The Weighting Game - WIP

cries in FAQ

@Pro_Master the discord is not open to the public. It’s purpose is the bug testing of 8.1. There won’t be status updates or things released on the discord. It’s just a place for the testers to see each others bug reports and feedback. This makes it easier on tiggertoo to not have to sift through the same bug reports over and over during the debugging.

5 Likes

thanks for very useful help atleast i found his discord profile i will send it to you in private chat

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why 0.8.1 instead of 0.8.0? The software engineer in me is very curious!

3 Likes

I just picked 0.8.1 as the starting point. No real reason why it couldn’t have been 0.8.0 :stuck_out_tongue:

To be exact, it’s actually 0.8.1a. May change it to 0.8.0 though. That would make more sense, now that you mention it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just for you… :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Ya know, this reminds me of something. I’ve wondered for a long time why the models are positioned like they are in the title screen. Usually with this dissimilar reflection trope you see the person as they are with the person they are inside/are meant to be in the mirror’s reflection, so does that mean that we’re seeing Alice at a point in her gaining journey where she’s gotten a lot bigger but still sees herself skinny? I’d be interested to hear why fat Alice isn’t the one in the mirror

3 Likes

As someone who has had the pleasure of playing this masterpiece from 0.4, I look forward to the day this game is finished! I can not wait! I wish you all the best in completing your project!

3 Likes

There’s no real reason behind it. I did two images (the one above and one with the reverse - thin Alice looking at a fat Alice reflection) and simply decided that the former was better.

At some stage I may do a few more menu screens just to add a bit of variety.

4 Likes

Im curious, in regards to that mirror pic, how does it work? Is it just something like the ‘mirror’ is actually just an open hole where the same room is copied over so it looks like it’s mirrored and then just pose skinny Alice in there?

1 Like

I could have sworn I explained that a while ago in the thread, but I can’t find it so I guess I must have dreamed it or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, it’s basically an amalgamation of two images. One fat Alice looking in the mirror, one thin Alice looking in the mirror. I then cut out the thin mirror part and pasted it exactly on top of the fat one.

3 Likes

true mistakes happen dont worry

1 Like

Its just a magic mirror, nothing more…

2 Likes

You did explain it! It could perhaps be fat Alice remembering her slim days, or wishing she still was… or being happy that she is now a feedee - all sorts of possibilities!

3 Likes

I was sure I’d explained how I’d created the image, but couldn’t find it when I did a search :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, it is deliberately ambiguous. Could mean one of a number of things…

2 Likes

Probably explained it on patreon instead. Don’t remember seeing it here.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was on here, but could well have been on there now I think about it.

3 Likes

Oh man, I missed the v.8 test chance!
I hate school projects >:|

Guess I’ll have to wait until public release :frowning:

5 Likes

Eh… It’s a pity that I missed the chance to take part in testing. I understand that it remains only to wait for the release? Or will there still be a chance to get tested in v9.0, for example?

2 Likes

same man i was very busy didnt even payed attention

3 Likes

Sorry, but I’d already had well over 100 applicants in that short space of time.

If I’d left it open any longer, it would have taken me hours to go through it all.

11 Likes