The Weighting Game - WIP

I haven’t learned how to make dformers or weight maps yet. Are there any well written n00b friendly guides for it? I started a thread about grabbing and squishing here

But so far my conclusion is that it’s over my head.

1 Like

Is this what you mean by denoiser 2000?

Sidenote, are iterations and max samples the same? Or is iterations purely controlled by render quality/convergence%/time?

5 Likes

Iterarions and samples are basically the same thing. You are basicalpy telling the denoiser to start at sample 2000 instead of sample 8. You also dont need bloom unless its an effect you are going for.

In terms grabbing the love handles, its more about anatamy postioning. When you pinch your side, are you keeping your elbows away from you or close to your side? For the most part, elbows need to stay as near to your side as possible amd then just pushed back, this will help orient your poses to look more natural.

And yes that is what you would set to 2000.

So far, this isn’t working at all. It looks like vaseline and smudges. Also if I set render quality to 1.0 instead of 10.0 my convergence hits 95% before iteration 2000, so that might break the denoiser? I never saw in the historya denoiser step/phase does it happen after the iterations?

Also I just messed up the depth of field, it looks like my entire render is depth of field set up for background not foreground. Which I didn’t notice due to my gpu being too weak to iray preview AND me assuming maybe the denoiser had something to do with it.

Obviously I moved my real camera around randomly while spending eons fussing over fingers, instead of my fake camera. Whoops. In the future test renders should be done with depth of field off. Although I think I’ll hold off on testing any features that aren’t vram savings until I get a modern gpu, it took me 4hours to render this due to a minor error.

Summary

edit: Oh also, what’s denoiser alpha? It defaults to off, but so do all the other denoiser settings.

edit2: is there a way to lock my real camera in place so when I am planning to move my fake camera around to look at things if i’ve accidentally selected the wrong camera I won’t move at all?

I’m so happy to hear that you re still updating my favorite game! :grin:

It’s totally fine that you dont’ wan’t spoil the surprise with a dev blog but I was looking for some infos like how many endings I’m missing, numbers of weight stages for the different characters and so on. Is there a way to get those infos?

I’ve found one great ending with a major cliffhanger. Can you guess when you’ll release the next update? and how private is the private release?

The pictures on Patreon are looking very promising :crazy_face:

1 Like

Do you have discord? Dm me and we can work on it

1 Like

To be honest, it’s so long since I worked on that version that I don’t remember much about it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s against the site rules to ask about updates, but nobody’s flagged it, so I won’t tell anyone if you won’t… I could put it out pretty much any time, but I’m still working on tweaking bits and pieces and, as I’ve always said, it’ll be done when it’s done. Should be soonish though.

‘Private’ was probably the wrong word to use for the next version. As it’s more a test of the recoded game structure than a fully fledged release, it’ll be a closed test. Once it’s ready (and I’ve worked out how the hell to set up a private discord!), I’ll be asking for a few volunteers to help test it.

@namad it may not be the best way to go about it, but with my scenes, I set up the camera in the view dropdown and position it where I want. I then use the perpsective view for fine tuning. I can then switch between the two as needed until I’m happy with the scene.

8 Likes

hey, i feel like I have no progress in the game, I’m from day 40 to 60 just in the same part of the game, is this a bug or something I’m not doing? I want to advance in the game but I can’t (Note: Sorry for the bad English, it’s not my native language)

2 Likes

Yeah I have been doing it that way, but it’s not hard to accidentally swap to the wrong one once and forget.

I tried making my real camera unselectable but it is till selectable (that just means I guess you can’t click on objects in the viewport nothing about elsewhere.)

2 Likes

Has this been updated recently? if so, what’s new? not asking for spoilers, just wanna make sure i don’t spend ages playing the game if i can’t yet make any more progress

2 Likes

The most recent version is still 0.7 It was available around August of 2021. If you played at that time or after you likely have seen the current version.

5 Likes

Well digging for content is lot’s of fun so I ll keep doing that. :sunglasses: :innocent: Thanks for your answer and your great work! :clap:

2 Likes

@flopp You’ll have to give a bit more info on where exactly you’re stuck. The number of days played doesn’t matter. Nothing is tied into that to allow everyone to play at their own pace. It’s also a deliberately slow-paced game. Things don’t tend to happen quickly.

Have you got the hints turned on? That would be a good starting point if you’re having problems.

@namad I guess it’s just what you’re used to. As you know, I use Manfridays render queue and the default setting in that is to use the camera option for a render, so it’s second nature for me to setup the scene with a camera view, tweak with perspective and then save with camera view.

@Proxima_Centauri As ever, @Krodmandoon is correct. There haven’t been any updates since I publicly released 0.7. I think it may be a good idea for me to stop talking about forthcoming versions on here. It seems to be confusing people who don’t have time to read through the entire thread.

4 Likes

well, i’m stuck between the part where alice keeps going to the gym, but it repeats almost in a loop, where she doesn’t feel well and thinks she’s too fat, and the meeting with hannah outside the cafeteria, no I know if I was very specific, but I’ve been repeating this for a long time and I haven’t made progress

1 Like

You can ignore meeting with Hannah outside the cafe. That’s entirely random and doesn’t affect the story at all.

Have you got hints turned on? If you’ve had the scene with Alice not feeling well at the gym, then I’m pretty sure you need to meet Hannah at the gym and help her out for the story to progress. It’s a long long time since I worked on this version, but I’m sure the hints arrow will prompt you about this if it’s turned on.

2 Likes

actually, that’s the problem, i can only see hannah working out, i can’t help her at all, no hints appear either, look i’ve repeated that part a lot, only difference in this long time without changes is that now i meet sarah working out too, would there be, I don’t know, some way to skip events or just some detailed way to make them happen?

2 Likes

update: i finally activated one more extra job with becca, other than that, no big deal

2 Likes

How many days have passed?

2 Likes

until I get a new interaction or…? if it’s about since I constantly have new interactions for about 30 days in game with like, a new thing in 10 days, for me to have this interaction with becca I had it on day 80, about 5 days since I had the gym interaction with the sarah

2 Likes