The Weight Romance - A WG Visual Novel made with Ren'Py

If you’re taking fetish aspect suggestions, would you consider adding a squashing/crushing scene to the game?

(I un-deleted this post BTW @eisenwg . Not sure why I deleted it in the first place)

Some Personal fetish suggestions:

• Before and after
  • Trying on old clothes
  • Being degraded/teased/fatshamed/humiliated by strangers, friends, and loved ones
2 Likes

Consider these done :smiley:

1 Like

I leave this concept I made in gimp in like 3 minutes. Should be the semi-definitive cast for now (sprites could still change slightly).

12 Likes

If you’re still taking suggestions, might I request force feeding/stuffing?

1 Like

That is always an excellent plot point in literally every game that has it! Your project has caught my interest from day 1 but hearing there will be this dynamic makes it even more hype!

Also it’s probably way too late for it to be a suggestion, but I need to know, will there be a character whose gains will be mostly concentrated on the butt?

1 Like

Hey thank you @Joe_Smith and @Jimjones200 for your suggestions. Of course there would be force feeding and I would love to insert some butt gain. Anyway, I hate to bring here the “bad” news. Unfortunately the thing is that I need more time to work on the project since I was far too optimistic. The main problems are with the sprites and mostly the cg (for those unfamiliar with the term, those are “full out drawn scenes”) and you know I chose to use Ai and that is not really working for the best. I’m not putting an end to the development but I really want to release something polished and clean following the line of a classic romance visual novel but with weight gain elements. I won’t release some poor-quality sprites/scenes just for the sake of it, working on it alone is pretty heavy and I think everyone developing a game here knows it, even more so that I am working on this with basically no funds. Not gonna lie, life gets in the way too and I have other things to work on that I should prioritize at the moment. I don’t think there are many wg visual novels out there that can “compete” with normal ones and that would be what I am aiming for in terms of contents, pace and feeling but again I am neither a professional developer nor really an expert in any of the tools I’m using for this. I will take more time to figure everything out but I will continue to work on the game because I had this concept on my mind for a while and I really care about it. I will also refund the patrons and close the tier for now. So this is not really a hiatus, more like a delay :sweat_smile:

I am taking a short break now for sure but I will update you when the game is in a more advanced stage and there’s more I can show.

12 Likes

I think that’s a great choice. Like that one Nintendo guy said, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” Or something like that. Anyway, good luck with everything.

4 Likes

Take all the time you need elsenwg, I’ll reserve a 12 layered cake for each of the girls when you return ;), quality over quantity is ideal, especially if you want to try butt gain.

I’m sure some devs on this forum can help you with art limitations

1 Like

I don’t think this is the kind of art you need but I can do decent pixel art if needed

Howdy! Got to say, I’m very interested in this project. Like the direction, you’re going for it.

I know you’re doing most of the images with Ai, which I have no problems with. But if you feel like having an artist do the art, I can volunteer. Sure, my art style may not match what’s currently offered, but I’m more then willing to contribute to the project if needed.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the project goes well for you.

1 Like

Exited to see how this game turns out!!!

2 Likes

When can I start playing?
Can I add an Android version?

Hey, I am the author of the thread. I am really sorry but I haven’t been able to continue the project because of life stuff but I want to continue ‘The weight romance’ as soon as I can (it could take still a long time and consider the project paused).

Anyway I just completed a short visual novel (20-30 minutes).

You can download free here: Fattening Roomates: Wish Principle by eisenwg (itch.io)

I will try to update this thread as soon as I return to work on the game.

6 Likes

I would recommend adding this to the first post and maybe update the title to reflect development is on hiatus. If you want the thread to be locked in the mean time so that no posts can be made until you are back developing the game, unlocked let me know.

Done.

You can leave the thread open if it’s not a problem.

1 Like

Hey just a small update. I’m not really back to work on the game but I looked again at old sprites after quite some months… and I remade some of them (still conceptual). The bad thing is that I also had to redo all the weight stages… Weight gaming development is really the toughest one ahah

I posted an image showing them off on the itch page (link is the same as in the first post)

I’d really appreciate if you go look at the new characters and give me some feedback about the sprites quality, if it is acceptable or not :wink: Overall, for the weight gain visual aspect you can expect something similar to my other game (Fattening Roommates). I also updated a new synopsis.

I will try to start again the writing next weekend but I guarantee nothing since I have so many other things to do :face_exhaling:

6 Likes

So wait, where can I see the new characters to give feedback?

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have finally completed the prologue that should be the “first day” of the story. It can be downloaded from itch or my patreon (all links are in the first post of the thread).

I tried to give it a more cinematography look but I’m very conscious it’s just a small and crappy demo with maybe some potential. There are probably tons of grammar error but I’d very much appreciate all your feedbacks!

I will update the game build if there are some game breaking bugs or else I will wait to release a longer version.

If you played it I’d like to know your favourite girl with the poll below so I can know if with some of them I hit the right spots or not! Of course there’s not really “weight gain” in the prologue because it will be quite “realistic”. Basically they will take a few weeks/a full month to go from one weight stage to the other. Planned stages are like four or five for each girl but as you can see they’re limited at sprites and no CGs. I will do my best!

• Yuna
  • Rize
  • Ellen
  • Mashiro
  • Miss. Taylor (Veronica)
0 voters

I took some time to imagine an hopefully cool sci-fi and supernatural background for the story but the main focus will obviously be the romance and weight gain aspects.

Thank you if you tried it out! I had a lot of fun writing it as always though it took me 3-4 days this time. Assets are not a real problem but time is and my skill to actually put together some decent dialogues.

It could take a long time to further develop the game but I’ll try :wink:

5 Likes

Bug in the prologue: when I hit space, the text doesn’t advance. I have to wait a full second or two for the next line. Lost interest because of this.