Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

@Tobias1595 The new status pod effects are loads of fun to mess around with, and I find myself actively hunting the pods to see all the different effects. Thanks again for implementing the suggestions!

Some of them do seem to be a bit underwhelming- namely, the honey and chocolate ones produce very little liquid, often only one or two tiles. Would it possible to tweak these to be a bit more spectacular, per-se?

One of my favorites has to be the coconut one- the associated animation and coconut explosion are spectacular to see!

3 Likes

For some reason the food description mod crashes my game. As in, if I’m remembering correctly anyway because this happened way before I made this account, my game wouldn’t start up. I have no mod that affects the food descriptions on steam and the only mods I have in my mods folder from places other than steam are all Big Fatties related.

I’ve also had an issue happen to me last time I played where the status pods just crashed my game when used. One day they worked, next time I played they didn’t. No clue why.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that I did of course get the Improved Food Descriptions mod when I tried it.

The description issue is pretty common. In short, when starting Starbound through Steam, it first loads only the mods from the mods folder, and then notices that it is supposed to load the Workshop mods too and does a full reload. My Fix gets loaded the first time around already, but specifies that it requires the description mod itself, which isn’t loaded until the second attempt. The result is a crash about missing dependency mods, before the Workshop mods even get a chance to be loaded.

The thing about the status pods is concerning. Do you still have the game log of that crash? (It would be best to send it per DM, to avoid clutter. Clicking my profile pic next to this post should bring up the option.) Starbound saves the five most recent logs next to the current one, all in the ‘storage’ folder next to the mods folder.

That might be a problem, I don’t have a program that can open the log files.

I was also playing co-op with a friend, whenever either of us opened a status pod my game would crash back to the main menu but my friend would be fine, still in the game.

A) The log files are simple text files, any text/code editor should be able to show them, starting with Windows’ Notepad.
B) You don’t need to open it to send it to me. Just grab the whole file. In doubt, send all six there are, I can look through them all.

Aaaand, since I got some thing done again, here a little summary of changes:

• Little update to the status pod fountains, following the suggestion of Ethyriel a few posts above
  • Two brand new add-ons, one suggested by 1234-5-6 in the suggestions thread, and another one I came up with while writing that first one.
3 Likes

Oh someone actually saw that post. Cool that it was made into an add on, glad you liked the idea enough to actually enough make it into one.

Ok, I feel like I am missing something here. I cannot find the Anomalous Cake in the big fatties vendor, is it in the modfatties one or somewhere else?

It’s not sold regularly, just like chocolate and honey aren’t obtainable normally. These are unused things in Big Fatties that I simply wanted to give some love. If you want it, spawn it in, or use the food rations.

1 Like

Oh ok, I though it was sold in the vendors, thank you for clarifying

PS: what is the item ID for the Anomalous Cake for apocalypt- I mean gorging purposes

1 Like

It is anomalouscake.

1 Like

Thanks! Totally won’t cause the end of the world with the self-replicating cakes!!!

Quick question about the Slimes addon:

Was there at one time a larger size of slimes (before the sprites were updated)? I swear they were bigger at one time or another, though that could just be visual differences between the sprites, and my memory being silly again.

And, if there’s always just been three sizes- would it be possible to add a fourth, even larger size, or is there some kind of technical limitation in the way?

The size kept about the same for all three sizes over the reskin. And yes, there have always only been three. A fourth one is entirely possible, but I’ll have to look how I scale its HP, because of the splitting mechanic.

2 Likes

A boss version thats huge would be interesting but unless the game gets larger sizes ( becuase I imagine the slime being bigger then a blob player) it may not be worth it

How about only certain parts of the body expanding as you gain weight, like, say, the butt?

I believe that this was already hinted at in the main mod

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this, but uh, the food descriptions fix seems to have an issue, Everytime I try to load the game with the fooddescriptionsfix.pak, I get an error message that tells me it’s missing a dependancy. I have the steam mod that was linked in the post, and it runs just fine without the fix pak.

That’s a surprisingly common issue. The short version is: Get the Description mod from somewhere else than the Workshop and place it in your mods folder. That should fix it.

The explanation is in a post a bit further above, in case you are curious:

On the subject of the food addons, I have both the anti-rot and stacking addons for BF, and they don’t stack at all. I did start the world without the mods in, so would that have something to do with it? I also have the improved food description pak from the Starbound site, not Steam.