The Weighting Game - WIP

A playable version, you mean?

Absolutely no chance, if only because there currently isn’t one. The version I’m working on is a bug-riddled mess at the moment. Never mind paying me, I’d have to pay people to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow! Just spotted that the game has been dowloaded over 15,000 times on this site alone!

To celebrate, here’s a slightly NSFW version of an image that I’ll be uploading to Ko-fi later this weekend.

(Don’t worry - it’s not a spoiler. Just a random image)

26 Likes

Well looks like Alice has been busy :rofl:

2 Likes

Busy in the kitchen/cafe/burgerbar/pizza restaurant etc… :wink:

7 Likes

Congrats on reaching 15k downloads and that pic there is brilliant, no doubt Alice will be getting a whole cake as a reward for her effort

3 Likes

Have always loved Alice!

1 Like

I asked her if she’d like a cake.

She pouted, and said ‘Only one?’

6 Likes

It’s not the quantity of the cake that matters, but the size of it

1 Like

What rewards did the other girls get. Hannah, Becca, Cat, and the news anchor? They certainly need some more meals.

I could use some insight here.

I’m loving the game, but I seem to have hit the Game Over point (where Janet comes to visit). Alice’s mood, no matter what I do, has never improved past “Okay” and when I tell her the truth when she asks me if I’m trying to fatten her, she breaks up with me. None of the three options progress the story further.

Did I hit the end up point of 0.7 or am I missing something crucial?

2 Likes

Its not game over unless a screen appears saying game over. The story will continue after about a week, id suggest working and building money in that time

2 Likes

Did you gameover? If you did it’s Common issue for a lot of people. You have to refrain from teasing Alice too much in the early game as it will tank her affection for you and can lead to the game over state you got.

If you have any autosaves you can try to reload and be nicer to her but otherwise you might have to restart.

That breakup point is only roughly half the content in 0.7.

If the game didn’t end though then just go to work for a few weeks. And you’ll get back together. There are 3 outcomes and only the game over one is a true reload.

2 Likes

No, it’s a full Game Over. I get completely kicked to the title screen no matter which of the three options I pick during that conversation.

I definitely didn’t tease her too much; I tried to compliment her every chance I could, but her mood has been stuck on “Okay” for a long time now.

If I just reset before the day she invites Janet over, is there a decent way to improve her mood? Or is there a different way around the bug that kicks me to the Game Over screen?

1 Like

So, mood has nothing to do with the breakup. Alice’s mood indicates how she views herself and her body and there are things that increase and decrease it but know that how your relationship is doing is not based on that happiness meter that was added in 0.7.

I have linked a post where I have talked about this before it has some of the things that increase and decrease romance score. The overall TLDR is that romance score (a variable tracked by the game that is not visible to the player) is what determines if you get the breakup scene or the permanent game over version. You need to have higher enough score to pass the event and not get a game over. Common things that players do that lower score are teasing Alice too early before she is comfortable with it and having Alice pay for things when the player has no money.

If you check out my linked post it will show you some more common things that raise and lower the score. I would maybe recommend starting over to be sure you can pass the event but at any rate you might need to go back to an earlier save to be able to pass it without the game over. Also, welcome to the site @bertmacklinsbrother if you need any more help just ask.

EDIT: Also, the game will be over when you hit the to be continued screen. You are way early in the game so nowhere close to it. If/when you pass the breakup game over keep playing for a week when Alice breaks up with you and keep going until you hit that screen.

2 Likes

@Kromandoon

First off, thank you so much for taking the time to help out. I just downloaded this game yesterday and have been loving it. I don’t relish the thought of starting over completely, as it probably took me 3+ hours to get to the point I’m at.

I did use the Back button to get to a save state before I ask her to Come Over (which seems to trigger the Janet event), and I’m trying to improve our Romance from there if possible. I’m a little confused how things got so low that I can’t pass the Game Over screen. I almost never teased Alice and there were a few times I ran out of money in the early game, but it’s been a long while since I haven’t paid for Alice’s food.

I guess I’ll keep grinding Cinema events and hope I can climb out of this hole! I really don’t want to start over :confused:

3 Likes

So going with her choice at the movies is good, when you watch the slushie movie saying you like her better is going to be an easy way (although random for the event to trigger which will net you + score) and of course taking her out to eat each weekend. This list is not everything that increases romance score but probably the easiest and most common repeatable things. Normally you can take her out just about do this every weekend, but it depends on how rng will work out some weeks.

Having Alice pay is not an immediate game over but it’s definitely something you don’t want to happen too often, really never. As far as teasing goes Alice doesn’t start to be comfortable with it until right before or around the time of the breakup depending on how you’ve played and so it’s probably safe to not tease her until after the event. As this is the only game over event in the game currently.

1 Like

Okay, so I was able to do some grinding and dug myself out of the hole :slight_smile: Alice’s mood improved to Happy and I finally got past the break up scene and was able to continue!

Just so I’m prepared, are there any other hard Game Over stops that I should be aware of? Now, Alice is on a diet and isn’t eating as much; I don’t want to push her (and get into that same position I was in) but I also want her to keep making progress!

Thanks again for all the help!

2 Likes

You can do no wrong anymore. There is no game over after this. Play how you want. Push her tease her encouragement. All is valid from here out and leads to different dialogue and some extended scenes depending on what you do.

1 Like

Haha, I really wish we could have sticky posts in threads… if we could I’d have one at the top giving more details on this as half the recent posts in this thread seem to be about the breakup scene :wink:

I did think about putting something in the first post of the thread, but nobody seems to read that, going by the amount of PMs I’ve had about wanting to be a tester for the next version :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, as I’ve said before, I’m not happy about the current lack of warning the game gives that Alice may break up for good with you if you haven’t satisfied certain criteria. The mood indicator in the ‘call Alice’ button is very much work in progress and doesn’t give enough information. The finished version (and this will be implented - again WIP - in the upcoming test version) will have an option when you call her to ask how things are going and she’ll give more a more detailed response about what she is, or isn’t, happy about.

If Alice is dieting, this won’t cause any real problems apart from a temporary slowdown in her weightgain. There are a couple of opportunities to ask her to stop dieting - at the gym when she texts you to say she’s there, and at the players house.

2 Likes

Let’s just say they haven’t been going hungry :wink:

2 Likes