Something to add to your high priority list

The ability to wait or rest while in dungeon. It’s a bit annoying to constantly go back into town to your home to sleep to recover HP. There should be a rest option available while traversing the dungeon.

Adding a rest feature in dungeons would defeat the purpose of consumables and remove the element of maintaining your money/weight. I think it would make the game trivially easy at that point since you can get through entire floors in one fell swoop.

I can understand your point of a full restore for doing a rest. How about a hp restore as you move at a slow rate (such as 1 hp per 4 moves)?

The main reason I ask is at lower levels for the PC you have to go back and forth frequently to build your character up. But if you use a slow rate with a high level PC a slow rate HP restore will become meaningless and satisfy your criteria.

Give it some thought.

There’s already plenty of ways to restore health:

[ul][li]leveling up.[/li]
[li]sleeping[/li]
[li]eating.[/li]
[li]health potions.[/li][/ul]
If players could regenerate health by themselves it would be too easy and make quite a few items totally useless, as Cryptic said. Fight till you die, respawn and keep going till you can make your character strong enough. Currently death has no drawbacks at all, weight gain at the most, so enjoy it till it lasts.

[quote=“madone, post:3, topic:953”]I can understand your point of a full restore for doing a rest. How about a hp restore as you move at a slow rate (such as 1 hp per 4 moves)?

The main reason I ask is at lower levels for the PC you have to go back and forth frequently to build your character up. But if you use a slow rate with a high level PC a slow rate HP restore will become meaningless and satisfy your criteria.

Give it some thought.[/quote]

I think the solution I will shoot for is to have more events that hand out food in the tower so that you won’t need to go back to town. But the tower food would be high in calories given that the witch is the one who plants it there. This way it will reduce the amount of times you need to return to town at the cost of gaining more weight and risking losing your armour and agility in battle.

Additionally, player classes aren’t released yet, but some classes could have perks like passive healing or healing skills that are usable outside of battle.

Oh, Cryptic I like your suggestion of having discovered food in tower but it is the “bad” high calorie food type from the witch. That would benefit the true nature of your game and keep the effect within your intended goal.

That is a great idea!