The Lipomancer's Realm [V0.3.5]

hey i have a question is the magic meter supposed to be like you have that many spells or is it something else?

1 Like

because i can cast like 7 or 8 magic missiles

1 Like

ok so correction i waas able to cast 18 magic missiles the i leveled up and now i can only cast 2

1 Like

Gonna not jinx it anymore by saying I’ve fixed everything, but I posted a new patch.

EDIT: I’m scared

3 Likes

having fun with the game so far.
and fear not, just a few suggestions:

• the ability to rest in any random spot anywhere, the character will regain some energy to keep exploring. but if in a dangerous area can cause a monster to spawn.
    resting outside of places like a inn also has a chance to temporarily reduce max hp until the next proper rest
    wild rests also have diminishing returns starting at 30% and ending at 5%. that way they dont completely replace the inn.
  • a very easily daily quest from the guild that involves defeating three slimes, it’s only reward is a “daily care ticket” that when used at the inn lets you rest for free.
  • ik they are placeholders, but slight differences between class descriptions when the proper ones are added. for example mage descriptions shouldn’t include muscles as mages dont generally have defined muscles.
  • not useful yet but likely will be later. if possible, a “map” of your current area thats shown as a grid, doesnt exactly have to show you where you are in that area.
7 Likes

To be fair, it’s not a Somchu classic without some broken bugs, it’s your seal of assurance.

7 Likes
  • Yes, that is something I was looking to add. In fact, I was actually planning on making it so that the player could buy a Camping Kit or Tent or something that’d reduce the chances of getting attacked, but would be destroyed if you did get attacked.
  • Daily quests were something I was considering, though I was probably going to make the reward a bit of gold or something (though it would likely be enough gold to afford to sleep at an Inn for a night or two!)
  • One of the very first things I was working on implementing was Custom Descriptions for certain backgrounds. That’s actually one of the reasons the Noble Background is currently unplayable (also because I couldn’t be bothered to finish writing the Intro Passages).
  • A map would probably be pretty handy. However, I think that’ll likely be pretty low on the priority list since:
    A) I would rather not just make a map from text since it may look weird/get messed up on mobile or something.
    B) Best I could probably draw would be a tacky MSPaint drawing. That said, a drawn map would likely be the best bet, since I also want to eventually replace the current background stock images. On that note, my budget is far too tight to commission a bunch of and Backgrounds however many maps I need, so I’d have to either find someone who would be willing to do them for buying-in-bulk prices.

As an addendum to that second idea, I could make it so working at Inns could earn you a free meal or two and a room for the night (plus a fair sum of gold and tips, of course), at the cost of using your entire day.

EDIT: As for the last point, now that I think about it I’m not sure anything looks good in the mobile version of this game, as I haven’t nor currently plan to test it. However, it should technically be playable on mobile browsers.

7 Likes

ye i kinda have an ideia. you could try and use ai art for the backgrounds since they will probably be small so you can cut the parts that you dont like for example that hill is too green so cut it and keep the rest not really the best solution but for a tight budget it’s an option

i just realized that this was originally supposed to be a suggestion about money making which is why i replied to that specific post, but forgot about it and didnt remember to remove the reply.
as for

A) I would rather not just make a map from text since it may look weird/get messed up on mobile or something.
B) Best I could probably draw would be a tacky MSPaint drawing.

i was thinking that it could just be a image of a series of squares rather than text based. exits/starting positions are marked with different colors.
simple enough for a text based game, and works well with the tile system.

1 Like

Haha that’s exactly what I thought too.

1 Like

Lipomancer sequel?!

5 Likes

Not sure if this is a glitch or just not filled in yet, but in some places it says movedesc where presumably there would be a movement description

I also noticed a typo where it said Guid instead of Guild when speaking to the city gate guard

2 Likes

That’s a funny story: Turns out I accidentally typed <<print “movedesc”>> instead of <<display “movedesc”>> a few times.

I guess I was probably tired at the time or something, judging by all the silly simple mistakes I’ve been having to clean up today lol

Typo fixes will be in the next update.

5 Likes

THIS is the world premiere the game awards needed. Real talk though, I’m super excited to see where this game goes in the future. Also, a couple notes I’ve made while playing through the current version:

• Save files have no text on them, which makes it hard to know which file has what data on it. Not really an issue right now, but it could be in the future when there’s more stuff to do and having multiple saves would become more relevant.
  • When visiting the hospital, there is no way out except the back button.
  • Pie says it costs 10 to buy, but only takes 5 gold to purchase.
  • Healing potions only heal 2 health when on high fullness (not sure if this is intentional or not).
  • I know this was acknowledged in another reply, but not having any way to rest and decrease fullness is pretty rough.
  • The background image has a stock photo watermark on it (not really an issue, just thought it was funny)

There are some other suggestions I’ve thought of regarding the actual design of the game, but I think I’m going to save them until we’ve seen a bit more of the game.

5 Likes
  • Not much I can do about the save system at the moment, since it’s baked into Twine Sugarcube itself and I don’t know how it works.
  • Whoopsie daisy, will fix in next update.
  • Art of the deal, will fix in next update.
  • Purely coincidence. Healing Potions will randomly heal 2-10 hp no matter how full you are (though if you have less missing health than the number it picks, excess healing power is converted to calories).
  • Good news! Will be changed in the next update.
  • Unwatermarked photos are outside of my budget of 0, sadly.

Version 0.2 should be out Soon™, so hopefully that addresses most of the issues.

9 Likes

Oh hell yeah, the sequel I’ve been waiting for.

3 Likes

I like the current ground work that the game has, my only note is that sometimes when I click a link in town, that it will double click and instantly send me where ever the next link was, but that might just be me. I am a tad curious to see what you are wanting to do with this new game. Are you wanting it to be similar to your other lipo game but more added to it or re you going for more of an rpg with different paths and things you can do. In those regards, is there anything we commentors can do to offer help?? Maybe just throwing out ideas or scenarios for existing areas?? Final question… are you going to do those easter eggs again UwU???

2 Likes

The current plan I have in mind is to make this game more of a full on (I’m not sure it would quite be open-world) RPG. While I’m planning for there to be locations that play like TLR, they’ll be segments or locations in the game instead of being the entire game. That said, there likely won’t be nearly as many endings (such as ones from running out of HP likely getting mostly cut out in favor of waking up in the nearest hospital).

There’ll likely be plenty of easter eggs in the game, including some ripped from inspired by ones from the previous TLR once I find a spot where they fit in.

I’ll gladly listen to any suggestions or ideas that commenters have. Any feedback to improve the game is appreciated.

4 Likes

Have you thought about making a discord for the game dev aspect so that you might be able to keep certain bits into certain channels, like a bugs channel, an ideas channel, and such?? I fell like some things would possibly get lost in the forum, but I also have seen in the forum that there are plenty of people who like to stay out of discord or just don’t notice the link…

1 Like

Good idea

2 Likes