The Weighting Game - WIP

I think it shows. It’s pretty subtle, but that’s the effect I’m going for to begin with. Might increase it a fraction though :wink:

7 Likes

Looks amazing mate. The only thing I’d suggest is it possible to change the textures very slightly rather than just making her overall size bigger? Side-by-side she looks a lot bigger dimensions-wise but she doesn’t look fatter, if that makes sense?

Like I’d try some extra shading on belly buttons, boobs, hips, neck, any creases etc. to make her look like she’s getting softer rather than just bigger. I’m not sure how much flexibility you have with the textures but since you did such a good job on the face, I think that’s something that would look amazing if you had the time.

FYI I think that’s plenty of weight gain in one stage. Definitely noticeable.

1 Like

Yep. looking into the textures is definitely on my to do list. Although for this first level of weight gain, any shading changes will be pretty minimal. But yeah, I get what you’re saying about her not really looking any softer.

I’m not sure how much I can change on the default textures. But I am planning on looking into it. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ahhh can’t wait to see this full game~ Super excited ^^

Thanks! But we’re a long long way off the full game, I’m afraid.

I’ll keep going though!

1 Like

Wow think she looks even better in the dress… weirdly. Can’t wait to see more, in uh both senses.

1 Like

Damn dude, you work fast! Love this first gain, really natural and reasonable for a first size increase in my opinion. Also that new subplot girl, I’m a big fan, hope we eventually get to see her grow down the line.

Can’t wait for the next demo whenever that may be, looking forward to seeing the dialogue you write to go with this gain!

1 Like

Yeah, I like how she looks in the dress too… Possibly because it hides the fact that she’s not looking any softer, just bigger. I definitely need to look into adjusting the textures to make her look flabbier before I start any real work on weight gain images!

1 Like

I actually feel progress has been pretty slow the past few days. I’ve spent a lot of time on how Alice looks at food. Excluding the initial scene setting stuff, at any other given point there are now a whole load of variables governing how hungry she is at that point.

For example, if she’s already eaten a lot today, she won’t be very hungry if you buy her more food. Unless, of course… you’ve managed to increase her greed level, or you’ve endeared yourself to her so much that she’ll do pretty much anything to please you. And, of course, the bigger a person gets, the more food they’re likely to consume. There’s other stuff too, but you get the general idea. I’m still fine tuning this, but if I can get it more or less right now, it’ll save a lot of time later on.

Oh… and your comment about the subplot girl growing…? Thanks! That actually never occured to me when I thought the initial concept up. She was just going to be a (hopefully) fairly interesting aside. But you’ve got me thinking! And if I can iron out a few small details, it could end up being much more of a subplot than I envisaged. And a potential further ending too. I already have a couple of endings roughed out for if/when I actually finish the game, but more branches are always good. We shall see!

1 Like

Ok… I’ll shortly be uploading a new demo. I’ll add it to the first post in the thread to avoid having to search through the entire thread to find the thing!

There’s a bit more stuff in there now, but it’s still very much pre-alpha. Loads of placeholders and WIP images etc. Still no weight gain in there, but I’m fairly happy with the interaction of all the background variables (greed, hunger etc.) to define how she eats. This should pay off in the future as any time Alice eats anything, the game calls a separate subroutine which does a whole load of checks (currently around 20 and I;m sure there will be more!) to decide what (if anything) she eats.

As always, thoughts and comments are welcome, whether positive or negative :slight_smile: I’m fairly sure there aren’t any major bugs in there, but if you find any, let me know!

5 Likes

Just finished the new demo and think I’ve done most of it, may have missed the odd thing. Really enjoyed all the new interactions, especially all the little teases Alice gives to getting fat and how she looks when she’s fat.

The number of outfits she has is great too! Really helps show off her body when she is always in different outfits and some scenes like the new pub one really give us some nice angles to see how she looks.

Don’t know if it’s just me but I’d check out the park, seems to be a bug there as Alice can’t appear there in her joggin outfit and you get the error " File “game/park.rpy”, line 19 in NameError: name ‘aliceatpark’ is not defined".

Besides that though I’m loving where you’re taking this and can’t wait for her to start gaining in game!

1 Like

Not finished with the new demo yet, but I did get an error whilst playing. I’m not remotely code savvy so not sure if this is just on my end/fault but thought I’d link it in case. Happened after cinema, waited till next day then went to park.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ll look into those! Looks like you might both have hit the same glitch.

I’m still getting to grips with Ren’py, so it’s inevitable there will be bugs. Especially as not everyone plays though the game the same way.

edit Your detailed error reports made it very easy to trace what was wrong. Pretty sure I’ve fixed it. I’ll have a quick playthrough from scratch and if it works (99% confident it will), I’ll put a new version of the demo up.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem, I found the girl who isn’t implemented yet. Not sure if I’m missing anything, any sly little secrets left to find?

1 Like

Haha, if I told you then they wouldn’t be secrets :stuck_out_tongue:

The mystery girl is just a teaser for now. All she does is appear.

At this point, there’s not a lot of secret stuff in there, so you’ve probably found everything. Most of the work is going into getting the base game up and running fully, and refining/rerendering the existing stuff. Once that’s done, I’ll hopefully be able to start adding a lot more randomness and finally get around to Alice getting bigger!

1 Like

Re; first weight level, I would suggest making it slightly smaller if it’s supposed to be modest, but have the extra weight focus on areas that tend to gain weight more rapidly; people tend not to gain evenly, it varies with size and also on how quickly it’s gained. You might start with a bit of a pot belly if you’re binging, but those tend to uh… ‘even’ themselves out over time.

5 Likes

I did consider making it smaller to start with, but it would be barely visible, especially when she’s clothed (which is going to be most of the time at the start of the game). And I think that a lot of players would get bored if they don’t see a definite size increase fairly early on.

Also, as you’ve probably read, I’m doing the vast majoirty of scenes as single renders rather than the more normal background plus overlaid characters, which allows for a lot more detail, better camera angles, different poses etc. This takes a lot of time, which is fine, but also increases the size of the images and therefore the size of the game. The more sizes I render, the bigger the game gets and I’m already concerned that the game is going to be a huge (for this type of game, at least) download.

That said, nothing is set in stone yet. The test renders I’ve posted really are just tests, and I won’t be making any definite decisions on how incrementally she grows just yet.

why I cant play the update?
the file tells me that it has expired or has been canceled by the creator

The file is definitely still there. i’ve just checked. And I know it works because I can download and run it.

Maybe restart your browser and clear your cache?

Oh, and almost 150 downloads? Thanks!!

Still working away… not had a great deal of spare time this week, but I have managed to get some more writing done… and do some work on improving the original backgrounds :slight_smile:

9 Likes