The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel v0.5.1

Outdoor scene lighting will be unchanged. I’m planning on keeping the bright and sunny look for those scenes.

5 Likes

How many indoor scenes will be updated?

The scenes in the feasting hall, kitchen, concourse, and temple will be updated.

1 Like

I think I might dabble in adding sound effects to QoC. Does anyone know where I can find cute female belch sound effects? Specifically, I love the feminine belches Hexalt uses in Yuletide Sophia:

9 Likes

I am not so sure whether adding it is a good idea

1 Like

I am, however, sure that adding it is a good idea

2 Likes

I concur that it sounds like a good idea if doable

1 Like

It will depend if I can find the sound effects that I want. They will have to be just what I’m looking for to be added to the project.

• I would like if sounds were added to QoC.
  • I would NOT like if sounds were added to QoC

0 voters

I’ll use this poll to gauge interest in sound effects for the VN.

3 Likes

Are you only asking about burping, or about a number of other possible sound effects? Personally, I’d be okay with burps and eating noises, could take or leave them. But I can think of other sounds related to digestion or… indigestion, that some people may enjoy but I would not. I voted no to be on the safe side, but might change my answer if you were more specific.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking mostly belches, and maybe some music. I’m not a digestion sound fan so I wouldn’t be adding effects like that.

3 Likes

I’m maybe not understanding the full story here, but isn’t it easy for the user to just disable sounds if they don’t like them?
I can understand wanting a developer to put their time and effort in other aspects of the game, but I don’t see a reason to not want any sounds in the game at all.
You can even split up certain sounds into different tracks so users can choose to enable certain sounds but not others.

10 Likes

Mostly time and energy from the developer that we would prefer to see put into different areas. But also many people either don’t like those sounds or would prefer to use their own sounds/music, so the idea of the developer putting them in isn’t appealing.

3 Likes

Why not, if you wanna do it then do it. People can just turn them off if they don’t like it (though you might want to put a warning at the start). Not enough games here have sound in my opinion, will be interesting to see what the results are.

6 Likes

Needs an I don’t care. I’m just not gonna vote, BUT, I bet you’d get a ton of votes for I don’t care either way.

It’s possible a lot of people who don’t really care are currently voting no?

5 Likes

Here check this site out and see what you can find useful

1 Like

burp/stomach gurgle/whatever sound effects would be good IMO, but things like footsteps or doors closing or birds chirping doesn’t seem necessary, and i’m not sure what the poll defines as ‘sound effects’

2 Likes

Despite the poll results, my focus isn’t going to be adding sound effects at this time. Sorry for the whiplash everyone… I’ll be honest, I’m having a little writers block as of late. I’ve been trying to spitball ideas to see if anything sticks.

Rest assured, I have made significant progress on the next update. It’s just this last little bit of writing get the story back to where it was before I added Brenna that’s proving to be a challenge.

12 Likes

I have an question if I may ask do you plan on making an mobile version of the visual novel

I may get around to that at some point. But my first priority right now is more content.

11 Likes