Steam has introduced private/hidden games

Steam has introduced a system that allows you to individually hide games in your library from other users, so your playtime and achievements from those games will be invisible to everyone while the rest of your library can remain public. You can also mark games as private in the shopping cart before you buy them so the “User now owns new games” message won’t appear in the activity feed.

So if anyone was holding off on buying some games featured on this site out of privacy concerns (which I definitely wasn’t. What, no, those sudden purchases don’t mean anything…), Steam now has a way to keep them hidden. Wish lists are still the same as they always were, so people can still see whatever you put on there if yours is set to public/friends only.

There’s some other new features too if you want to check out the full update post, hopefully wish lists will be getting the same treatment soon too.

24 Likes

Oh nice! Thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

Nice! Now I just need to see what games here are on steam

steam tag can get you started.

4 Likes

Definitely good news! I’ve had quite a few people say that they don’t buy fetish games on Steam for exactly this reason.

7 Likes

Realtalk I’ve always just had two separate accounts, but this is nice too.

1 Like

Always exciting to see.

It’s about time! I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to be fixed for what, like, two decades, myself? Wow. That feels weird to say. Two whole decades. That’s fucked up. This is going to boost their figures significantly since people will feel much more liberated to buy games they don’t want their friends to know about, I have no idea why it took them so long!