The Weighting Game - WIP

That will be very easily done, I’m assuming you want to make a one anyone can join but will have extra functionality for important members.

3 Likes

Nope, it’ll be private and as simple as possible. @Krodmandoon has very kindly helped me get the thing set up, but I’ve never used Discord before, so the simpler the better!

7 Likes

when its ready, i’d suggest you DM on weight gaming for people that have been chosen for the closed test. that way its fair on others

2 Likes

I was going to suggest going for a private one, wasn’t sure which way you were going.

2 Likes

I would be open to being part of a closed test. I’m a computer engineering major so I have decent knowledge on coding however I’m still fairly new to renpy. There may be some renpy warriors on this sub somewhere lol

2 Likes

When the testers have finished and checked through all of 0.8, will that one then be released to the public?

1 Like

Unlikely, last I knew TT was gonna wait until entire game is done before next public release. Mostly due to Pirates, but we are not having that talk again. No new ground to cover.

4 Likes

This is answered by my guide/faq which you can see in the first post. (I’ve added a couple of closed testing questions and answers) But basically it’s been stated quite a few times as, @Demimonde4_Archives has indicated, that the next publicly available version will be when the final complete version releases.

2 Likes

@tiggertoo I was thinking…
Could you answer if that one render you posted here with the officer lady is canon or not?
She had a really nice model

2 Likes

Never say never, but I’m not planning on putting out any more public versions until the game is complete. That said, the upcoming test version (0.8.1) may well form the basis of an updated demo at some point.

For anyone who played the previous demo, 0.8.1 finishes at the same point Alice potentially breaking up with you as the old demo, but has all the new content that’s been added to the game up to that point.

@hahequ Damn! I was hoping nobody would ask that question :stuck_out_tongue:

The answer is a little complex… Basically, she does have a small part in the game, but most players should never see her. Not going into any more detail than that, I’m afraid. She’s a surprise!

9 Likes

You know if you say that that we are now going to try to find her in the game!

2 Likes

is the latest version 0.8.1 playable via patreon?? where can i download it?

2 Likes

@jcc309 Yeah, that’s why i was hoping nobody would ask :stuck_out_tongue: In hindsight, I shouldn’t have said anything, but too late now… Not that it’s worth trying to find her yet. She’s not been added :slight_smile:

@Azerty8945 You can’t download it, because it’s not ready yet. Once it’s ready, I’ll be asking for a few testers and it’ll be a closed test. I’ve learned through painful experience that public tests are an utter pain. I get multiple (sometimes dozens) reports of the same bug and reports like ‘Alice has stopped gaining’ don’t give me anything to work on.

I was spending far more time sifting through bug reports and general comments, and then having to try and get more info so I could track the bug down, than I was actually fixing stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

You won’t be missing much in any case. The upcoming version is mostly a test of all the recoded stuff rather than an extension of 0.7

10 Likes

What is the max weigh of Alice?
(on version 0.7)

2 Likes

Welcome @Theodore_C to weight gaming. The final stage Alice’s weight will be 360+ lbs There’s a guide/FAQ linked in the first post if you need it. It has a bunch of questions answered about the game as well.

On a related note, for a spilt second when I see a question that’s answered in the FAQ it makes me think of this. (Probably only funny to me :joy:)

However, I don’t think I could ever just tell someone to check the guide and not answer their question :smirk:. As that kind of seems like a dick move and I wouldn’t want to discourage interaction with the thread here.

8 Likes

Nope, not just funny to you, I also laughed :rofl:

5 Likes

Made me chuckle too!

I’ve edited the title of the thread to make it more obvious that there’s a very detailed guide to the game (Thanks again, @Krodmandoon) available, which will hopefully help.

5 Likes

always love an chat with good memes

1 Like

Had a few people asking, so thought I’d better clarify the content of the next version.

It’ll be called 0.8.1 and it’s more of a test to see how well all the restructuring works than an actual new version. There is new content, but it finishes well before the end point of the current version (0.7).

When it’s ready, I’ll open up a new thread asking for testers. Testing will be done via Discord (thanks @Krodmandoon!), so you’ll need a Discord account if you want to volunteer to test it.

Once it’s debugged, I’ll then start work on 0.8.2. This will take the restructured game up to the end of 0.7. The restructured code is making things a bit easier to work with, so I’m hopeful this won’t take as long as 0.8.1! :stuck_out_tongue:

After that, the next version, probably 0.8.3, will pick up from where 0.7 finishes.

14 Likes

hey tigger could you send me the discord in my private chat would love keep myself updated

1 Like