Sweet Mania ♥ [ Short and Adorable Yum's story ]

News:

We are still waiting for the Jam results announce, because we decided to create a new topic later and add at least one bonus level :3

What will be changed:

• Speed of level 2
  • Shake effect
  • Some typos
  • Bonus level

Bonus level is like the credits page, but usernames/lil cute faces/chibis of creators and supporters will be falling instead of food.
We didn’t open any donation pools yet, but we are going to do that, so if someone want to become a part of this game - you can wait for news, there will be something ^^ Tiers will not be too expensive.

BY THE WAY, thanks to all for donations, some people supported us through itchio service and it was so kind of you!!! ;w; Please, contact me here or send me a note me on FA if you want to your name will be added to the game in next version! :heart:

2 Likes

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 305 |

| Writing: | 285 |

| Concept/Design | 740 |

| Msc: | 170 |

| Total: | 21585 |

Comments:

I have to say this game is very well but together for how quickly it was built and I have to say I love the art style. There is not much there mechanically but it is fun and I thought the story was very cute. My only main issue with it would be feedback to the player, mainly on the main mechanic of the game of choosing what two of the items you should eat. The amount of weight you gain from each item is not clearly communicated with you having to go to the how to play screen to find out what you should go for. What I would suggest is having a number popup and fade after catching a food item which will help players learn the values as they play and help them self correct during the game. All in all very well polished and fun though, would almost love to see this on mobile.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 241 |

| Writing: | 250 |

| Concept/Design | 950 |

| Msc: | 125 |

| Total: | 21736 |

Comments:

Adorable. Very polished and cute. Not much more to add than that.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 250 |

| Writing: | 220 |

| Concept/Design | 560 |

| Msc: | 100 |

| Total: | 21345 |

Comments:

First, I have to say the presentation of this one is adorable. The artwork, the writing, and the music/sfx just come together to make a very polished product that has a wonderfully distinct style.

That being said, the main problem I have is that this did not really use the theme but only in the most technical sense. I think you get slower as you gain weight, and then of course the whole core of the gameplay is stuffing yourself, but I really felt like you could have done more with this. If you took the fetish element out, the gameplay doesn’t signficantly change. I do really like the game, and the presentation is great, but I felt like it missed the point of the theme.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 360 |

| Writing: | 250 |

| Concept/Design | 1035 |

| Msc: | 100 |

| Total: | 21970 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 300 |

| Writing: | 270 |

| Concept/Design | 1130 |

| Msc: | 170 |

| Total: | 22100 |

Comments:

This game was like playing a sweet bed time story, it was full of charm, endearing writing, cute art and characters and the gameplay whilst simple, accompanied it well. I honestly only wish it could be longer! Absolutely adorable submission!

Scores

Art: 1456

Writing: 1275

Sound: 925

Design: 4415

Total: 108736

1 Like