The Weighting Game - WIP

Just wanted to check, will you let us know when you’ve chosen the testers? :slight_smile: just so those not selected aren’t waiting with hope & excitement :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, i should have mentioned that I’ve messaged the people who have been chosen to test this version

14 Likes

It’s okay, We’ll just have to wait a few weeks, or months, I guess.
Fine for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sad i missed the boat, but excited for progress. Can’t wait to see what comes next :smiley:

3 Likes

The amount of applications is testament to the game so far man good job! Hope the testing goes well!

9 Likes

Oh what!? I kept an eye in this thread to apply for testing and I totally missed it! Really amazed with how many people are hyped! Can’t wait to see where its all going!

6 Likes

Sorry the testing thread wasn’t open for long. I got way more applicants than I expected.

5 Likes

God i absolutely loved every minute of this game. At first i thought: “A game where i can make a girl grow, fun”. But there’s so much more to it. After a while you really start to feel as if you’re the main character and Alice is actually your girlfriend. I think the visuals are great and i really liked the story aswell. In fact, i liked the game so much i finished it in less that 72 hours. I was in the middle of my exams., but i can tell you i didn’t do much studying during those three days :stuck_out_tongue: . The best part for me was the burping. I really have a thing for burping women and although there wasn’t very much of it, i think it was really balanced and build up. At first, you get lines that say “Alice stiffles a belch”. But the further you get in the game and the bigger and more comfortable she gets, she starts just letting them out and they get bigger and bigger too!! Especially in the special story pieces where you could tell you were making progress there was often some burping invoIved. I got very excited every time i saw there was coke or beer on the table. Even Becca and Hannah burp once each i believe and Alice even starts burping in front of other people. So i would definitely love to see some more of that in the update and i can’t wait to play the new version!! :wink:
Thank you for this amazing game!!

3 Likes

@ben.janssens352 Glad you enjoyed it! I like the burping stuff too, but I won’t be adding too much of it. Partly because not everyone is into that sort of thing and partly because if the characters are constantly burping and belching, the effect is lessened.

@Pro_Master This version of the game definitely won’t be a public release. It’s simply a test version to ensure that all the recoded stuff and new bits are working correctly up to this point. The testers are doing an amazing job of tracking down all the bugs and bits that I’ve messed up!

It’s actually a lot shorter than 0.7 (it finishes at the point where Alice asks if you’re a feeder, just after we meet Janet for the first time) so wouldn’t make any real sense to release it. That said, it’ll probably form the basis of a new updated demo at some point.

11 Likes

thats good just making sure because some tester usually do reports some dont just making sure but keep up the great work Tigger i will be alway open for ideas if you need any

2 Likes

It’s the best game on this sub, I’m not surprised!

3 Likes

so the testers are not play testing what is to be the final released game but just the new update after 0.7?

3 Likes

The game’s code was restructured and redone. When tiggertoo first started this project it was never meant to be as large as it is. The original plan was months of development not years. And the way it was coded would of been better suited for a shorter project. As a projects scope increases you can imagine the way coding is structured will compound issues and make further adding to the game more time consuming. Generally not something to worry about greatly on small projects but this was done to make development easier and tiggertoo can spend more time on other areas of the game.

Tiggertoo has an idea or plan for how the story will end but they keep certain parts of the game to be written as it’s being worked on which gives them more freedom and keeps things fresh. So, with that said there’s not a numbered version that could be given that would be the end of the game.

It definitely won’t be 0.8 or 0.9. I know there has been an idea that the numbered versions of games eventually leading up to a 1.0 (with 1.0 assumed to be the final product as this is how some people do it) but for a lot of dev’s, even in AAA studios, version numbers don’t mean anything other than internally marking the changes between patches, versions, bugfixes, etc. There not a roadmap to a finished product you can measure based on the version number (at least not always.)

The plan is to get the new recoded game back to where 0.7 ended and then development of stuff beyond that will continue. That in itself will be another version of the game most likely a 0.9 if you will.

10 Likes

@Pro_Master The testers are doing a brilliant job. They’ve found glitches and typos that have been there since the very first version of the game.

@jcc309 Probably the best game mentioned in this thread, at least :slight_smile:

@GrimRyu As ever, @Krodmandoon is correct. The game is way WAY bigger than I ever dreamed it would be and the code was becoming an utter mess, both to add to and to debug. So I’ve recoded huge chunks of it to split it into more manageable sections.

There are many thousands of lines of code in the game, so doing this for the entire game in one go would have been a nightmare. That’s why I decided for this version to only go up to the end of the current demo version (v0.3). Once this is debugged, I’ll then go on to the next version which will hopefully take me to the current finishing point of 0.7. I’ll then ask for people to test that version, and once that’s working correctly, finally get on with the game beyond 0.7!

It’s a slow process, but in the long run, this’ll make it easier and quicker for me to get things done! :smiley:

13 Likes

Well i admire your work, and i hope the best for the project, because i am quite excited for the end results

4 Likes

gotcha tiggertoo, I was curious how you where doing the testing. I wanted to be mindful of what stage of testing you were at to get a rough idea for myself when this game would be released, such as would it be release in the next few months or several years from now.

2 Likes

2 weeks on holidays and so much happened :smiley: i hope you choose good testers i cant await the finished game :smiley: if you need anytime more tester i would love too haha

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Always interesting to find out more about how all this stuff works.

4 Likes

Thank you Tigger. Glad you are managing to keep on top of things! I’ll be there in the line-up to buy the final version.

5 Likes

@ColdRedward I’m quite excited for the end results too. @Krodmandoon is (as usual) correct when he says that I’m making bits of the story up as I go along. For example, I have no idea (well, I do have a few ideas, but nothing definite) yet what will happen with Becca’s plotline once I start work on 0.8 proper :slight_smile: Part of the fun for me is working out what’s goiing to happen next!

11 Likes