Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Well, I tried, lol.

I still want to wish you good luck in the future, to whomever reads this! ;D

Well if npcs voring you via: turning them hostile, giving them an annoying unescapable vore weapon, or giving said weapon a long cooldown giving them a dumb blank expression when you escape is a bad idea…
then may I suggest an alternative or two?
Option 1 would be making an interactable furniture piece; could be modeled after a character or a monster or whatever, but upon interaction you get “vored” by this thing.
Code-wise: it’s just a chair, just modeled, sprited, and animated to look like you’re being vored. (probably works best with a disclaimer on whether the vore is safe or not) Obviously this option is more of a sprite-work job, maybe a bit of juicy dialogue too.
Option 2 would be a “reverse vore” tool for the player to use: an almost exact copy of the existing vore tool, except it’s function is to put YOU inside of THEM. or at least to cast the illusion of this. (putting a tie on you to the location of the selected npc, making you invisible, and automatically making thier sprite fatter.) Options are already in place for making a vore safe or not for the existing vore tool, it should not be too difficult to copy settings from one tool to another.

Thank you for listening to my idea, if it was helpful or at least inspiring to any coder/spriters then i’m glad to be of assistance. If it was not helpful then I apologize.

1 Like

thats a big brain idea to me

Bit of a weird post I think, but does anyone know where I can find older versions of this mod? I’d like to look into the scrapped FattyNovakid race.

It’s nothing but a novakid without the pros of a novakid. It is incredibly limited and was never a good option.

Ah, alright. Thank you for replying, I’ve been looking around for a while trying to find ways to let Novakids work with BF. Thought you might’ve found something with the race, even if just a bit small.

Novakids still “work” in the sense they still have their bodies supported. It’s more so a player issue as npcs and other players don’t have the ignore lighting setting on them as the player does. Your best bet for it to look consistent is to just get a mod to turn off that for novakids. The fullbright effect that lights up the area will still be there, the novakid will just no longer ignore lighting.

uh im having a issue with race select where if i click, let alone hover my mouse on it, my entire game crashes. did i do something wrong?

by that i mean one specific slot

Just redownload the mod.

its still there and i dont know what else to do

You have to throw out the old version of the mod and replace it with the fresh download. And if you’re still having trouble replacing it. You can just, not hover over that race menu if you can’t get rid of it. It won’t crash the game if you don’t touch it.

Happened to me as well, and yeah, you kind of just have to not touch it lol.

Well, just to compile them into full bodies, really, and turn them into placeable objects/VSO’s. that’s all

i bet mutant apex enemy would be good starter templates

1 Like

does anyone knows how i can extract the weight sheets in the pak file of the mod? I heard people having a file of the mod instead of a pak file like mine so i just wanna know.also,just curious,is the wip file the one with the sheets and everything?

You can either google a guide on how to unpack pak files. Or wait for whenever I finish up the modified sprites as their own standalone template.

1 Like

ohhh ok,thanks.ill try that

1 Like

quick heads up, any not supported race gets you the B I G L A G

Thanks, but for me it just doesn’t show anything f

Btw, ThatSonicFan, did you ever get it to work for you?