The Grandmaster of Gluttony [Next Game Announced]

so what is the model for the AI generated images that are used here, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

This is max size of picture I can get, so I change the form and size of picture and try to aim the text to move on. Really wish to fix this.

I used NovelAI. Didn’t mess with the settings much for most of the images, but I’ve found the full diffusion works better than the curated. For some of the larger sizes I used the furry diffusion to generate the base images and converted to more of an anime style using the curated diffusion. (This process can be pretty time consuming)

If you’re having issues with images overlapping then I recommend just downloading v0.2.0 of Grandmaster, since it has all the same content but the UI is scaled down and should work on most devices.

5 Likes

That helped, thanks.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s no fun, not seeing what you can read sucks.

Wow, this is incredible. The puzzle chamber is my favorite by far with the pacing, the writing, and the overall feel of it. Love the other two chambers and how they are both really unique. Really looking forward to future updates!!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, there’s been alot of talk on the site recently about “abandoned games” and it got me thinking about Grandmaster again, so I figured I might as well make a quick post. I have a few thing I want to share - some bad news, but also a fair amount of good news.

I’ll just get the bad news out of the way first: I’m not actively developing this game any more, though this was probably pretty obvious based on the frequency of updates. However, I think that the good news will help to offset this: I had one last little update kicking around before I really stopped working on this game, so I decided to spend a bit of time fixing up the UI today (so it actually scales to the size of the screen) and integrating the small bit of content I had previously made into a new version of the game. This will likely be the last update for Grandmaster for a while, so I didn’t want to just leave the game in a totally broken state.

I have some more good news, but I want to give a bit of an explanation first. The reason I stopped developing Grandmaster was for a few reasons. First of all, I felt like I had learned enough from developing it. My main goal when making this game was to figure out if I would even enjoy game development and what my limits as a dev were. Working on Grandmaster for the time I did really helped me to figure out these things, along with helping me get familiar with Twine. Since I had already learned all I wanted to, I didn’t feel super compelled to continue working on the game. The second reason I stopped development is because I didn’t feel like I had any justification for doing it. Obviously, making the game was fun, but it was hard for me to personally commit hours upon hours with no (financial) incentive. I think that a good way to justify a project like this besides money, though, is if it’s fun and if the completed product brings other people enjoyment. However, that leads me to my third reason: Developing a game of this small of a scope was becoming less and less fun for me, and additionally, I felt that whatever finished product I created with Grandmaster wouldn’t be as enjoyable or popular with people as perhaps a larger project would be. I know that people’s reactions to this might be “Oh, but this game //is// enjoyable!”, but as I’ve advanced as a developer I’ve realized just how deeply flawed and low quality Grandmaster feels to me. I’m still proud of what I accomplished with the game, but there’s plenty of things that I would change about it now that I’ve gained more experience.

Now, the elephant in the room. When I say “more experience” with game development, I //do// mean that I have spent time developing other projects. This is my final piece of good news - For quite a while, I’ve been working on another game. This project is the game that I really wanted to make before I even started working as a dev, and I’m really excited to eventually share it. However, I don’t want to give any details or release dates on it right now. I really have no idea when it’ll get done (if ever, lol), but I just wanted to let people know that I’m far from finished as a developer on Weight Gaming. Also, if/when it ever comes out, this game is absolutely gonna blow Grandmaster out of the water (the reason I say “if” is because I’m pretty sure I’ll finish it, but you never know if I’ll get burned out on it or something).

Other than that, I just wanted to apologize for being silent for so long. For a while, I wanted to just stay secretive with what I was working on, but with recent events on the site I’ve realized how annoying that can be. I hope people aren’t too saddened by the news that Grandmaster is getting canned (hopefully not forever. I do genuinely want to come back and finish it one day), but I figured that just saying nothing would probably be worse. Anyways, if you end up playing the version and find any bugs or glitches, please let me know, as I’m still willing to sit down and fix those.

Update 0.3.1 Changelog

Major Changes

• Added a new chamber to the Forest
  • Adjusted the UI so that it can scale to different screen sizes (Dynamic backgrounds on the weight stages have unfortunately been removed so that this could work)

Minor Changes

• Added some new formatting to images the appear within passages
  • Probably some other stuff that I forgot about
21 Likes

Absolutely shocked,never saw this coming, wish you the best on your new endeavour,grandmaster was pretty cool,so be proud hmhmh

2 Likes

Sad about Grandmaster, but excited to hear that you’re moving on to something you’ll have even more passion for. Whatever you end up working on, I know I’m definitely looking forward to playing it and giving any feedback that would help you develop it. Take your time, go at your own pace, and don’t feel pressured to make something absolutely perfect. The games that are the most fun to make end up being the best ones to play too. Thanks a lot for the update and best of luck to you!

4 Likes

yo iba a escribir algo más pero se me olvido xD
buena suerte o good luck creo que asi se decia
lo siento manejo un ingles tan alto, podria haberlo escrito en ingles pero me siento mas comodo en español
asi que si buena suerte y que puedas seguir avanzando en tus proyectos, a lo que voy es que tu proyecto te salga segun lo planeado en fin no se como darte las gracias porque me diverti asi que te lo agradezco.
en fin que te vaya bien y un saludo a tus manos.

adios
bye

3 Likes

For those that are still keeping up with this thread, I have a couple of good things to share. The main thing I wanted to let everyone know about is that in the most recent update of The Tower of Gluttony, I helped out with the images of the player character that were just added. The game is really excellent, and it deserves far more attention than it’s gotten considering how complete of an experience it is (and if you enjoyed Grandmaster you’ll probably enjoy this game too). If you liked the new pictures I made for the game, then you can look forward to that level of quality and more in my future projects.

The second thing I wanted to share is gonna be a bit more vague. Work has been progressing well on my next game, and I’m currently focusing on increasing the amount of content that’s going to be available in the first version. I don’t have any solid dates to provide, but I just wanted to say that you all should look forward to its release in the coming months.

Anyways, that’s it. Make sure to check out the Tower of Gluttony and to show @CriticalMongoose some support!

15 Likes

Oh right, I knew I recognized your name from before…I can really see some similarities between these two games, honestly

Hey everyone, I have something that I’m very excited to share with you all. Over the course of the past year, I’ve been working hard on my next project, and I’m happy to say that it’s come time for me to formally announce it.

The actual game won’t be releasing until next month, but I encourage you to check out the itch page if you’re interested in potentially assisting with playtesting in the very near future. I’ll be making a post and replying here once again when playtesting opens, and I’ll also of course be creating a new project page when the game formally launches. Any feedback regarding first impressions of FATACLYSM would be much appreciated!

17 Likes

Look pretty interesting, would help with playtesting with pleasure

2 Likes

Would love to help with playtesting.

1 Like

looking forward to it!

2 Likes

playtesting hell yeah.

2 Likes

Playtesting seems like it could be a fun time yeah.

1 Like

Looking at the pictures on Itch and it looks like you were able to achieve some cool stylings with twine. I’m definitely excited to see what you have made this time and looking at the screenshots just gets me more excited, especially that last screenshot outlining that event in the penitentiary. Are you planning on making a new topic when you plan on opening playtesting maybe or are you going to just keep it here?

2 Likes

Glad to see people are interested in the game. I also might share a bit more information/screenshots leading up to the release, so keep an eye on this thread and the itch page.

I’ll probably make a new post. I think it’s good to get critique from people who have already played Grandmaster and are interested in Fataclysm, but I also think getting some perspectives from people outside of the project during testing would be helpful in the long term. Making a separate post asking for playtesters should do a solid job of bringing in some players with differing interests, so that’s why I was thinking of going down that route.

2 Likes