The Mystery of Bluff House--Updated

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/us4xwhvka0melgaa0wvvdg/the-mystery-of-bluff-house

Link to the game, thrown out there in the wild.

A few months ago, when I was feeling a little burned out with Sarah Goes to College, I started dabbling with another text game (because I can’t draw worth crap and I can only program if something is holding my hand). Partly it was because I wanted to try my hand at a completely different story, and part of it was to dive a little deeper into what the Quest engine could do. And thus, “The Mystery of Bluff House” was born.

The good news is it’s a very different game than SGtC: more supernatural and unrealistic, plus I figured out how to add a bit of randomness into the game. I think it’s a good game, and I’m feeling pretty proud of it so far.

The bad news is I’m not done. While I intend for this to be a contained story with a definitive end, I have yet to add in the absolute ending (though there are a few “bad endings” already in place). I also haven’t added in much of the description, and there’s quite a bit of placeholder text. So, why am I even talking about it at all?

I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to play through the game in its rough form to try their best in breaking it. If there are errors, I’d rather chase them now than later. I’d also like a critique on the story direction, ease of play, characters, and anything else that comes to mind. I don’t want to put something like this out in the wild, prefering to wait until it’s finished.

if anyone would like to try it out, let me know. I can send you the link. Thanks.

27 Likes

sounds neat. Count me in

3 Likes

I’ll give it a go :smiley:

3 Likes

I actually feel like playing something like this.

2 Likes

I would like to play such a mystery

3 Likes

I’d like to try it out.

2 Likes

I’d like to try it also

2 Likes

I want to test, and I’m willing to offer feedback.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to test as well

2 Likes

I’d be more than happy to test.

2 Likes

That sounds very impressive

2 Likes

where is the link even sent because i wouldn’t mind trying it out meself

2 Likes

Tons of people have already said they will, but…

I’m interested in beta-testing.

2 Likes

Im also want to test aswell

2 Likes

I’d like to beta-test and give feedback. I’ve never done it before, but it sounds like fun to me!

2 Likes

Don’t know how many more beta testers you need, but I’ve got plenty of time on my hands these days.

2 Likes

I would like to test it out if possible

2 Likes

I’d like to try this

2 Likes

I would like to try the game

1 Like

Oh, I’d absolutely love to test this game. It’s right up my alley!

1 Like