The Weighting Game - WIP

How to make alice gain weight after 250 pounds?

The same things you were doing to make her gain weight earlier. Do stuff with her and if you are using hints follow the green arrow to help progress in game. All progress will be tied to Alices weight and completing the story events pop up occasionally throughout the game (the hint system will mark it with the aforementioned green arrow if you are having issues).

1 Like

But she is losing weight…

It’s part of the story keep playing. It doesn’t happen for long, but she is on a diet. If you notice, there is not a limit on how many times she will go out to eat during this time which means you can go more than 2 to 3 if you can afford it per day (she will eventually start caving on her diet as you can tell by the dialogue and what she eats during the visits), and you can bring her over at 1700+ hours to the MC’s house and cook something fattening. Just keep playing she will start not wanting to diet you obviously can speed this up in the same ways more events with Alice that have food will make this go by faster.

1 Like

He makes the dough.
Becca eats the dough.

Speaking of, @tiggertoo

…I miss the teasers with Becca and Hannah…

3 Likes

What’s the maximum weight can alice
reach now ?

The weight number can keep rising even after you have beaten all story content currently in 0.7. So in that sense there isn’t a “max”, but you will know when you hit the end of the story content. As there is a “to be continued” screen that lets you know you have reached the end of content. This screen happens right after the final weight stage reveal event available in 0.7.

1 Like

Just to add that although you can play on after the ‘to be continued’ screen, the game is completely untested beyond that point so there will certainly be bugs and glitches.

Loving the game, I’ve been playing and keeping up with the project since the breakup scene was as far as the demo went, not sure how much of a benchmark that is but at least a few years. Just had a mini stroke when i saw the game was discontinued in the intro due to piracy but i’m glad you’re still knocking around. Too many great games getting canceled lately with forks being a massive blow.

2 Likes

I started work in October 2019 (over THREE years ago!!!), so the demo that finished with the breakup would be somewhere mid-late 2020, at a guess.

And yeah, the pirates totally destroyed my motivation to continue for a while, hence the cancellation message in the intro (in hindsight I should have updated that when I restarted work on the game - bit late now though and most people seem to realise the message is out of date), but I’m back working on it now, just at a much slower pace than previously.

17 Likes

Take your time and I shall wait patiently. Been with you since 0.4 and I can’t wait to see the end result!!

3 Likes

I don’t mean to bother you and I know you’re burnt out on this project but I’m getting the bug where the option to phone Alice disappears and restarting the game/waiting a few hours doesn’t fix it, it happens around the 3rd time you meet the smoker woman (lol forgot her name sorry)

any tips on fixing would be appreciated

Edit: when i say “restart” i mean a new game

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @CLOOKY.

Passing time in game should clear this. About a week of in game time should fix it to my knowledge. Just “wait and hour” repeatedly until you can sleep at home and repeat for a week of in game time.

I haven’t had the bug myself ever so I can’t confirm that first hand.

2 Likes

wasn’t aware i had to sleep in-between! thank you!

unfortunately the bug persists even after the brief fix! she goes away for another week after you do anything with her.

2 Likes

So is the “call Alice” button gone or is Alice herself gone? These and different things and I realize from your wording I may have misunderstood you.

The call alice button disappearing is a bug and passing time seems to fix this to my knowledge. Alice being gone with the button still there should mean you have hit the scripted break up event. If you had a three option choice with Alice after Janet visited. It most commonly leads to a break up event. In which you pass a week of time in game and another event happens.

Passing a week of time in game is the fix to the bug and the scripted event.

1 Like

the option to call her randomly vanishes, I’m not far into the game either, Alice is still thin

waiting causes it to come back but when i go on another date with her its gone afterwards requiring me to wait more time before it comes back once again

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not something I would be of much help with. I can probably only offer an early save that hopefully would not cause the issue to happen. If it is happening repeatedly and can’t get past it, then @tiggertoo might be able to help the biggest problem with this bug is not being able to recreate it to fix it from my understanding.

I’d say worst case make sure you have the most recent version from the first post of this thread 0.7. And delete and reinstall the game (your saves will be carried over with how renpy works) and if you can’t get it to stop happening I can try tossing you a save. That is until/when tiggertoo might be able to help you if the issue is still occurring.

1 Like

I’d appreciate that thanks man!

1 Like

Sorry you’ve hit that bug.

It really is a rare one. So rare that I’ve never been able to replicate it, and I’ve played the early part of 0.7 dozens of times. As such, I’ve no idea what causes it.

I’m afraid 0.7 is now dead and buried. I won’t be spending any more time on it. For 0.8 and beyond, I’ve restructured huge parts of the game, so fingers crossed, that’ll fix the bug. Although, of course, if it does still crop up in the new version, I’ll actively look into fixing it.

The easest way around it is to start a completely fresh game. The bug only occurs very early in the game - around the time of Alice’s first visible weight gain, so shouldn’t be too much of a hardship. And make sure you delete the old saves too.

Or take up @Krodmandoon on his kind offer to let you have one of his savegames :slight_smile:

6 Likes

May i ask, but did you rush hannah events before reaching next alice’s weight stage?

That bug happened to me when i did that, somehow hannah calls came real quick and then the phone button was gone.
Buuut, in my case the button showed up again after loading a new save file or new game, which is weird tho, considering that in your case nothing works and you still don’t have that button back…

1 Like