hang of things. Finally ended in the positives on my third attempt.

2 Likes

The debt is annoyingly high, especially with the obnoxious ‘ur bad’ message every time you don’t pay it off. It’d be less irritating to just base the score result off of total profit, and not insult the person playing your game.

Also, there’s not really any weight gain to speak of. I guess some of the customers have thicker necks, but you can’t really tell if that’s from any kind of progress or not since they swap in and out so quickly.

1 Like

i think it would be neat if the customers had more personality and were more than just customers to serves, each one having different designs. each day they might get larger and demand more of the item they want making you need to cook more, each one having there own favorite dish. the idea is great and i would love to see more but i do think there should be a lot more weight gain on the customers since like korota said all you can see is there necks. maybe widen the cashier view of the customers? hope to see more soon!

2 Likes

I think some control overhauls might give this game a more natural feel. I will admit that the “4+2” option layout is a bit wacky for my tastes.

Simplifying:
on the queue, perhaps you have it so that you can press button 2 when you aren’t making food, and then again to leave. It would be easier to navigate a proper menubox, like the cooking list (Sorry for the text formatting, I don’t want to draw a mockup.)

•Brownie | 146 <=
•Pizza | 32
•(Chicken) | [===/ ]

1 serve 3 discard 2 exit

Difficulty might have to be adjusted, but I think that this might offer a more workable user experience.

2 Likes

I’ll work on adding that for a proper v2 release, possibly this weekend - it’s been the one thing that bothered me even before I released v1.

2 Likes

I’d like to add more customer types, but that may have to wait a bit. I AM making the weight gain more noticable however, since a lot of the art there was placeholder. It’ll be in a v1c release I’m working on right now that should be ready within the hour.

1 Like

I’m working on a v1c release right now that lowers the debt - and the “UR BAD” text was purely for jokes (I actually thought I replaced it already since it was placeholder). Sorry for the offense - I’m replacing it with “Try Again!” instead. The weight gain will also be more obvious. It’s a quick update, so it should be ready within the hour.

1 Like

Updated the game to version 1c! Just some edits to the text, sprites, and I made the debt lower.

2 Likes

Heh, despite having played and bested the original I’m still looking forward to this new update, so you can take that as a good sign!

Hello, I need help…
I messed up the key bindings and put everything on th same key…
is there a wey to undo it?
I already tried to “reinstall” the game…

I believe the game says to press F8 to reset controls. One of the first things I noticed when playing the game myself.

If what @JoeRandom said doesn’t work, try deleting the game’s Cache.

Yes F8 will work if you can get to the correct part of the options menu. If not then deleting you’re data folder is the way to go.

that worked, thanks ^^

when i tried downloading the newest version it said that there was a trojan in the package

1 Like