The Weighting Game - WIP

actually i just thought of another, any chance of getting some way to view the characters in all their weight stages/clothes they have without needing to go to certain parts of the story?

2 Likes

Definitely interested and excited! Count me in!

1 Like

Good day, Tiggertoo,

First of all i would like to say that your work is amazing and if any previous events made you think that it is not appreciated or that your effort is not valubale - you just know, what you did with this game is truly exceptional. Nothing else could be compared by far, this is high quality and truly professional, entertaining as well as desirable product. Taking into account that this is made by one person - you - it is outstanding achievement, and quite a big one! I trully can not encourage you more to believe in yourself, your skills and ideas. You should be proud. I hope you could find in yourself actual inspiration, confidence required for finishing this amazing project. As you very well know - the trials, errors and difficulties in life makes us learn and become even better, so this is what i would sincerely wish to you.

As for some suggestions from personal point of view:
First of all my proposal for the top priority is to actually finish the game progress with Alice. If i may add from personal standpoint - it would be nice that Alice goes to stage 10-11 while the stage is last and all other post game scenes would be with the last stage renders, unlike it was in the lattest version. This would reward player with achieving the main goal i believe everyone (at least most of us) for coming and playing the game. Including that your dedication and thoroughness fulfills only the best results - this would be especially welcomed.

Secondly, of course all the other details involving other (as i suppose for future at least one more) characters fills the atmosphere, makes game more realistic, believable and enjoyable - this i would suggest second priority. My point is that you shouldn’t overwork yourself with making much additional content requiring additional coding, but building upon what you already have first. Notably this would also require more rendering, while it is already a lot of rendering required to finish the main progress (have i mentioned that your renders are really top notch? no? well there you have it).

Third - all the small random events with Alice, personally, are more interesting than with other characters alone. There could be more of these of various scenarios as she and her greed grows.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the energy - at latter stages there is not enough energy to finish the day, sometimes even at 18:00 you must go to sleep. It would be good to increase the energy more, or there is just some detail that you can do it and i have missed?

Small notice: Alices breasts in some scenes look quite inclined inwards, and stretched, is there possibility to make them more pronounced and rounder? At least in latter stages for not having to rerender all existing shots.

Also at one part the sister have mentioned weight gain medicine - can this also be implemented as one time decision to use or not, affecting some future statistics? Also more force feeding scenes in future scenes? Other suggestion would be as if her greed grows after asking if she would like more food she could suit herself not only with bisquit but whole another meal.

Other small details include that some steps could be shortened and avoided to remove unecessary clicks (which game does have a lot). For example you give alice a call - the most annoying and useless one, requires additional press. You changed your mind message if you decide to say nothing - also not quite sure why is it there. Back button in the lets do something list etc.

All in all as for the current situation for the game - completion of main story would sound better considering all factors (getting funding, enjoying the work yourself, pleasing the audience). I would agree that better practice is to make game in small steps while getting funding, to gain even more followers, but personally i would prefer the end result even with longer waiting time, for which you could build additions and improvements later. This is, of course, up to you, considering your financial situation and requirements for the funds.

I hope that my suggestions won’t sound biased and rude, they are just suggestions to consider and may help you extract some of that potential even more.

Hope to see some progress as fast as you are willing and able to make it.

Good luck and have a nice day!

1 Like

Excited to hear you coming back to the game Tigger. I will definitely be tipping you any time I can when you get your new thing set up. I hope this time around ends up being a much less stressful process for you, and I’m excited to see the way all these threads play out with (possibly) choosing another girl to feed alongside Alice with some wholesome photo finish ending.

1 Like

I would like to make a few suggestions for improvements to the current content of the game.

First of all, I think that most of the new activities that were added in the last versions should increase the hidden stats of Alice (feedee, greed, fatconfidence and romance). At the beginning of the game these activities are not very efficient to make Alice happy and greedy. Improve a bit the impact of these on Alice’s attitude in the second part of the game when she assumes herself as a feedee: without making her unhappy as it is possible at the beginning it would be nice to put more variations (whether she is more or less willing, like the scenes depending on “feedee” and “greed”).
Improve a bit the fitness role of the MC, for example that he is able to beat Alice in the race without having to wait for her to gain a lot of weight (which would make the still thin Alice’s defeat images more accessible).
Better money management during activities, currently it is not possible to predict exactly how much money one will spend because it depends on the variations of the scene and Alice’s state. Because of this, you can be overdrawn after a scene when you have little money. Some solutions that are not necessarily very optimal would be to suggest to the MC to buy or not to buy the food with the indicated amount each time, or to indicate the maximum amount that can be spent during the scene (and block the scene if the MC doesn’t have enough money).

As for new content, it would be nice to be able to call other characters to chat or invite them for some activities. Add a graph showing the evolution of Alice’s weight over time that would be updated after each weighing (a bit like the Forks beta).

2 Likes

I would love that function 2

As there was one late night stufding session with alice that didn’t happen again

This exists naturally within the engine already.

If you go to the cafe to get a coffee in the afternoon, if gives you +1 energy for the cost of $5 and -1 hour of time. I usually do this to maximize the time I can spend at work (Because $9 - $5 an hour is still a net gain), while still having energy left to cook for Alice at home. Edit: Note that having coffee will not let you go over your maximum energy of 10

3 Likes

As far as suggestions go, personally I would probably like you to expand on what you were already doing within a few scenes. I assume something might of already been thought of, or planned out for the future. But the scenes where Alice gets to big for certain things such as, the swing, dinner out at the restaurant with needing a different chair, or ripping her dress. I would like to see more of that kind of thing. I figured the eventual plan might of been things like Alice needs two chairs at a point, or within Sarah’s ice cream shop (or the pizza parlor) she gets stuck in the booth. That might happen either as she is too big for them or gets too stuffed to move out without being stuck. Heck given the situation based on how Sarah is she(or the MC) might take advantage of Alice’s stuck situation for teasing or even more stuffing. Alice getting too big for certain clothing items and them ripping, tearing, etc. Something like maybe Alice bursts her bikini top or bottoms one time at the beach, popping a button off her work clothes(or some type of wardrobe malfunction) after lunch with MC, or even problems with trying on clothes/lingerie at the shops.

The other type of scene you’ve done before but I would like to see more of, or further progress is the midnight snack scenes with Alice. She already has stated to the MC that she has done it before at her house and I would definitely like to see more of that kind of thing at the MC’s house. Although with the addition of Alice’s place being an option for the MC to go over to now. It would be great to see scenes that could happen at her place where she gets up in the middle of the night to snack. Would not mind lacy being involved in that as well maybe something like the MC hears sounds and giggling and goes to check it out :wink:.

TLDR: More stuff with Alice where she has clothing malfunctions or issues with getting stuck/needing to adjust to her increased size. And more midnight snack scenes at Alice and/or MC’s places.

1 Like

Day 162…and Alice is only a bit chubby…please tell me how to play that game :frowning:

It is critically important that there is a back out of phone call option after you call alice. Because of how the rollback feature works in ren’py rolling out of the phone call itself is not functional, but rolling back to the start of a phone call and choosing the leave phone call option does work.

Also it’s somewhat unlikely alice will reach size 10/11 as she’s only at 7 right now. Also you suggest that alice should be able to appear at her final size in all scenes at the end of the game as a reward? but that side characters should be reduced in role to reduce renders needed?

This is just flat out wrong because allowing alice to size up and repeat activities means redo’ing ALL of alice’s renders of which there are a zillion, whereas adding new events for side characters requires relatively few renders because they’re included in so few events. So, your reasoning is sort of just flat out incorrect here. Now, if tiggertoo were taking sirmaster’s approach and just placing sprite style static renders on backgrounds? Then yes, you’d be right, but every single image alice appears in is a unique render.

So, yeah, whatever alice’s final size is, she’ll likely only appear at that final size during the grand finale scene. The only alternative to this ending is to simply reduce the number of sizes in the game by 1. The finale scene is expensive creatively for tiggertoo but inexpensive render machine afk time wise.

Also, go to the coffee shop once a day every day, buy a coffee, energy problems solved. If that’s not enough go twice. The optimal way to maximize income is to work all available work hours except taking 1 hour off to buy coffee so you have enough energy to work the other hours. Heavy physical activity might make buying coffee twice a day a solid strategy even (although working out on the MC isn’t really that important right now.)

1 Like

Alice is already too big to fit into the booth’s at the ice cream shop and I’m not sure if redo’ing old scenes to enhance this scene is worthwhile as it might be better to just add more scenes elsewhere that fit the theme. I like the theme though as well. Like maybe the burger or pizza place could have a similar event happen only without sarah there to help it’s far more embarrassing and leads to getting stuck? rather than simply leading to being unable to get in in the first place?

Also yeah, I’d love a revisit to the midnight snacking theme! That is honestly my favorite scene in the whole game. So, whatever inspired you to make it, get that again :slight_smile:

Who knows? Maybe lacey will catch alice midnight snacking? or janet? someone who it might make sense to be in the same home as alice at midnight? (Alice has already confessed when the scene occurs that it’s not the first time she’s done it.)

3 Likes

I totally agree! I was just thinking that too! More wardrobe malfunctions, more scene’s where alice is too big for stuff, and we are on the same page regarding the midnight snack scene, I was expecting it to pop up more after that one time event! It could be the same as when Alice goes to weigh yourself, you can wake up and night have the option to go check on her or go back to sleep, if you go check on her you can feed her or let her eat and go to bed anyway, something like that!

3 Likes

Hello, Namad,

Thank you very much for input. Again i do remind what i have stated few times - this is my opinion and my suggestions only - do not take it so forcefully that it does need arguments to fight against. A lot of people stated their wishes and suggestions so there i did mine.

The creator, artist, i believe, as he clearly can do properly - will take his final decisions himself and compile, purify everyones suggestions and only he will decide what would be in the actual, final game.

Can you explain a little more what did you have in mind in first paragraph about phone call? Was that some answer to one of mine phone implementation mechanic comments? I was only noting some not-so needed and forced things as such when you actually press call Alice you get notification that you do, which has to be closed. Unless it is some required action from game engine to work, it could be removed, as does it not give any real value and is only disturbing. For example when you call someone you do not have any additional interactions with your phone (let’s say we can compare the mechanics to reality) - you wait and expect them to pick up or hang, so this message is somehow random, etc.

Your second paragraph - well as i have already stated - the artist decides himself, it was only just a suggestion, welcome one of course. I have not stated to reduce other character apperances, just stated that the central figure of the game is Alice, that’s why i believe she is the most important. Again - it is personal viewpoint you may like additional characters more i like Alice herself more - i have emphasized that additional support characters does make game more realistic, believable and expands the atmosphere, i did not say we should get rid of them or make them appear even less.

And yes you are right - renders of additional characters, there are much less of them, but as i suppose Alice is the main one, that’s why we need to have most of the renders with her. May it has been misunderstanding yet i would not advocate for Tiggertoo’s leisure if we can call it that. The man, i suppose, decided that he will make the game further so it does involve making renders. Do you suggest that finishing of the game could be called adding few more scenes with new characters and that is it? Just to avoid more work? I mean the decision to finish the game already acknowledges that artist will need a lot of additional work. Just adding few more things more from my opinion would not be called finishing the game - if so it would not be required to do anything more and Tigertoo could just relax and enjoy what he have already achieved which is a lot. Yet he did state he wants to invest more and i have stated proposal on what could be expected to be done.

It is nothing wrong if you would like more characters, but doing the renders of them, as i believe will take a lot of time as well not so short of doing new renders with Alice. Again - she is the main character. If events with new characters be added - there will not be just so few of the renders, anymore. If events with new characters includes Alice - even more work. In any way i do not suggest to redo already existing renders which then actually be even more labour than it could be required, i am talking about further story, further character development and future renders.

Also i am taking in account coding all new scenes and events with those aforementioned new characters. I am not familiar with this renpy engine nor did i invest time to review the code but from what coding i am familiar with - all new events requires quite a bit of work, which was also taken into account in my previous statements. Unless in this engine it is easy enough and does not take time, which i would hardly doubt.

What i have meant was simple - building upon what you have is ussing assets (notably code and events) and doing new renders, which is the biggest achievement from the Tiggertoo, that clearly not a lot would be able to make those renders - overally they are the main aspect of the game. And those renders won’t be done as such with such quality and precision (a lot of games there is built with the engine right? Not su much with highly involving story and imagery - ok there are few good stories there, but nothing is close for the quality of the visuals - and thats my point).

Then again - only suggestions from which, together with others opinions the artist himself builds the future state of the game.

Thank you again, for your time. Have a nice day!

I do think it would be great that everyone keeps their final size after the final event, like John said, its like a reward, even is there’s no new dialogue with the scene’s. Just a little bit of post game stuff for fun? I don’t think it should be a priority but it would just be great if its there, if it can’t be, thats cool too!

1 Like

The comments about Alice not fitting into stuff reminded me of something that is in the game, I don’t know if its supposed to happen like this but who knows!

When Alice is at the stage that she can’t fit into the chair of the restaurant and gets a new chair to sit on, that event doesn’t happen right away for me, for she’ll be at that size, in that red dress and she’s just on a different chair when she sits down BEFORE the event happens that she doesn’t fit in the original chair and her dress bursts open. I’d say that event has to happen before right? Because it was just weird to me to notice her sitting on a different chair all the time, only to later get the scene that she doesn’t fit in the chair with the arm rests.

I’m pretty sure that event is based on Alice reaching the stage at which the event takes place plus a certain weight threshold(I’m not one knowledgeable with the code or variables I’m sure there are a few requirements beyond that). And since it can only have the scene happen at the restaurant and on the weekend you are able to “skip” the normal order or probably the scene happening within that weight stage. If you happen to push Alice past the weight required for the scene to trigger and either not visit the restaurant or have it not be weekend as your pushing her weight to trigger her next stage. From my experience the scene triggered normally on my first play through but I believe I had the same thing happen another time.

1 Like

Oh for me it triggerd alot later after reaching the weight stage that is required in both of my playthroughs, so I figured that it was just a bug or glitch, that its in the wrong order or something, but guess it just requirements beside the weight stage that weren’t met.

I think the game so far is amazing. I’m sure I’ll think of more things later but to mind theres only a couple of things I’d like to see more of that should be fairly simple and are probably already in the works.

Just more general reactions to the weight gain if possible people commenting about how big they are all getting. Maybe also more effects of their increased size like getting stuck more in seats or things breaking under the weight etc. I know there are a couple of instances already just would be nice to see a bit more impact from your actions if that makes sense?

1 Like

Just as a follow up to everyone asking for screenshots, Renpy does allow screenshots by default with S, and you can hide all UI with H, so you can take screenshots without anything but the render on screen and have yourself a little gallery of your own. I would also LOVE to see a phone gallery that would perhaps be unlocked at the end of the game with Alice and whatever other girls you fatten up to certain points at various weight stages in like their base outfit with the different weights noted to build on what the phone gallery currently offers. That would be cool to see from a completion aspect though screen capping as it stands now works for ease on Tig rendering MOAR IMAGES.

2 Likes