The Tale of Ebony Floe - Inflation based 3D platformer

Here’s my gameplay of second build

3 Likes

Ah, thanks so much for taking a look at it! It’s very useful to see people playing the game off the cuff like this so I can get a much better feel for how well the game’s affordances work (or don’t work), so thank you for taking the time to make this!

I’m definitely changing my approach to making the levels for the game going forward

Fantastic 3d platformer! This is without a doubt my ideal weight gain / inflation type game. I’ve been playing it for a while and it’s really enjoyable. If there were things I would change / add, i would suggest a minimap or something to make things easier to navigate. Although, I don’t know what direction you want to take this game so maybe that’s not really important.

I also agree that butt inflation should do something more useful too, I was thinking it could maybe increase the player’s movement speed while in the air? like idk, moving her puffed up legs to push herself around in the air? Beats me, but you’ve done good work so far so i’m sure you’ll figure it out!

I also think puzzles / challenges where you have to have the right inflation type would be cool as well! So that you have a reason to capitalize on Ebony’s current inflation and use it your advantage (Like using the super jump of breast inflation, or bouncy speed of belly, or like a tube you have to roll down, etc.). Thanks for the great game and keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

I’m really glad you love it so! I feel that it’s possible that the new types of maps I intend to have may not require a map so much, but we shall see.

Yeah, I’m still working on what I want the butt to do. I’m thinking it could give extra jump height, but I’m not sure that’s enough. I’ll have to think about it more.

I do plan to eventually have specific levels that are specific platforming challenges, so there will definitely be some that will have her in specific shapes~

1 Like

YT link is dead. Please replace with something else.

his channel got nuked earlier this year.

1 Like

I saw replies to this and got excited that we got an update.

Nope. Just a YouTube complaint.

same thing buddy. same :frowning:

1 Like

The game is updated but through their subscribestar only at the moment

2 Likes

Demo 3 is available on itch ICYMI

3 Likes

Oh dear, I’d forgotten about this thread ^^;

Thank you for reminding everyone nonetheless!

I’ll go and update the main post now

2 Likes

I found a pretty bad glitch. If you’re in the middle of a race and get a “time to take a break” message your arrow vanishes, making you lose all the money you would have earned. So that sucked lol. I also kinda miss being able to control how I inflate. It was much easier to find my way around this map than the earlier versions, though, so great job on that one!
Edit: I also found out that your approval rating stays with you as you if you choose to restart from a game over. I also found a way under the map. Found a cube you placed under there, and I was really hoping it was some kind of debug stuff, but no. Just a cube.

Just to confirm, no, there are no dev things I could find in these weird smeared mountain/hill areas.

2 Likes

I tried the download myself, and it worked fine for me, so the OP is probably going to need more information. Try to give the full error message, or a screen grab of what happened. Vague descriptions of errors really don’t help to pin down the problem. FYI a “Content Delivery Network” like hwcdn is a bunch of web servers that handle bulk downloads of larger files rather than fiddly user interactions.

I edited your post because the forum software automatically tries to change any text like something.whatever into a link, and in this case it was to a site with a bad certificate. It’s a feature that can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

Welcome to Weigh Gaming - sorry for the shaky start!

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t anticipate players to play the race during work hours ^^;

Thanks for the heads up about the approval rating not resetting when restarting the game! I’m actually in the middle of reworking the job system to be very different structurally (it’s basically now structured like quests with dialog), so such bugs probably wont feature in the next update to the game. I don’t have an ETA for that yet, but I will try to make occasional posts about it when I can ^^

2 Likes

That’s pretty exciting stuff! I do really like the game. Movement feels really good and responsive, and I really like how expressive Ebony is. Super cute detail how she reacts to the inflation. Honestly that’s most of why I went glitch hunting in the first place. I spent literal hours trying to get under the first map you start in, but I managed that too lol.

1 Like

I went all over the town and couldn’t find anything to deliver. I couldn’t tell if it was a bug or if something else I wasn’t getting, the race minigame doesn’t seem possible in all circumstances either, these together basically rendered the game impossible.

Pfft! xD Well, I’m very glad that you’re loving the game so much to spend so much time hunting for bugs! ^^

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with some of the spawns. I assume you were looking for items throughout the town during work hours? And I;m sorry about some of the race objective spawns, I’ll try and fix those when I can ^^;

I tried looking around all of the buildings with the white orbs like the readme says, but nothing seems to be there, and yes this was during the work hours. There is a chance that I simply missed them, but nothing really stood out to me. Maybe there should be an arrow or something to point the closest one out so I can’t miss them.

1 Like

One of the comments on itchio touched upon it but yeah, as things stand now, going full spherical is basically a game over because it takes multiple IRL minutes for Ebony to calm down enough for the suppression bar to become slow enough to be react able and missing it just punishes you harder. And while Ebony is full spherical she can’t really do anything. She can kinda charge jump but not high enough to get anything notable done.

1 Like