Spacethumper but 3D and industrial/western

or it looks very interesting

1 Like

gonna upload a demo soon

3 Likes

Ambitious! I don’t think I’ve seen a game in godot yet.

2 Likes

There was a stealth-based game made in Godot a while back that I saw, which was pretty fun. I think the weird dig-dug but also slightly minecraft game was also made in Godot as well.

You mean this Dig dug shooter game one? Also, can you link the stealth one, please? for… research…

Yep! I meant that dig dug shooter game. Shame that the dev of that funky little thing hasn’t updated it, I really liked the premise and the main character was downright adorable.

Certainly eager to see where this goes, guessing since it’s a PoV thing, the growth will be visible by looking down?

Oh, the screenshots don’t show the player character because WIP. The game is in 3rd person, but while using weapons (guns, pickaxe, etc) it will switch to 1st person, like MGS.

4 Likes

This be a nice change.

is Sen gonna be a giant mechanical calculator in the middle of nowhere? because i expect just that

I need time to think about their design

1 Like

Go you! Well done so far.

Ooh, torn between “Wastethumper” or “Dustthumper” as a hypothetical title of this hypothetical spin-off. The former rhymes better but ‘dust’ has better imagery…

Character animations implemented (still kinda buggy)

I wanted to make the suit more interesting, kinda like the ones in bioshock or dead space, but for now I’m focusing more on the gameplay.

screenshots

sc2

sc4

6 Likes

Wow, it looks incredible, although the head is a little strange, I like how you’re doing.

Windows Build: File sharing and storage made simple
I didn’t test it too much, so it may have some bugs.

3 Likes

pin it up top please?

please help i don’t know how to do that

They just mean for you to put a link to the update in the original post (first post.) You can always quote the post with the link as well if you prefer to do that. But having a link in the first post will stop it from getting buried as more replies happen within the thread.

2 Likes

I tried this and I quite liked what I saw.

The third person - first person swap is a really nice way to get around the issue I see of some third person shooters where aiming can be an issue due to a lack of a clear line of sight between you and the thing your shooting (or mining in this case).

There are some problems I noticed;

You can click way faster than the animation of the pickaxe shows, this isn’t too much of an issue but it makes the metal drill a bit less useful as a result.

The menu closes up after every placed building, this makes rapid construction annoying, particularly for barriers.

And lastly the return to main menu button on the pause menu does nothing when you click it.

Still though, taking a 2d game and making it 3d and having it still function well is always really cool to see in motion, and I am excited to see where this project goes!

Also if you’d like some inspiration for some space western designs, I’d take a look at Wild Gun’s art style, that seems the closest to what your trying to do.

5 Likes