The Weighting Game - WIP

I have nothing really to add but just want to say thanks for the slithers and previews of the next version you are posting. The game is already very good and I cannot wait to continue it at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, but i should point out that none of the recent images are actually previews from the game. Theyre all stand-alone.

Any spoilers will be very clearly labelled :wink:

2 Likes

Scalpers ruin everything these days. And given the current financial situation it’s probably going to get worse.

#scalpersarescum

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, I have a business and I made a logo for it and a “friend” in the same line of work completely stole the logo and I couldn’t do anything about it (I didn’t file anything for copyright). I love the game you have made and I’m glad that despite the fact that you got burned you came back to work on it again.

7 Likes

Yup. Code in chunks. Write a function, test it, don’t continue until everything you’ve already written works 100%. At bare minimum, this’ll help with not having crippling problems later when you try to compile several hundred lines of spaghetti code and something breaks.

1 Like

See if you can get a 3060 12 GB, even a used one. Prices on last gen have crumpled (relatively speaking) for a few different reasons. Next gen (RTX 4000 and Radeon 7000) won’t be getting to the low end cards for quite a while, and if the 4070 Ti is already only 12 GB, then you won’t do better than a 3060 for VRAM without spending at least a grand this gen.

1 Like

I am not sure I agree. Ren’py VNs have very little “code” in them. And almost no “functions”.

It’s more that the script is gigantic and intermingles with rare flashes of actual “code”. So it can be hard to stay organized and not confuse yourself.

Also ren’py chokes if you try to load a save in a patch release that contains new variables, which is like a giant flaw, sort of, kind of, not really.

Also, I am not sure I can accept paying 400$ for a 3060 when a 4070ti is 800$ and a 4070ti runs like a 3090 with half the vram.

I think the 4070 non-ti is rumored to also have 12gb of vram and be expected out this spring (production runs for it start february or march.)

2 Likes

Well, I was assuming you had budgetary concerns that would make a $400 gfx card acceptable but not an $800 one. In which case VRAM becomes the biggest concern and the 3060 is king.

1 Like

I’m pretty new here and I loved your game. You’ve made it so realistic with great dialogues and looks. Is there a sort of dev blog for the game? Are you still developing it? I had to subscribe to your patron page right away cause you really deserve the support. Is that the best way to support you and your work at the moment?

1 Like

yikes man, that’s going to kill your render times like crazy. I used to render at 8k res (I’d then down res to 4k for super sampling in post), 15000 samples and 3 quality and that would take 12-24 hours per render. I’ve since joined a DAZ creators channel and saw some of the amazing work from folks over on there, and one of the pros uses 2000-3500 samples, quality 1 with denoiser set to 2000 (4k res). I’ve been starting to do that myself and have found very little loss in quality but my render times have improved from 12-24hour renders to 20min-1 hour renders.

1 Like

I want to reply to you in reference to the post I made above this. (The post I’m replying to, not down here in current times.)

Okay, so, great belly deformation on alice is achieved via creating a geometric primitive and turning collision on for it then hiding it from view/render. Then the man’s hands can be placed in their spot.

What if alice liked squeezing herself though? I’m trying to create that effect now myself. It seems impossible!

Even hidden the primitive still exists and when alice’s hands would move in to take their place the collision on the primitive collides with and deforms her hands. Then if you think okay. delete the primitive. well the belly deformation collision instantly vanishes. Is there a way to make the primitive collide with alice’s body but not alice’s hands? (in this case by alice I mean genesis 8 generic female.)

Is this a trick you ever figured out? Or does it never matter since the MC isn’t psychic and isn’t a peeping tom :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Mbauto I reduce the render completion time. Shorter render times with higher samples and quality seem to give better results than long times with lower quality/samples.

@namad I’ve never actually tried that. As you know, I have some scenes where a characters belly is being prodded/poked by another character, but no scenes where a character is squeezing their own fat. Perhaps I should look into that at some point…

edit oops - forgot to reply to @friedhel !

@friedhel glad you like it! It’s taken a lot of work to get this far and yes, I’m still working on it so there’s a lot more to come. I really should have removed the message at the start of the game about it being cancelled, but it’s a bit late now :stuck_out_tongue:

Patreon is the only place to support the game, so by default, it’s also the best place…

I’m always in two minds about dev blogs. I do love talking about the game and what I’m working on, but I’m very mindful that a lot of people prefer to find stuff out for themselves rather than me tell them all about it before they’ve played it. And, seeing as though the next version is going to be a private release, it would be a bit mean of me to tell people all about such and such when they don’t have a chance to play it.

2 Likes

There are tools you can get that can also systematically crush the number of polygons or texture sizes for things not in the active camera. Links down below.
Decimator for DAZ Studio | Daz 3D
Scene Optimizer | Daz 3D

You can also hold control when turning groups on and off to hide the entire group of objects associated with that group so you don’t have to manually delete or turn off each item individually.

If you are running on an older GPU, try running these settings for your render and see if it produces a faster result with sufficient quality: samples 3000, quality 1, (turn on denoiser, run samples at 2000). I mentioned it in a previous post, but I’ve found those settings to really speed up my renders from what I had been doing, and for almost 99% of what I render, the quality is pretty comparable.

1 Like

Use multiple deformers to create a pinch or one deformer that pulls out the skin on the belly. Alternatively, you could also draw it with a push/pull modifier and a weight map.

Private release, wdym?

2 Likes

@hahequ A release just for Krodmandoon

3 Likes

Krodmandoon? (I feel stupid)

2 Likes

I have been summoned. Also it’s a joke. Tiggertoo wasn’t going to put out anymore public releases until the game is finished this was due to piracy. As it was what killed their motivation to work on the project and temporarily had cancelled it. Since the project had started back up they decided against public releases and a “private” release is likely to happen for testing/feedback purposes.

5 Likes

Yea, I know about that but what does “private” release mean? only for friends? only for himself? or for supporters/patrons?
Piracy is unfortunately unavoidable but I don’t really want to start any discussion
(I think I just misinterpreted the “private” release line and now im just unecessarily worried)

2 Likes

The release is only going to be available to a few individuals for the purpose of testing. It had been stated that tiggertoo would likely start another thread asking for volunteers for testing when the next version was ready and that’s the “private release” mentioned.

2 Likes