Starbound Big Fatties Popping Addon by Joliair

If you want it to cause death, check the box for “spawn on pop” or something like that in the upper left corner of the settings window

1 Like

You also won’t die from popping if you have admin on

1 Like

help i cant get the mod working could you send joilors page link if any advise you give doesnt help

It’s been working just fine for me. You need Big Fatties installed first obviously, then you need to enable it in the Big Fatties GUI as stated in the opening instructions. Beyond that, we can’t help you without some more information.

Quick question: Are there options to switch between clean or messy popping? The reason why I asked was because whenever I think of messy popping, either Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life or the US commercial for Yoshi’s Island come to mind.

Unless the mod got updated between November and now I think there’s just clean popping only.

There is no “Messy” popping in the mod, unless you take into account all of the items you drop when you die (which happens on any death unless you’re on an easier difficulty).

That’s too bad. I could’ve seen Joliair adding a unique animation where an immobile player’s belly bulges outward before ripping open and causing any form of liquid that the player in question consumed (even lard in case the player ate lots of fattening food or ate a piece of Blubber Gum) spilling out from the belly, instantly causing the player to respawn, regardless of whether they’re on the planet’s surface or are on board the ship, using the same fadeouts and screens (of which show the player in some kind of cryogenic tube) that send the player back to the ship when they died on the planet’s surface, especially compared to the clean popping when used on board the ship where the player respawns in the same spot they popped in.

There’s the respawn popping that can be turned on or off (turned on the character will “die” and be sent back to their ship like any other death), but nothing special comes out of the character. Note: If you have a lot of lard/liquid erchius/etc in your inventory it will spill out with all of the rest of the droppable inventory items that come out on a normal death, but its’ not dropped as a liquid (but instead as an inventory item).

whatever happened to the joliair dungeons mod?

Hi, I’ve been working on an addon that would expand the Blueberry concept. I got some item scripts written and sprites made. But I am rubbish at making things work. If you’d be interested I could discuss this further with… If you’re interested of course.

I am not seeing the menu, and i have it installed correctly, can someone help?

(figured it out)

So I’m having a slight issue:

I’ve downloaded the mod per instructions (installing bigfatties then the popping mod), and I get the menu in the GUI, but when I attempt to enable it it doesn’t actually show me any of the settings, nor does it enable popping (it disables itself after closing the menu)
this
. As far as I can tell, the other items in the game work, but this menu nor the popping function will.

2 Likes

I downloaded it on my pc (windows) but I can’t play do I need an app to play it ? Please help

I only just saw this a few days ago. you have no idea how excited this made me when I saw it. a bit of a shame that this is just a reupload as I had some ideas.

Put the .pak into your Starbound mod directory. (The .pak alone. Don’t put it into a subfolder or it won’t work. [ie: “starbound directory”/Mod/YourMod.pak])

hey all! I felt like mentioning, I personally have contact with Joliair. I will message him briefly if he’s okay with this and if he is, if he’s okay with us making modifications and edits to the mod :+1:

4 Likes

Would be great to see a version of this mod compatible with the latest builds. Anyone think theres a chance of that happening?

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to work for me, there’s no options for changing anything to do with popping…