Terraria Fat mod

Hey, so I have been working on this mod on terraria where all npcs are fat.

I have the art of the first character, the nurse, right here,
Nurse_Default
And I plan on doing all of the characters in the future.

I have a basic framework for a resource pack, but I don’t know how to change the npc sprite to the ones that I want, help would be very much appreciated, thanks for reading!

26 Likes

I know it is possible, I just unfortunately don’t have any idea how. Only thing I can do is praise your already adorable art for the sprites, well done.

4 Likes

interesting

7 Likes

thanks, appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there, nice job on the sprites! Given I’ve made my fair share of resource packs in the past I might be able to provide a little help.

I have a basic framework for a resource pack, but I don’t know how to change the npc sprite to the ones that I want

Try reading this if you haven’t already, it’s how I got started: Official - The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop | Terraria Community Forums

The gist of it is, for a resource pack to work you need a folder, a couple basic files in it, and then a “Content” folder where the actual pack’s content goes into. If you wanted to change a Town NPC’s sprite (such as the nurse), you’d need to place the spritesheet inside of a TownNPCs folder (which in turn goes inside the Images folder) with the exact name used by the game (to figure out what to use you can extract your game’s image files using TExtract).

However, for the edits to show up in-game, your spritesheet also needs to have the exact same dimensions as the original one the game uses. Looking at it right now your sprites might be able to fit in the spritesheet on their original size, but at 2x scaling (every sprite in Terraria is scaled 2x) that won’t be the case anymore. As a result, you’ll have to modify them to fit if you plan on putting them in the game.

4 Likes

Alright, i’ll be working on it right now, than you so much!

1 Like

So I have a problem, so I put the npc nurse sheet and named it correctly, but It won’t appear in game, even with all resource packs gone, can you help me with this? Thanks!

It’s a bit hard to say as there’s a lot of little mistakes you could make that would prevent it from showing up in game. Did you check if the dimensions of the sheet match correctly? The nurse spritesheet should be 40x1288 in pixels.

1 Like

Yeah, its 40 by 1288 pixels, Is it the name, I named it Nurse_Default.png, do I need to change the name? Thanks!

1 Like

The name seems to be correct. Maybe it’s the folder it’s in? It should be inside a TownNPCs folder, which in turn is inside the Images folder for your resource pack.

1 Like

Yeah its in there, I use Kira to edit the spritesheet, and in turn that makes it one set, like if I click on one sprite all of the sprites are selected, is that bad?

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that. As far as I know the software you use to edit the spritesheet doesn’t matter unless it’s exporting to a format which isn’t PNG, so you should be fine there. Past that I don’t really know what could be the issue unless the image file corrupted somehow - it happened to me a grand total of one time and it resulted in the enemy in question not spawning along with breaking the bestiary when it was supposed to be on screen, so unless something similar is happening to your game it should be easy to rule that out as well.

2 Likes

No the nurse still spawns in, and everything seems normal, I really don’t know what is happening here? Again thanks!

1 Like

good luck lad, because i have no idea how this works

2 Likes