Soul of Gluttony 1.0.0 version Released

Just played through the game tonight and honestly loved it! I remember seeing this project when it was just Jacob and called Demon’s Play and now to see it fully done today is amazing! Congrats!

Zel’s my favourite character would love to see more of them to be honest, haha but they were all good.

I agree with what DesperateCreator has said and pointed out and found the same things including the spoiler for end 2 they mentioned.
However, to add on to this, I was able to complete the blacksmith’s quest without actually picking up the ore outside. I just talked to the blacksmith again immediately after talking to them to the first time and apparently I had it. I was not sure if this was intended or not. (Note: I was still able to pick up the ore outside of the kingdom after this interaction.).

On a brighter note the inclusion of the portraits is a gold star from me and I loved the way the mirror was used in the room, super fun!

Hope if you decide to work on more projects in the future or take a break all goes well :+1:

Okay so I have played the game a little bit and want to discuss bugs and suggestions.

Bugs.

• You do not need the ore to start the blacksmith quest line, you can just talk to him multiple times and the game will at like you have gotten the ore. This confused the hell out of me the first play through.
  • At the end of the fox guy quest line, if you reply ‘beg for meat’ then you have the fox guy’s picture stuck on your screen unless you load another picture. (Last bit is weird, it works for the mirror and sometimes works if you talk to others.)
  • Using a mouse to move the character will not let you transition to a new screen or won’t let you interact with some objects. The first primarily happened when I came out of one transition and then went to go do another. (I forgot the portals were faster sometimes and tried to double back into the main room.) The objects that didn’t like the mouse are the envelope in bed room when it spawns, and the ore if you come at it from the right side. (opposite the rode.) You can get around this by pressing z but it is annoying when it happens.

Suggestions to help

• Going south out of town and into the forest isn’t obvious and it took me a while before I realized you could go down there. (Primarily because I tried going north first and nothing happened.)
  • The prince should probably gain weight like the rest if the cast and require the player to sleep before he puts on weight. It just feels a little weird that you can do that all in one day where as you have to sleep to progress anything else.
  • I would like if the characters wouldn’t auto progress. You can accidently miss phases of the gain from both the blacksmith and the guy at the inn if you forget to talk to them. (Or in my case, I thought the blacksmith telling you to come back in 3 days was the games way of saying you needed to wait that long.) I would suggest that talking is what progresses them.
  • I think it would be more flavorful to have the prince be force to eat the last piece of meat when he gets back to his room, a kind of compulsion showing his decent into gluttony.

Edit for spoiler

Okay that is all for now, will let you know if I find anything else.
Truly enjoyed this, it’s kind of rare to see male weight gain here sometimes and it is nice to find some.

Great work

3 Likes

Good work on you’re game I hope to see more games from you guys thank you.

Not bad I have to say the art is amazing and well made. I love the idea that you have to find there weakest to fatten then up also that if you fatten one character up you can unlock more character so it more like an Evil Puzzle game so this is a VERY GOOD start to a fun game hope to see more.

Yep. There it is. I would like to think that I would have figured that out by myself, but my impatient dumb@$$ would have probably just blamed my old laptop and/or developer error.

As for the game, this first version was quite fun, with just the right amount of difficulty. After hearing a number of users only finding three out of the four souls, I was surprised when I found all four so quickly. (It helps to be completion-ist when it comes to dialogue checking, I guess.) The premise was simple and entertaining; I cannot wait to see where it goes from here.

There were many typos, but the artwork was so alluring, I didn’t care all that much (despite me being somewhat of a stickler for spelling and punctuation). Kudos for making the sprites and dialogue avatars fat and adding speed effects. Thank goodness you took full advantage of the mirror. I have found that most games overlook the mirror–one of the prime opportunities to describe and depict obesity from the player perspective. Music was fitting and tasteful, as were the sound effects (*heavy breathing over the heavy breathing* gimme more!).

Small note: I think the inventory did not update upon eating the cured meat and roast pork. I am curious what the demon prince does with the Souls of Gluttony–an end cutscene would resolve that question. I suppose I will save further praise and comment for (what I hope will be) future content. And if the screenshots with the initial post are any indication, new content is already in the works. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

How about having the main character gain weight? By having npc bring or send him food? And it takes a slower time for him to gain weight but the npc in town noticed his weight change? I think that would be something fun to see.

Yo, I was waiting for the game like this one! Thank you very much, can’t wait to play!

got a long lets play of the game out, i like this game so far :slight_smile:

I loved this game! But I still haven’t figured out how to fatten the Elf yet. If anyone knows please help :weary:

Fatten up the soldier guy and his boyfriend first. You’ll be able to search around their house for some vital information afterwards.

1 Like

Hmm. You made me realize that there was more to achieve in the game, so I played it again. I did not realize that

meant 7 characters total. I think I found 6, but I did not manage all of them in one game because of some bugs.

The first bug is one that I am 90% sure exists. My first play though saw me fatten Han and see the diary, but when I went to explore it, the sparkle disappeared with no narrative telling me what to do. Worse, I never acquired the cake recipe.

The second bug happened accidentally on my second play through. I skipped Jacob on the first day, thinking I would fatten him up last. It was not until I fattened Zal down to the dungeon that I realized a second (the fattened) Jacob was down there with him! I went back to the skinny Jacob and he was demanding his drink, but since I did not have Theo speak with him to begin with, Theo never learned how to make the milk tea.

I could not figure out how to enter the door to the building in the southwest corner, next to the blacksmith workshop (or the gate to the manor, for that matter). I am not sure whether that is a bug, an intended feature, or just me having not solved the puzzle to opening them. Given the fact that most other inaccessible buildings have a denial message (i.e. locked or no one is home), I figure those buildings’ entrances are supposed to work. I am pretty bad at solving puzzles, so the third option seems plausible. If there is a way to get in, I would appreciate another hint by @DesperateCreator or anyone else.