Still Alive! Progress and Hopeful Release

Twitter Version

Hi all!
As stated in the above Twitter post, I am and have been still at work on Doughball Descent; frankly I’m glad someone asked if the project was still alive, as time and motivation have been what’s holding it back. To be entirely honest, I could’ve released it in September with all the content I promised, but I didn’t want to be overshadowed by the Gain Jam and fell into the classic pitfall of adding more.
For both of our sakes, as developer and player, I want to get this game “done”, and as such I am asking for some moral support: I will be forcing myself to post progress more frequently here and to my Twitter, or maybe even preview builds

I hope there’s no hard feelings, and that you’re still moderately excited for Doughball Descent
-Plubber

19 Likes

Oh, man. It’s rare that I get excited for a game here or in general, but from what I’ve seen, this is looking really cool and I can say I’m excited! Keep up the awesome work!

Ps, as a pixel artist, I can say that this game is pretty inspiring to me! :grin:

3 Likes

This is the one downside of not being able to enquire about updates here - for the times when it is appreciated!

I was a big fan of the original DD and was stoked by what few art previews had been posted on Discord, so I for one can’t wait to see this finally being released!

Godspeed, Plubber!

2 Likes

Very understandable not wanting to overshadow the Gamejam. That and I’m happy that it’s still being worked on.

1 Like

Will be there female pc?(player character)

I’m glad to see the game is still alive. Don’t worry, You can always add more in a future version. A lot of us fans will still enjoy what it has now. Just take things one at a time, don’t get too stressed out, take a breather. We’re rooting for you.

1 Like

There’s my favorite game from the 2020 Gain Jam! So glad to hear from you again, knowing that you’re still making progress on Doughball Descent!

1 Like

What my brain heard when I read the thread title:

1 Like

I never forgot the originally estimated Summer 2021 release date! I was refreshing this site like every day all summer hoping for some news. Really glad to hear that you’re still working on it, and looking forward to the full release!

1 Like

as a stretch goal i had at the very least ambitions of a custom character sprite editor, but for the time being the protagonist remains gender-ambiguous

I had a great time with the original version, I can’t wait to see it expanded upon!

1 Like

I actually streamed your demo! Playing by the Pound | Doughball Descent - YouTube I had a lot of fun with it, and so did my audience. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having motivation issues - maybe knowing of this interest will help give you a bit more. :slight_smile: I’d love to stream it again if it gets a fuller (chonkier?) release later on!

3 Likes