The Weighting Game - WIP

How are you able to “rush Hannah events”?

1 Like

I’ll wipe everything and play the game as normally as possible and get back to you

4 Likes

I suppose if you don’t feed Alice and continue to pass time it could happen?

3 Likes

I might be mistaken but Hannah’s events are tied to Alice’s weight and other variables I believe. So, I was under the impression that Hannah’s story wouldn’t go anywhere if you took it slow or stopped with Alice’s completely. I might be wrong though as I just play “normal” when I do at what is an even pace for me(which to be fair is probably pretty fast in general since I’ve played it so many times over the years and know what to do) and always go to the next story event for each character when it’s available.

1 Like

I don’t remember the details, but basically you can see some scenes when you don’t do anything else with alice after the game introduce you to hannah, and after seeing most hannah’s events the button disappears, but if i’m not wrong the scene that triggered it was when she quit smoking or the other one when you see her after she quit it.

I have the .7 that got released here for the reasons we already know, i guess it’s just joiplay stuff, i did the same thing in my laptop but it didn’t happened, so it must be something weird going on with this app.

1 Like

As far as I’ve noticed Hannah’s gain is tied to Alice her gain, which is something I really appreciate. In other WG games where you can focus in on certain characters their gain, I usually max them out and never talk to them ever again (as there is no more content for them) but I really connect with these characters as its all tied together

However, in my earlier playthroughs when I just found this game, it was possible for me to “Miss” Hannah events as I didn’t know where I could trigger them, often it was the gym where I rarely went anyway. and especially in the earliest build I’ve played it was at the coffee shop where there wasn’t really anything to do for the player apart from getting coffee (alone)

So maybe thats what happend to them because when it was pointed out to me how those events worked, I got aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot of Hannah events back to back as I had missed them, I don’t know if its still possible with the hint system and there being more reasons to go to locations now,

but it could be thats why they are asking if the Hannah events were rushed. not sure though

3 Likes

Yeah, it is currently possible to dodge/delay some of the Hannah events. And have quite a few occur one after the other when one of them is eventually triggered.

One of the many bits of recoding that I’ve done will hopefully get round this.

Anyway, seeing as it’s only (eek) two weeks until Christmas, here’s a Christmassy type image. One of a few that I’ll be posting on Patreon once they’ve finished rendering.

32 Likes

i bet the player gonna be in center right chair?

or other way around just an girls out

1 Like

Lacy is gonna blow past Alice at this rate, hot damn!

Now the question is did she find a new man, or is this brought on by a certain roommate and her boyfriend?

(I’ve got a hunch, but surprises are much more fun!)

3 Likes

That turkey doesn’t seem like enough for the girls there

1 Like

I seem to be having a problem where around day 43 i lose the call Alice button idk if im doing anything wrong cause right after it happened i got all of the girl who smokes events all at once, any help would be appreciated, ive restarted multiple times but it keeps happening, the first time i tried to keep Going and got to day 100 without any other progress able to he made :confused:

1 Like

Have you followed the instructions in the first post of the thread?

And just to check, did you download the game from here and you haven’t used a save editor?

I’ll just go with the “extreme” option now :laughing:. I sent you saves if you can’t get anything else to work check your dms.

4 Likes

Hi thank you for responding! Im not sure what part of the thread that is, im also playong this on Joiplay and ive played it and gotten past the breakup before and im not unsing a save editior!

2 Likes

Awesome thank you! Idk if ill actually be able to use the saves since im playing on joiplay but i appreciate it!

3 Likes

Everytime I’m over the giant hole these amazing and great written characters left after beating the latest version several times, you just make me miss them all over again with these images!

4 Likes

Lucky, my Joiplay doesn’t load this game anymore!

2 Likes

tigger you should add voice reader like make it read it to the player in the visual novel

1 Like

The engine the game is build with, renpy, has that feature build in. It’s made for vision impaired though and reads all UI elements as well. You hit the “V” key to enter and exit self voicing and if you’re playing on PC, Mac, or Linux renpy uses whatever speech synthesis your operating system has.

This is probably the closest you will get to having the game be read out to you. As a narration feature either has to be AI based or paying someone to read the entire game. Both options are a huge time sink and alot of work for something that is in low demand.

5 Likes