The Weight Gain Dating Sim!

Ah to do that, make sure during the Emily route where she’s taste testing the soda’s make sure you pick Yeah! That’ll show her! when she brings up her coworker Diana.

Big update coming at the end of this month! The player and the character Himiko wind up in a strange land that bears a striking resemblance to medieval Japan! And as soon as they arrive, she’s mistaken for the missing princess! The player will have to rescue her and find a way to get home, before she grows too accustomed to her new lifestyle!

This is the most ambitious storytelling I’ve done yet for the game, with more than a dozen characters existing solely for this one story! And yes, there will be plenty of weight gain content involved!

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused on how the many branches story elements (including the new storyline you are mentioning) are supposed to fit in with some of the other advertised “dating sim” elements.

Your game has always, to my understanding, orperated more like @CoastalBunny’s D.I.E.T with mostly contained story branches that eventually have an end or multiple ends within each branch. But there basically self contained stories within the same world.

But the dating sim repeatable elements (being a bit of a different element to the cyoa romance style branches) seem like they kind of clash design wise. And I’m not sure how a normal play through of the game is intended to function with them mixed. Like will I be going to work and on dates and building up relationships and stats but also there are choices that lead into a bunch of the branched story paths that also have hard game overs and ends? Or are they kind of all meant to be separate elements in the same game? I guess I’ve always had an issue understanding how the more complete version of the “final” game is meant to be structured and function with normal gameplay.

1 Like

When finished, the game will have self contained stories with an ending, but an overall “dating sim” kind of hub. Some of the storylines will return to the hub after they have finished, but some will just be self-contained.

My ultimate goal is to have each character’s story split into a kind of “pre-dating” hub and a “post-dating” hub, where at first, the game functions similarly to a regular dating sim, though with a much heavier emphasis on storytelling. Once the player is dating a character, things will shift somewhat, where the nature of the dates are potentially much more weight gain focused. Additionally, each character will have a “true” or “canon” path, where the player confesses their weight gain fetish and their girlfriend indulges them.

I will admit, calling it a “dating sim” is maybe a strong term to use, as I ran into major difficulties early on with that, and decided to have the game be more story focused. I am hoping to return the game to more dating sim style elements, that will in a sense, “unlock” various storylines depending on the player’s actions.

2 Likes

keep up the great work

2 Likes

Hey all, next week we’ll be releasing the next update to TWGDS! This should be one of, if not the biggest storyline of the game yet. Damarcus has been hard at work drawing up art for a large cast of new characters, and you can bet that they’ll be going through some weight gain and transformation shenanigans of their own! As a sneak peak, here’s a group shot of the girls while they’re still relatively slim.

It’ll be released on Patreon during the first week of May. Hope y’all enjoy the update!

6 Likes

Update 0.48 is here! This is the largest content update for the game yet, with a ton of new art and writing! There’ll be more content for this storyline in the future. If you’re interested go check it out on Patreon

1 Like

How do I get the blob ending with emily?

I think I may have gone into a softlock, I can only talk to emily in the living room and spend time with her

same here for me
I don’t know if I encountered a bug or just missing something?

That’s something I’m hoping to fix soon, I recently changed the format of the game and haven’t managed to successfully migrate the old stories to the new format yet.

There should be a way to visit them in the kitchen though!

I believe that one is one of the endings for the “food van” storyline, which is one of the storylines currently in the process of getting moved.

That’s what I thought too but none of them lead to the image where emily is surrounded by black bottles of something

1 Like

Oh that one!

That storyline hasn’t made it into the game(yet), but I put that bit of art in as a bonus anyway.

will this storyline be in the next update?
I’d love to see how emily ends up like this

Not this update as it will be quite small due to unforseen circumstances. But the next update I’ll try and include it in. Blobs can be a little divisive, so I try not to put them in too much.

1 Like

So I’ve finally decided to ask for volunteer help on the game! If you would like to support the project, but lack the financial means, this can be a great way to do so! I know some of you have offered in the past, but the timing just wasn’t right.

If you want to do a bit of work on the game and have some skills in programming, writing or art, let me know what area(s) you’d be interested in helping out with.

There is a bit of an application process, you can either do something in your area to show that you have the skills needed, or I can assign you a task to get done as a “test” if you prefer that method.

Applicants for art will need to show that they can either draw backgrounds, or the characters of the game in the game’s style.

Applicants for writing will need to be able to write in a more movie script-esque format, rather than a novel style format. Applicants will need to get the tone and “voice” of characters right.

Applicants for coding basically just need to know how to code better than me, so if you are any sort of programmer, you’re probably already there. RenPy uses its own pseudocode which is easy enough to learn, but it also has Python support, so being fluent in Python is a massive plus.

If you want to help out, send me a DM letting me know what part of the game you’d like to try and help out with, and either show me your skills in that area, or ask for a task to complete. (This is mainly for writing and art.)

If you lack confidence in your skills, or don’t have any of these skills, but still want to help out, let me know and we can try to find some other part of the game to help out with (time management, research, social media management, things like that).

Looking forward to working with you! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The game is still being worked on and improved!

Right now, the game is in a bit of a transitional state, moving from older versions of the game’s structure to new ones, which prove to be much more engaging. Currently preparing for the 0.5 release, which means all the groundwork should be laid down and the game will experience much more rapid progress over the next several months.

The game has now moved most of the more fantastical scenarios into a separate “shop” section, so the player can access them more easily. By the end of the month the central hub system should be properly updated, with a proper attributes screen and more easily accessible game map, as well as more dates with the characters in the game. By the end of the month we should have 3 of the 6 planned characters with plenty of content, with the other remaining three just starting to get unique content and date scenarios.

This is in addition to new weight gain scenarios that come out every month, so even if you aren’t interested in the “dating sim” aspect, you might still enjoy the weight gain stories, which are now accessible entirely without needing to interact with the “dating” part of the game.

Please support the project if you’re interested, it has only gotten so far thanks to wonderful support from people and can only continue with future support: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=15994096

3 Likes