SoftFoxxo's Untitled Cooking Game (Latest Release: v2a)

I promise it’s a false positive. I made the game in Game Maker Studio 2, and someone else in the thread got hit by a false positive as well. I’ve run a scan on my desktop earlier, and it came back with nothing. If you’re able to report it in your antivirus, please report it as a false positive since this is an issue that can rarely crop up with games made in most versions of Game Maker for a long while now.

2 Likes

Updated the game to version 2! I fixed up the Food Queue to be significantly more usable, and I made it so from here-on out, you can press F8 on the Title Screen to reset the controls to the default. No need to delete your Data folder (and high scores) to fix your controls!

4 Likes

Compared to last year, i got no issues!
Plugged-in a controller just for the occasion.

Nice game!

ps: the music you got online is really a nice pick!

3 Likes

It’s probably the final update for the Jam - version 2a! Fixes one bug with the “Total Profit” value continuing to increase during runs - which didn’t affect anything besides looking funny, but I fixed it anyways. I also added random names for the customers now - there might be duplicates sometimes, but I added a lot of names to reduce the chances of it happening.

2 Likes

I love your cute style for this game and i want to see more of it in the future, altough it feels it can be a complete game, i would like to see more of the customers looks and body and wished you could impact them troughout the days, it would be delightful seeing a familiar face returning bigger and bigger every time they would order and then keep that size or bigger for the next day. For an early entry, i think you did great and wish you the best.

6 Likes

Super polished game! I ended up with about 2k extra on the second playthrough after figuring out a strategy, but it was still hectic trying to fill out everyone’s orders and remembering what all the hints meant (especially meat on vs meat in). I do wish it were possible to see what people were ahead in the queue and what they want though, so if like three people in a row want one thing I can take advantage of everyone.

3 Likes

Had a lot of fun playing this! I’d also love to see more come from this, too!

2 Likes

I believe the controls are broken in the oldest and latest build of the game as I cannot get any of the staff to cook the order, I am playing using a keyboard as well as I can select the food but not cook it.

1 Like

Are you using a laptop keyboard? If you are, try using either a USB keyboard, or a gamepad. Last year there was issues with laptop keyboards that I haven’t been able to replicate on multiple pieces of hardware that I own, and I haven’t heard anything from anyone else about this until now.
Also take a check on your computer’s keyboard settings, just in case there’s something weird going on there. The controls have worked across my desktop, and 2 different laptops when testing on my own.

1 Like

I am having problems using a usb keyboard.

1 Like

Check your control bindings just in case - if you can’t access the options menu because of this, press F8 to reset the bindings to default.
If that doesn’t work, I’d really recommend trying to use a controller, or try to use a different keyboard to check if your current one is having problems.

I’m using the default way that Game Maker Studio 2 handles inputs, so any issues that don’t involve the binding is either a hardware issue or a GMS2 bug (which is rare for inputs).

1 Like

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 500
Use of Theme: 500
Art: 67
Writing: 30
Music & Sound: 62
Mechanics: 72
Game Concept 72
Use of Fetish 66