The Tower of Gluttony [v1.3] - Text-based WG Roguelike

liked the 1.1 update but might wait a bit for 1.3 or longer for more content but if their is one issue i have so far is that i have been trying to make the PC immobile before reaching the final boss with not much luck (honestly been eating as many enemies as i can just to fatten her up fasters & belching to speed up lowering her fullness) and the farthest i got was around 600+lbs stage

Does the main character even have an immobility stage, though? I don’t think it was added

Indeed, she doesn’t have one (that would be hot btw) The highest stage it’s The 600 pounds one

2 Likes

I’ve just uploaded a patch that sets the max height of images to 50% of the screen height and also adds some padding to the bottom of the page. Let me know if that fixes the issue you’re having.

3 Likes

ended up getting all the way through on my first try, it was a great game! tho, it’d be nice to have a “view self” option with the epilogue since I put on around 80lbs in the last fight alone.
also just had to test out the dev controls to test for a max weight. would be fun if there were additional sizes past the 800-900 lbs mark, but I also get that those would likely never be seen in a normal run through.

10/10, very fun game. would love to see the same concept worked into a 2d rpg style roguelike with rpgmaker

4 Likes

Hey folks! I have generated a male protagonist image set as a mod for the game. You can find the image set (as well as alternate images) here: 12.51 MB folder on MEGA

I’ve included a README with instructions just in case, but all you need to do is extract the images from player.zip into the images/player folder in the base game. Please let me know what you think! Thanks CriticalMongoose for the game and for your permission in the PMs.

EDIT: Realized I should probably share some preview images. See below:

Summary

180 lbs:

260 lbs:

380 lbs:

5 Likes

I had a lot of fun playing this and trying to see what endings there were. I’m a fan of the difficulty which feels pretty fair

2 Likes

Hey I saw this was updated 9 days ago, what changed?

1 Like

It was just a small patch to fix a bug where buying arrows would subtract more gold than it should have.

2 Likes

Very fun adventure. The events were all pretty varied, and the bosses were difficult but achievable. I had put all of my points into mana, which may have made it easier than what other builds might have dealt with, given the amount of enemy spawns there were. 5 stars, may play it a few more times.

2 Likes

Update 1.3

Changelog

• Find powerful ability-enhancing accessories (only one can be equipped at a time).
  • New encounters:
    • a blacksmith that will upgrade a weapon in exchange for a certain item.
    • a shadowy figure who will give you a powerful accessory in exchange for a permanent reduction of your max health.
    • a scientist studying the tower who wants you to be her test subject.
    • encounter a bunch of new fellow adventurers, whose dialog varies depending on your weight.
  • Three new enemy types (Imps, Feeder fairies, Thorny flowers).
  • Changes to the layout of the tower
    • There’s now an extra 20 encounters before the final boss, making the game slightly longer.
    • The way encounters are picked is now slightly less random to make difficulty more consistent between runs.
  • Improved the layout of the inventory screen.
  • After beating the game you have the option to continue in ‘endless mode’
    • lets you keep playing in order to see all the weight stages and to see how far you can go.
  • A whole heap of tweaks and balance changes.

As always, let me know what you think!

30 Likes

so… no more weight stages?

Uhh…I don’t think he’s into enormous girls, honestly

Not enormous… but at least completely immobile, 'cause there just barely mobile weight stage but not an immobile one, that’s what i’m talking about

Nice update, the accessories and new enemies make a fine addition, especially the imp and fairy duo. The only lacking thing imo is the visual representation of Queen of gluttony as she has only 3 weight stages and they look vastly inferior in size compared to the player’s.

Great work so far! The roguelike elements are really well done. Looking forward to continued progress :+1:

1 Like

There’s a bug where if you upgrade your bow, the bow can no longer be used in battle. It can still be looked at in the inventory, but it’s basically gone.

Hello! Thank you for the update! :stars: My opinion is that the game is complete. Maybe you have any plans for a new game? :eyes: (If that’s what you want, sure)

Damn, everyone really wants new games recently huh?

3 Likes

I thought it would be funny

4 Likes