Starbound Big Fatties Mod 24/7 Server

Hi there, been a long time lurker but am finally wanting to get into chatting with the community to some degree and also maybe join in on this server that has been put up for this super cute and delightful mod for this game.

I would very much like to join, but i feel that there could be just a few more mods here and there that might make this server that much more enjoyable. These are mods that you can find easily on steam and download and see if they will play nice with the server. Ill list the ones i use here and a bit of a short reason why i think they might be a nice addition.

Note: None of these mods change the base game too drastically i believe. They mostly are here to provide a different option of play for the people on the server.

In any case lets start this list off shall we:

This first one is called Mech Overhaul:

Have you ever wanted to use your mech for longer periods of time to get your big butt around without having to resort to mods that feel like you are cheating? Well this mod is a nice middle ground for those that want the convenience of having a lot more mobility at larger sizes while also having a little extra challenge of getting fuel to power it for longer periods. Most things that you would consider to be fuel can be used to help fuel your mech.

The next one is called Better Ships:

Have you ever liked the design of your base races ship, but for some reason you could never find a way to get your big blobby body around easily enough on your own ship with those door dividers in place? This mod allows you to break and make certain walls around your ship to make bigger entrance ways to allow your big blobby body to move around much easier. You also have the added option of crafting new walls to place around where you wish.

Note: This mod will probably require others of the same name for the different races that will be involved in the server so as to change and add the new wall items for the specified race.

BYOS-Build Your Own Ship:

Now you may be wondering to yourself why are there two different mods listed here that tamper with your ship, wouldn’t these two mods conflict with each other? Strangely enough no. This mod i present to everyone as a means to be a little bit more creative when it comes to the ship that they want to have. The nice thing about this mod is that it does not change the starting ship until you find the quest giver and finish their small quest line. This is mostly for those that want a little bit more creative freedom when it comes to the design of their ship.

Buy Mech Crafting Stations:

Have you ever wanted to be able to make mechs in the comfort of your very own spaceship/home? Well now you can with your very own Mech Crafting Stations! Purchasable from your local Outpost Tech Lab.

Craftable Salvage Parts:

Craftable Mech Blueprints:

Mech Random Blueprint Fix:

Have you ever been playing starbound and wondered to yourself that it takes so long just to be able to get any of the parts necessary to be able to get the mech i want? Well with the help of these mods it makes it much easier without it being so easy that it would just outright give you the parts you need. You still have to go out and mine the raw components you need to make the parts and blueprints, but it actually gives you the exact part you need without the needless hassle of hoping you get the correct blueprint this time.
Note: the random blueprint fix is not a guarantee of a new one, it just makes the chance much higher to get a new one you have not received before

Mech Deployment Beacons:

Have you ever gone to a planet and either wanted to call your mech from your ship because you forgot to come down in it, or you lost your mech do to some unforeseen circumstance that befell your beloved mobility unit? Well look no further than the Mech Deployment Beacon. With this handy contraption you have the capability to call down your mech onto the planet to your new base by re configuring the landing zone coordinates of your mech. Now from the comfort of your underground bunker base, you need not worry about having to haul your blubbery butt all the way to the surface to go back to your ship and come back down in your repaired mech.

Ship Crops From Anywhere:

This mod simply allows you to place the Terramart Shipments anywhere it would not be normally allowed to be placed. This is for all those players who want to make a large farm on their very own ships/stations to have their crops shipped out across the galaxy, but cant due to this not being able to be jettisoned out one of the airlocks of said ship/station.

And thats it that is my relatively small list of mods that i use that i think you all should consider looking into to make the server ever so slightly better. Im sorry for the long post guys, I just really like this mod and i feel that this stuff is just really nice to have as options for your character so that way you can still explore most of the galaxy while being at the still mobile blobby state. I hope you guys will maybe consider some of these mods and i will cya in the stars =)

4 Likes

SSVM could work maybe

1 Like

Mech overhaul:
Will be added
Mech deployment beacon: will be added

Better ships and BYOS:
May conflict with some races, needs testing, it will work for you without server installation.

Buy mech crafting station, craftable salvage parts, craftable mechblueprints, random blueprint fix
Use /spawnitem command, I really would like to install them, but I find it unnecessary to use the precious servers RAM for these. Also, crafting mods work without server-side installation as long as they spawn vanilla items, so it won’t hurt your experience and won’t make server burn.

Shipcrops:
Allowed by default.

It was not updated almost 3 years, is it working? If yes - let me know and I’ll think what I can do to package it for server.

Nope, it was recently updated.

There’s three addons on FA but they’re not very quality

Two things about the mods list up there:
1. You are missing the NPC weapons mod. Clients without crash as soon as they “see” an NPC firing a milkshake gun.

1. You linked and old version of Mod Fatties, one without the NPC guns.
  2. You only need the last version of the clothes expansion, the “v2.0” you linked above is only an updated version.

The NPC weapons mod has been bundled into Mod Fatties as a whole, which they do have in the list its just a bit harder to see between the other stuff.

1. Tested it with other players, works absolutely fine, that is not server-side error.
    EDITED: Despite that version is an old one(there were updates) it includes guns and both me and server have it. Works. Updated the link tho.

2. Thanks, forgot to remove old link, edited.

Installed the 9.5 vore version.

Figured I’d stop by in case anyone has missed the announcement. I am allowing people to dm me about my discord server for the mod. And if you want, this server can be displayed there for others to try out.

1 Like

Sure thing, will be appreciated.

hey, could you perhaps add this mod?
https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/lyetzis-gunners-mod.547/

Oh sorry, my wording wasn’t the best. What I meant to say was you can join the server so that it can have its own channel and discussion can also take place there as well.

neat. these things sometimes go hand-in-hand.

I probably shouldn’t of left the discord but I’m rather skiddish.

i’d like to join the discord server as well, make it easier to tell when people are online

pretty true, yeah.
In the meantime, while the avali lads are waiting for the full sets to be done, SSVM has a belly to use.torkey
naturally i prod at the avali and it’s applicable examination lines, but it may be best to wait for Dispatch to be finished with the sprites

hey could I suggest the trollbound mod to be added?

I think your server is down

im having the same problem

server seems to be down then i guess, that or it’s corrupted, probably by the mech thing s which are likely not compatible with 1.4