The Weighting Game - WIP

Wait for a week - work or sleep :slight_smile: @Papasoda

6 Likes

I have a walkthrough/FAQ in the first post as well if you need it. But as long as you don’t have a game over screen then @h12222 is correct.

5 Likes

As @h12222 says, definitely not the end. The game only finishes at that point if you get a game over screen (I’m probably going to remove this from the finished version).

You’ll know when you’ve hit the end of the game. You’ll get a ‘to be continued’ screen.

If anyone is struggling and hasn’t read @Krodmandoon 's excellent FAQ/Walkthrough, I can thoroughly recommend it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can someone help me with this thing please?
It occurs when i try to save.

While running game code:
File “renpy/common/00action_file.rpy”, line 382, in call
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘HIGHEST_PROTOCOL’

1 Like

In almost four years and several tens of thousands of downloads, that’s the first time I’ve heard of this error.

A few questions:-

Which platform are you running the game under - Windows/Ios or mobile.

Are you definitely running the latest version - v0.7 (downloaded either from this site or from Patreon). And did you by any chance start with a savegame from an earlier version?

Have you managed to save the game at any point previously to this?

How far into the game are you when this happens?

Are you playing from the compressed zip file (this can give unknown errors) or have you extracted the game? If it’s extracted, have you tried redownloading the file - it’s unlikely, but possible that your download has corrupted.

Have you used any online game editors or save editors (these can completely break the game if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing).

4 Likes

If you are trying to use Joiplay you need to update/downgrade the plugin it to match the version of RenPy (7.3.5) used when the game was built. See this post for example and search for the correct download.

2 Likes

Ive done a bit of googling since replying and i suspect it is an android/joiplay issue.

1 Like

I’m playing on Android, so yea, it was Joiplay problem. Thank you so much guys.
Sorry for replying late.

3 Likes

You’re much too hard on yourself, Tigger. The Weighting Game is in a class of its own within the WG kink community.

That being said, if you’re interested in non-WG Adult Ren’py games as well, definitely check out https://www.patreon.com/Zanith/posts, https://www.patreon.com/lovejoint/posts, https://www.patreon.com/Stawer/posts, https://www.patreon.com/jestur, and https://www.patreon.com/onceinalifetime in no particular order.

6 Likes

I like being hard on myself… masochism is funnnnn :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Another three day weekend here in the UK, which means, yep, more game work!

Currently working on a new scene. Cola and mentos bloat, anyone? :wink:

I also did a bit of brainstorming earlier, and one of the ideas I came up with was a pregnancy story for one of the characters (In addition to Janet, who most of you will already know gets pregnant during the current story). Good idea? Or not? Poll time!

• Yes, more pregnancy please
  • No thanks
  • I don’t mind either way

0 voters

12 Likes

I think Hannah would be the funniest one to get pregnant

2 Likes

For me personally, I’d really hope that if pregnancy was introduced for an existing character then it would be optional (i.e. a different route). I know logistically thats probably impossible as it’s so much more work, but for me a character who is currently focused on weight gain becoming pregnant would just kill my interest in that character.

I think Janet is a great way to have a pregnancy character because that’s her thing, so for people like me who aren’t into pregnancy I just don’t engage, but a character becoming pregnant later would be a bit dissapointing for me. Like if a character had slob introduced after a few hours of playing while previously just being weight gain I’d feel the same way.

Obviously it’s ultimately your game and I’ll buy it and enjoy it no matter what because you do awesome work, just felt like sharing my (and maybe others?) opinion on this! Keep up your awesome work!

13 Likes

ya 100% same thought

2 Likes

Hmmm loving the coke and mentos bloat idea!! :heart_eyes:
Loving the three day weekend aswell :joy:
I really can’t wait to see and try out all the great stuff you come up with!!!

5 Likes

Yes, could spice things up and create more interesting plot points and interactions :relieved:

2 Likes

I don’t see the point in pregnancy for already existing characters. It would make sense if someone new showed up.

6 Likes

I’d say that having a character that’s explicitly dedicated to pregnancy content would do best to allow players to pick whether they want it or not, but that would involve even more work than integrating it into the route of a main character. Thing is, picking an existing character could alienate people who were looking forward to where that character would progress.

It’d be hard to implement especially at this point in devving I think but if it’s something you want done then I’d say make it someone who isn’t overtly involved with the MC’s interactions so people can choose how much they want to dabble in it I think

3 Likes

I think if it’s not one of the main 3 girls, anything goes. Having a minor character become also pregnant isn’t a huge deal either way?

4 Likes

@moon_shaped_pool if Hannah got pregnant, I think I’d have to change her name to Booberella :stuck_out_tongue:

@ everyone else, it’s only a thought at this point, rather than anything definite, hence the poll to gauge reaction on the idea. Seems pretty evenly split on yes and no votes at the moment. As many of you know I only rough out story ideas until I come to actually work on them (much more fun to flesh things out when I’m actually working on the part in question), so while I do have a rough concept, I haven’t yet decided which character, if any, it’ll be.

No plans at this point to add any more new characters, other than the one I’ve already added to 0.8, but you never know. After all, when I started out the cast was going to be simply Alice and the MC with very infrequent appearances from Janet and Hannah!

5 Likes