The Tower of Gluttony [v1.3] - Text-based WG Roguelike

I won against the final boss, but then it looped and I had to fight her again? Is that supposed to happen?

its my dnd brain talking I think. Grapples are essentially an attack roll that doesn’t deal damage (and usually grappling is a requirement for homebrew vore stuff), so I assumed it functioned similarly. And fwiw it didn’t seem to not function similarly. I was paying attention to my stats and the outcomes of my rolls, not the text on screen that said “hey this is how it works” And to be fair I think if these two things do not line up you might have some tweaking to do w/ your math! I had two solid runs where I put 0 points into agility and I didn’t even notice the difference on the outcome of my eating rolls.

if you take a moment to read it says: roll 19 (for example) to consume (based on agility) or something like that, roll 5 to land an attack (based on accuracy) charm to get cheaper things on the stores

Were you playing on the most recent patch (v1.1.1)? Because that’s a known issue with the 1.1.0 version.

I gotta say this game is one of the best html games around this forum. It haves everything, a lil bit of rng (god i love dnd), it’s really challenging when you’re playing it without going back and trying it again, really good bosses and now that we can see how the mc’s weight goes up is a nice thing.

4 Likes

And hopefully see more weight stages of they MC maybe some blob that hit all The tower Halls, an immobile blob being pushed by someone else… OMG hope The developer adds a Lot of content cause this Game has a Lot of potential

1 Like

Really liked this one :slight_smile:

If there was one thing I’d really like to see in potential future updates, is more consequences for weight gain (such as getting stuck in doorways, breaking furniture in a rest area, a bad ending for getting too fat on your own etc.).

More ways to gain weight/existing ways to gain weight being more extreme would also be nice, the highest weight I ever reached by the end of the game was 500 pounds (and this was me actively trying to get as large as possible).

12 Likes

So first of all, let me just say: This game is great. Like… it’s actually fun as a game, as opposed to solely being fetish fodder. Though of course, I do appreciate all the artwork. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d also love to see pictures for the other events, like the fairy, the arrow seller, and the goblin merchants, but I’m sure you already had that in mind for future updates–assuming you still want to work on the game, that is. Honestly, I’m pleasantly surprised at how bug-free the game is, so I wouldn’t blame you if you decided to just call it a day.

Although… I actually did find ONE bug–albeit a beneficial one. If you check your inventory or appearance after an encounter, the game will do the post-encounter loot roll again (usually for a chance at an arrow, but it can be for coins if you just finished a combat encounter). You can keep checking your inventory or appearance over and over again to just keep getting more and more loot.

3 Likes

I just need more weight stages… I am happy with that, of course all You mention is good tbh, but more weight stages, like a total immobile one, a blob one, sweeting, panting, getting full stuck like the girl that give us The dragon drumstick, or stages between every flor when become too heavy to wall where it says You stop in The middle of the floor to catch your breath…

just beat the game on my 2nd go around. as a huuuge enjoyer of fat text/twine games, this is easily one of my favourites right off the bat. im never a fan of ai art but even i was a bit impressed with how it looked at times (mainly for the player character) and i adore the stylisation of having the dice actually roll, even if its kind of squandered by the bottom text that immediately tells you if you lost/gained health or not

ill admit i played with backtracking on since i was initially worried about the rng in the game so i cant speak on how difficult the game actually is. i got the dragon sword relatively early in my 2nd run and was already dumping all of my points into accuracy (so my win was pretty much guaranteed even if i didnt know it at the time lol) but i still found the game super fun! if you ever add anything more i’d be super excited to see it

some other things i noticed:

1. i found out about the same thing someoneoutthere is talking about while playing (checking inventory/appearance during post-encounters to see if i could cheat my way into getting more arrows/gold) and absolutely exploited it. i think i ended the game with like 20 or so arrows because of it which im not complaining about lol but i assume its unintentional
  2. during the scenario where an adventurer wanted to trade/sell with me (i dont remember which one it was but im pretty sure it was trading), the game popped up with an error and i couldn’t actually lend them anything. other than possibly above, this was the only bug i actually came across which is pretty impressive
  3. maybe im in the minority but i personally kind of like that theres no hard game over for getting too fat (at least from what i’ve read here), the games too short to really get that big in anyway, i was actively trying to and only got to 489lbs after beating the final boss. i think if theres not gonna be a cap on it though that there should be some more scenarios to gain weight in and maybe some extreme wg too
  4. but speaking of for a weight gain game i feel like there should be more text describing the player characters weight ingame other than the inspect self option, especially as you get bigger. i know there’s already some for when you’re moving through floors but i feel like there could be more
  5. i think my biggest ‘issue’ is compared to what agility and accuracy can do, especially when stacked in higher numbers, charisma feels like a complete waste. i never felt compelled to spend a point in it when i could stack accuracy over and over to get pretty much guaranteed damage, or when i could stack agility and follow the gamer advice of just dont get hit

sorry for the long ass post i just really like the game lol. for your first game posted here this is absolutely insane. also thank you for adding burping i am not expecting slob content or anything but i do appreciate it… <3

9 Likes

You’re definitely not alone there, I love there’s no ‘too fat’ game over.

3 Likes

I really hope the developer will at least keep some of these exploits in the game, otherwise it would become too boring

more encounter based bad ends could be fun.

Loving this project. hope it continues to grow (pun intended)

Only things I’ve come across is the button placements can sometimes be a little awkward.

Do wish there was an option for male protag (but that is just personal preference)

overall love the game keep it up

3 Likes

Luck is so cruel to me. Tried again though without any back buttons, defeated the final boss the harder way, though. Wonder who else did this haha

So I already beat the game before the image update, and I wanna try my second run on the updated version, but I can’t remember the dev command, (I know that you have to press a key in the first room but I can’t remember the key) does anyone know the command?

You just need to press the letter “Z”

Update 1.2

My main focus with this update was to make the combat more interesting, as well as making charisma more useful. There have also been some behind the scenes code changes. Existing save files probably won’t be compatible. Let me know what you think!

Changelog

• Revamped combat
    • Gain “AP” when you miss an attack, get hit, or guard
    • Can then spend AP to perform special actions during combat
    • Status effects can now be applied to enemies
    • Elemental shards can be attached to arrows to inflict debuffs
    • New core skill: Mana - allows you to cast spells using AP
  • There are now 9 variations of goblin, with three personality types
    • Can use charisma to talk your way out of combat
    • Get a bonus to your charisma roll if you choose the correct dialog choice
  • New images for some existing encounters
  • Discounts received from charisma now explicitly shown
  • Outcome of dice rolls no longer spoiled by text that shows your HP has changed
  • Fixed being able to farm gold and arrows by entering and exiting the inventory repeatedly
14 Likes

so no more wg stages for the moment?

hey, quick question, what’s the point of the mysterious key? i’ve been getting it time and time again during my playthroughs but never found a reason to use it?