Startup Bigshot - tiny office simulator

08-29-22T01_31-558

The first thing that comes to mind with “greed” and “minions” is a tech startup that bleeds money and yet still gets hype.

Put workers to work by picking up a chair, scooping them up and rolling them to a cubicle. Feed them to improve their mood and make them less likely to goof off.

The goal is to get to $1,000,000, but there was not enough time to balance or refine the mechanics, so it’d probably take forever to get there.

The idea I had for this also turned out to be a little dull, so I won’t be offended if you just look at the screenshots.

Controls:
wasd/mouse: movement
E: interact with menus, pick up chairs
Left mouse button: Feed workers
4: little cheat to give yourself free money
F12: Skip to the ending

Music used: https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Ketsa/equinox-rising/glass-elevators/

20 Likes

This is a pretty good startup (pun very much intended) the two models used are actually well made minus the minor clipping through clothes, lag after adding too many workers, or the Godot engine being wonky with mouse locking/clicking

Do you have any socials or anything in case you decide to do something else with this however? Wouldn’t mind watching the progress of whatever work you end up doing

1 Like

Even if simple, the concept is nice and you got the atomosphere down pat!

1 Like

Is low metabolism bugged or is it just not very noticeable?

Cute, silly and pretty humorous to boot. Chasing after employees with office chairs and the little “whuh!?” reaction doesn’t gets old for me!

1 Like

Indeed its very nice game. This game have full potencial and I would even pay to see more of this.
Wish there was something to make them even more chubbier. Or hire female workers too.

From what I can see it does seem fun :smiley: but godot is gliching for me (As in it screches the models so much thats its near impossible to do anything)

This is pretty neat! I think it’d be fun if there were other totally normal office procedures to keep the employees happy and well fed, perhaps more passively so it’s a bit more self-sufficient. Their metabolism is insane and they seem to get mad the moment they’re on the computer, I think it’s basically as effective to just not feed them at all. The character models are really nicely made and the tummy is excellent, shame the belly goes away so quick.

2 Likes

I agree with snack maniac, but also the happiness booster perk doesn’t seem to help, the productivity booster doesn’t to work, and slow metabolism perk is actually detrimental because you cant feed to increase happiness if the worker is at max weight.

2 Likes

I agree, the groundwork is there, but the numbers need a serious rebalancing. Incidentally, I was able to eventually get a million, but nothing seemed to happen. Overall I’d say this game is mostly there, it just needed some more tweaking.

1 Like

Has anyone else run into the issue of every model’s mesh being broken on Godot games? I know this isn’t a problem with this specific game, but rather every 3d Godot game I run. I’ve looked online everywhere for fixes, but nothing has come up.

omg the lizard people are so cute

1 Like

Hope this game continues development. The menus are kinda janky, yeah

1 Like

uh how do i get snacks? im a bit confused

Super neat game; love the characters, they are super cute!

Might just be a godot thing on my end but the menu’s are a bit funky to click on and very difficult to exit out of. Gameplay wise does feel lie they get instantly mad as soon as they get put at a computer no matter how large they are, but I really like the idea might just be a tweek of some numbers there

Overall though, a fun concept and a great job you’ve done! Would love to see more of these adorable and hot (looking at you casual day perk :wink:) lizards!

The game is interesting, though definitely still very rough.
For one, the moment you put a worker into their seat to work, the bubble representing their mood instantly turns red, but in real time they stay there and work for a while before they actually get up and walk away.
I did find a glitch where buying a new employee, while it says it costs 10k, if you click it while under that much money, you only lose 1k of cash and still get a new employee. Also it doesn’t show how much it costs to buy a perk, even though I know you get a free perk everytime you go in the red. But one thing I found is a major game breaker would be the instant 100k cash perk, which you could just use repeatedly at the buying laptop and spend it all on more 100k cash for even more money. So, that’s something.
Overall, needs a lot more work, but it’s a pretty nice game the way it is now for a quick fix of fatty lizard employees.

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 6.15
Writing: 0.0
Music & Sound: 5.2
Mechanics: 5.1
Game Concept 6.2
Use of Fetish 5.0
Judge Preference: 2.0