The Sims 4 "Weight Powers"

Hey guys, so I am finally releasing V1 of Weight Powers!
The mod is fully functional however there are one or 2 issues I couldn’t quite find a fix to, the main one being that the actions described below can be performed autonomously even though I tried to disable it, it is something I will keep looking into. Anyways, on to how it works, Weight Powers adds 8 new interactions under the “Actions tab” that are all various methods of controlling a sims weight (In order to have the powers your sim MUST have the “Weight Powers” trait). Also the most fun about weight powers is that you can watch them quickly blimp up after you use your powers. The Actions:
Add Fat - Makes a sim expand quickly for 30m
Add Max Fat - Makes a sim expand until they reach max fat (around 2 hours)
Remove Fat - Removes a sims fat for 30m
Remove All Fat - Removes a sims fat until they have no more fat left
Add Muscle - Makes a sim receive muscle for 30m
Add Max Muscle - Makes a sim grow to max fitness (2 hours)
Remove Muscle - Removes a sims muscle for 30m
Remove All Muscle - Removes all the sims muscle

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ICPaU2Lw375Gxu5w0Sgz-pzbTot7AFcg?usp=sharing

If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know!

Join my new Sims Weight Gain Community discord: The Sims Weight Gain Community

20 Likes

Welp time to add this one to the mods folder

1 Like

You are a legend. I love this.

Thanks man, glad people enjoy my stuff!

1 Like

Hey update! I fixed it, i had it in a sub folder that i keep new mods in for troubleshooting and because it wasnt working properly i took it out the sub folder and it worked!
You can’t have it in a sub folder in the mods folder for it to work properly :sweat_smile: :relieved:

I̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶t̶w̶:̶
T̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶D̶O̶E̶S̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶;̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶’̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶’̶ ̶’̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶’̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶
A̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶g̶g̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶?̶

Yeah, I am pretty sure most script mods require that they are in the main mods folder.

I cannot get the mod to work even though I have it in my main mods folder,it says I have it installed but nothing shows up in actions. And yes I have downloaded both the package and the script

Did you give your sim the modded trait? or do you not see the modded trait?

I gave a sim the modded trait and i checked both his actions and selected him and went to the actions of another sim with him. Does it only work with the girls?

It should work with any gender, you are selecting actions on the target sim not the sim you’re using right?

yes i am and it still just brings up the “form group,invite to group” menu

I will look into it, it’s a possibility that you have a mod that conflicts with it, or maybe the new patch broke a few of my mods.

I’ll move the rest of my mods and see if that works too

It did not work I still had the same action bar instead of the weight powers thing coming up

I’m having trouble trying to get this to work as well, any ideas on why?

Sorry for responding so late, I think one of EA’s updates broke the mod.

2 Likes

I installed this mod just this past week, and I finally got it to work!!! :grinning:

When I had installed it the first time, I downloaded the package file only. If I remember right, the trait was available in CAS, but the “Actions” didn’t show up when I had my Sim try to perform them. So I installed the script, but I didn’t install it properly. The script seems to consist of two files, a .py and a .pyc. I downloaded each of these (separately) into my Mods folder - which is wrong - and still couldn’t put the trait to use.

So finally, last week, I re-downloaded both the package and the script files into my mods folder. I downloaded the script as is, which is a .ts4script file. It’s finally working, and I’m loving it! :heart_eyes:

Maybe I’m just not giving it enough time, but I’ve found I’ve needed to hit “Save” every few minutes of playing in order for the effects of the “Weight Powers” actions to actually manifest…

1 Like

I think I experienced the autonomy issue. I recently had my Sim go to the gym. They’d already contracted the Gain virus, so they’re steadily blimping up anyway. But at the gym, they got a +1 Happy moodlet called “Receiving Max Fat (from Weight Powers)”, which is set to last for about 7 hrs. That’s odd, cuz they don’t have the Weight Powers trait. But they jumped up to Max Fat instantly, lol!

It sounds like an NPC sim has the power and used it on your sim.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking, kinda surprising to see an NPC do it autonomously, but I guess…?