Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

Standard procedure is - as always - to fetch the logfile and letting me look into it. A lagspike hints at some assets failing to load, but I can’t be sure without the logs.

One question I have is: Are you using a BF version more recent than from several months ago? I know there is a preview version out, but I don’t know it it has been pushed to a full release yet. Changes in that version might have screwed up the crushing weight code.

2 Likes

Thanks for the informative reply; it doesn’t work with the older version of the mod, which makes sense. I’ll be sure to include a log if I encounter a problem ^^

I want to add more belches, but they don’t appear in the game despite me dragging these new files into the belches folder. I won’t publish my modified version, i just want to know how to get these new files to play in-game without replacing the pre-existing belches.

Hey, made this account to help specifically because I was stuck on this for a while too. :+1:

You need to open a file by the name of bigfattiessoundhandler.animation and manually add in the new sound effect’s file names under the appropriate section of the code. There’s a section for each of the ‘categories’ so to say of SFX the mod uses, and it should be easy enough to understand once you see it. Pay close attention to the syntax, the game will not run if you forget a comma between lines or anything of that sort.

The filepath for it is [unpacked mod] → stats → effects → bigfattiessoundhandler → bigfattiessoundhandler.animation (I’m assuming you’ve already unpacked the mod if you’ve put your custom sound files into the proper location already)

Also, make sure your custom files are the right type. If they aren’t .ogg files already you’ll need to convert them. I used Audacity to do so myself, but I imagine there’s plenty of options.

3 Likes

could you PLEASE update the granular version so it uses more then only 5 armor/clothing sets?
thers barely anything here, and i’d like to be able to use my spacesuit among other things with it,
like the trainee set or otherwise.
please, an update is really needed for this wonderful mod

These clothes have to be textured and animated by hand, each one every time. I have neither the time nor the skill to do this. If you want new clothes, ask in the original Granular WG thread.

If there are clothes for the granular stages already and they just don’t work, let me know and I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

alright, sorry for the bother. should really clear up though is the mod adds the clothes or the base FOR the clothes though. anyway, thanks.
:+1:

uh, what does one do if only the ptshirt doesnt work? its only working with normal bf sizes not granular… it used to work but now it doesnt.

someone help please?

1 Like

For the Jelly slimes what if when you press E to eat them they are pulled to your face and shrink as you slurp them down? Maybe trigger a face expression that opens your mouth during?

3 Likes

My character is supposed to be almost a blob right now, but instead they’re just floating a few feet above the floor. Is this because of potentially conflicting mods?

This is probably not my responsibility, but I’ll try and help.

It looks like you are missing the item for a weight stage there. Considering you said “almost a blob”, I assume you are using Granular Weight Gain as well. Are you sure that mod has the items for the species you are using?

I looked back at the page for Granular and there didn’t seem to be any support for the Avali race, at least for the moment. Sorry for wasting your time.

Hey Tobias, would you mind if I updated the Status Pod Effects addon for the new wip versions in the discord?

As long as you don’t share it as purely your own creation, I’m fine with that.
I’ll sit down and make an update myself once the “WIP” is over.

1 Like

Late reply but of course- I plan on including the fact that it was originally yours in the title as well as the general credits .txt file I include for all my mods (for what I’ve actually finished,) but is there anything else I should do as well?

If you’re using Granular WG, it has graphics issues with non-standard (ie: modded) races, even with the appropriate patch.

Do any of these work for the new and latest versions of the mod?