Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

These smiles are normal enemies that simply attack your weight instead of your health.
And yes, I always replace the download links in the post when I update the mods.

1 Like

Alright! thanks! so if i install from the first post ill have the slimes, right? or do i have to choose the jelly slimes post download?

The jelly slimes one of course. Each add-on has it’s section in these two posts, with its own download link.

1 Like

ah, thanks for clarification!

hey, so im playing around with the addons and the food descriptor fix addon doesnt let me turn on the game? i think it crashes because an error pops up

Please read the full post before using the mods. The information you are looking for is usually all there already.

ah sorry!
didnt see that when i read thru it

sorry for asking so many questions but are slimes suppossed to be rare? im on a starting planet with forests and it even has a biome with giant flowers but i havent seen any slimes, i even checked if the mod was working by spawning in a slime with commands wich worked

Because of the way Starbound works, the slimes will only spawn in biomes that have been created after you installed the mod. That means you either need to visit new planets, or terraform an existing one. I don’t know of a way to make it work on existing planets without these extra conditions.

i made a whole new save with this mod installed so shouldnt the first planet be made with the “new” biome? or do i still need to visit other planets?

It should. Keep looking, they may be small and hard to see.

If you have more problems, please go to DMs with this, we’ve been spamming this thread for long enough now.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but when I try to put the clothes that you’ve stated should work with the detection and go between sizes for granular wg, it either just makes me skinny in the clothes I chose or removes them to be naked. It’s strange, and I can’t figure out what it’s doing.

It sounds much like the clothes don’t have support for the stages of Granular Weight Gain yet. That list (in the “old post” section, I assume) is outdated for a while now. If things don’t appear with the detection, they aren’t in the other mods yet.

Valid, I was trying the Protectorate set and I haven’t experimented with this stuff in a while so I wasn’t aware which things were still “viable”. Do you know of at least a few?

Last that I know of, the Protectorate set should work, along with a few others. There are hoodie and jeans as generic clothing, as well as the chef, jumpsuit and scientist sets.

The Protectorate didn’t, but I might see if the game will let me put a bird in jeans lol. Aside from that I’ll just hafta see I guess! Thanks for answering so darn quick, I hope I’m not just dumb and doing something wrong. I did what they said, all the .paks are just in the root folder and I ONLY installed the granular clothing mod as stated on top of big fatties and the other stuff I wanted, so maybe it’ll shake out.

And to be more specific, I don’t know if I’m just doing it wrong –

I put the clothes I want in the first slot of the GUI, hit detect, it does nothing, and then I hit it again and it removes them. I’m probably just a dummy, but I don’t see what I’m doing wrong with it and I might be misreading the instructions.

I thought I accounted for that… Try putting them into the clothing slots in the main BF GUI and hitting detect then.

That gets me the pants up to blob and immobile but not the shirt, I might try more clothing options now that I know that works at least

There is a difference between the shirts you can select on character creation and the actual protectorate shirt you get from you locker in the intro mission. It has to be the real deal to work.