The Inflatable Pet

Story
You were walking down the streets until you saw an abandoned box in an alley, which you decided take home unaware that someone followed you.

The stranger that followed you began to mess with the pets you found and turning them against you.

UpdateV.1.0 Final

• Changed the music

• Added sounds to every pet

• Made new ending for macro option

• Added macro option for a side story

​The Game is finished, it will not receive any updates anymore. What can still be added:

• ​Custom characters (always 6 frames), same template to ask for a custom character

• ​Custom side story (always 5-8 frames)

• Custom Game Over screen (optional)

UpdatesV0.9.8

• Added new pet for custom option

If you have a profile that wants to be linked to in the game send me in private the url so i can add it to the game (Only for Custom pets)

UpdatesV0.9

• Added new sounds

• Added new boss for air option

• FOR CUSTOM CHARACTER: IS LIKE SHARING YOUR OC BUT IF YOU WANT TO CREATE ONE TELL ME SPECIFICALLY WHAT IT IS SINCE I CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING THAT DOESNT HAVE AN SPECIES.

WHAT IS NEEDED FOR CUSTOM CHARACTER:

• SPECIES

• REFERENCE SHEET (IF NOT SEND A DETAILED WRITTEN REFERENCE)

• ANTHRO / FERAL

• PREFERED INFLATION METHOD

UpdatesV0.8

• Added a new ending for those that play the aftermath of kobold and water dragon bosses

• Added new sounds

• I was suggested to make an android version but I dont have enough resources to actually do it, but I do plan to do that in the future

• Just to avoid any trouble, the needle isnt an upgrade, its used for those that dont want to make the pets go past their limits or explode. Only in both boss battles the needle is used to reset the player score to not get defeated so easily.

• After getting past certain number, the bosses will speed their feeding/ inflating process with the player as it is shown that they get angry, its not a bug and neither can be fixed because I tried for many hours to fix it.

• For custom characters send me a dm through discord with a reference of what your oc looks like so I can add it. (written works too but I might take longer) Also you’ll have to tell me how the character would feel, what kind of method will be used and if they’re feral or not.

Fixed

• Fixed wrong sounds at wrong places

• Fixed an object that wasnt supposed to be where it was

• Fixed some images

UpdatesV0.7

• Added more lore to the story

• After popping the dragon or the kobold theres new scenes if you keep clicking

• Lore of why two of the pets attack you

• Added new scene after getting defeated by the Kobold in the food option

Updates V0.6

• Added New boss for the water option

• Added Custom Menu for those who want their characters in the game

• Worked on the store sprites now it should look like a proper store for each option (except custom)

• Extra: Dialogues seems like a far away thing to add, so for now there will be only normal updates until I find out how to add dialogues without them crashing the game

Updates V0.5

• Added Backgrounds

• Added Weight gain and Water inflation option

• Added pet (boss) for the weight gain option

• Added Gameover screen

• Added Pov for the battle against the weight gain pet

• Added Music

19 Likes

Perchance a way to expand their capacity…and maybe a popping tag.

I will say it’s a step up from the influx of rpgmaker and 3d human model games.

12 Likes

Just gave it a quickly play and it seems like a good idea as a prototype. As for things that you should add:
1- The background feels too empty as if you wanted to add more stages and not stop at the popping so either adding more stages to the growth, which would in turn up the game’s time, or filling it with props that you could perhaps buy in the store. Ie: Making unique props that give something more than just auto tap or +1 air on click. For example getting the gut to grumble from all the air via a “grumbling pump” that you buy (Though that may require that you add sound first).
2- In here you refer to the character as a dragon but in the files its says kobold so grabbing that we could maybe add a spin as in why is he getting big, cause from what i can tell from the expressions he seems afraid or at the very least uneverd. So we can maybe say that is master perhaps a dragon is punishing him and the dragon is enjoying it through some dialogue every stage that he goes through (a bit generic, i know, but at least i tried).

There are many more things that you could add but first it would be wiser to consolidate the base idea and then move from there.

PS.: If used well your artstyle could very well become a fundamental in this game. It’s simple, expressive and charming. Hope to see your journey on this game be fruitful.

6 Likes

So the title was something more of a mistake but there will be different characters that can be choosed since i plan on updating it from time to time

3 Likes

The game has been updated and it has a new character and sound effect

2 Likes

could you add a in-game volume slider, as I had my speakers at max and jump-scared myself oops.

It has no sound yet, sorry

Really cute! Can’t wait for the dialogue update

is custom unbeatable

its for custom characters for those that want their character in the game.

It is unbeatable because the first person to ask for a custom character wanted it to be endless

I have been feeling drained and got sick after a while, those that are still waiting for the custom characters to be added will have to wait since I am unable to use the computer because I need to rest

You just get some rest then, no big deal in having us wait, your health should come first after all.

1 Like

I question the music choice for the game. It sounds like someone important in the game just died.

I tried to search for music a little more about happiness but I had to pay it
So my best option was that but thanks, I’ll try to change the music

1 Like

Those that are waiting for custom characters will have to wait a little more, because I was importing the images and some of them got corrupted while others just seemed to be weirdly out of place. I will be redoing them and also taking the opportunity to fix a few things that happened when I fixed the sad music problem.

again im sorry if I have taken so long with custom characters.

Anyone that wants a custom character in game:
-There’s only 2 spaces left

Also I updated the template for better results

WHAT IS NEEDED FOR CUSTOM CHARACTER:

• SPECIES

• REFERENCE SHEET (IF NOT SEND A DETAILED WRITTEN REFERENCE)

• ANTHRO / FERAL

• PREFERED INFLATION METHOD

-THOUGHTS ABOUT CERTAIN METHOD

-NORMAL OR BOSS

-EASY OR HARD TO INFLATE TO CERTAIN METHOD

2 Likes

I can no longer continue in the game because I have been feeling bad due to life things happening around me, I might try now finish the last custom characters as the last update since I dont feel like I can continue developing the game anymore.

I hope you can understand that

5 Likes

The game will get its final update once my platformer game is finished, those that have waited will get the choice to have their characters public or to have a personal version with their custom character only

1 Like

The link seems to be missing??? Itch.io is saying 404 not found on this.

Here’s the itch page.

1 Like