Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

Thank you so much for the clarifications…and ideas!

Awesome! Off the top of my head, I have the following ideas:
1.) An effect that spawns Slimes
2.) An effect that spews coconuts (and by extension coconut milk)
3.) Status pod is replaced with one of the strange mirrors.

Technically speaking, I have no idea if any of these ideas are possible. But, as concepts, here are my (sleepy) suggestions.

I noticed the honey coated status effect has no icon, but the effect still works.

So, I’m encountering an odd issue here, don’t know if this is the place to go for it. The expanding clothes expansion doesn’t seem to be working with Granular. When I take Granular out of the mod list however, the Big Fatties textures stop working for the torso. Has anybody else encountered this, and would anybody be able to help me troubleshoot it? Here’s my mod list if it helps-

Hey, I just wanted to say that the slimming gas status pod is exactly what I needed. I like gaining weight as I play, but I don’t really like the blob sizes and such (as I prefer to still be mobile). [We probably could use an upper cap, like the minimum size… Hmm.]

However, I do believe it to be a bit too powerful, as it basically resets your size no matter what size it’s at, while the fattening gas only makes you bigger by, like, 5 size levels.

@KymerionVesh: As I have stated in the first post, there no longer is a need to install the Expanding Clothes separately, as they have been fully integrated into the base Big Fatties mod itself. The link you find up there is an outdated version from before that merge happened. The same is true about the version made for Granular Weight Gain.

@7x9000: I tried to balance the two gas types to be roughly the same strength. In my tests, where I stood directly inside the gas sources, the slimming gas was slightly weaker than the fattening gas. To be precise, at default settings the fatgas pushed me to the end of Extra Plump (so almost Fatty), and the slimgas then took me back down to the beginning of Thick (the first level after Regular).
What I could do is create a few versions of these gases with different strengths. These would range from barely noticeable to racing through the whole weight scale a few times over. I would do that for both directions.

I just realized that it’s probably my fault, sorry.
I was looking at my stuff and I have the weight loss at 3x the normal rate. That’s probably why.
Still, a variety would still be a good idea, I think.

Oh! I must have missed it when I was scrolling through to see if this was already addressed. So is it just integrated into the Big Fatties GUI? And can I still adjust what outfit I want to be wearing at certain weight levels, or do I have to swap that manually?

Currently there is no way for “fine adjustment” for the clothes. It simply goes through the different stages the clothes you chose have, and that’s it.
If there is enough demand, I can dive into the new code again to revive that feature.

2 Likes

yup, the integration fully works but the outfit isn’t equipped for the granular sizes

That may be a problem with the changed naming conventions for the internal item names. I thought mrmoto would catch onto that…

Not speaking for anybody else, but I would love to see that feature return at some point.

I’m genuinely surprised people miss that function. Am I just missing something beyond the most trivial of conveniences?

There always are different kinds of people. There are those that can live with the bare minimum, and there are those that would like to have maximum customizability.
In case of this menu, some people liked to have clothes disappear at earlier stages, or replace the hoody with the t-shirt to simulate layers of clothing bursting one after the other.

1 Like

For me personally, it’s more of an rp/immersion thing. The outfits don’t disappear or until you reach almost immobile size or remove them manually. A buddy of mine who introduced me to the mod would have the hoodie for the first two weight levels, the simple shirt at the next two, and then nothing for the rest. It just seems easier to me personally to have it so that you can set that out ahead of time, just in case you’re roleplaying a long weight gain sequence. I will say right now that I know jack shit about coding/modding, but I wonder if this function could also be something that is enabled/disabled in the Big Fatties GUI?

2 Likes

I got around and implemented the suggestions for status pod effects by 7x9000 and Ethyriel. Have fun with them!

3 Likes

Oh, cool. Could we get the spawn codes for these?

Of course. The new ones are…
for the gasses:
bffatgaschoicestatusprojectile, bfslimgaschoicestatusprojectile for getting a random strength,
bffatgasweakstatusprojectile, bfslimgasweakstatusprojectile,
bffatgasstatusprojectile, bfslimgasstatusprojectile,
bffatgasstrongstatusprojectile, bfslimgasstrongstatusprojectile,
bffatgasextremestatusprojectile, bfslimgasextremestatusprojectile for specific strengths,

for the coconuts and the mirror:
bfcoconutpalmstatusprojectile, bfmirrorreplacerstatusprojectile

for the slimes:
bfslimecannonchoicestatusprojectile, bfslimehurlchoicestatusprojectile for random sizes,
bfslimecannonministatusprojectile, bfslimehurlministatusprojectile,
bfslimecannonnormalstatusprojectile, bfslimehurlnormalstatusprojectile,
bfslimecannonbigstatusprojectile, bfslimehurlbigstatusprojectile for specific sizes

The “choice” projectiles always just pick randomly from the specific variations in the category. I made them that way to not have these effects dominate the complete list of options.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll test these out later~

Unfortunately, I can not test it. My game literally crashes after the logo. Now, I know it ain’t BigFatties’ fault, not this mod’s, so I’m gonna keep trying what I can. Hoo boy.

Edit: A warning for anyone who uses FU. The Foodie’s Furniture and Prop Pack mods are now a part of it. If you CTD’d, uninstall the separate versions.