The Weighting Game - WIP

Hmm, You might be able to LIE the stretchmarks with a color gradient image, which is something I did to get skin builder stretchmarks to load onto genesis8.1.

But well, you might be able to design the gradient in such a way as to be a near perfect match to the normal skin texture. Then you could simply revert/undo the stretchmarks from the bump or normal map. This would in effect hide many of the stretchmarks, hmm. I’ll test that idea out later.

2 Likes

My original gradient for stretchmarks on my recent pregnant Renders:
color injection for Torso_StretchMarks_1M.jpg RADIAL better gradient

Result: (This is multiplicative blend because I’m not trying to intentionally hide stretchmarks like I am in example 2 below.)

New Gradient:
color injection for Torso_StretchMarks_1M.jpg RADIALgradient trying to HIDE stretchmarks via this..
Result: (Using source over instead of multiplicative)

You can of course also do top to bottom gradients, and in this case a radial combined with top to bottom could be best. Alternatively I/you/someone could just edit the skinbuilder stretchmark to do something like cut/paste to delete all stretchmarks on the top/bottom/left/center/outside… that’s dead easy. The thing I struggled to do was to delete half the stretchmarks, by like complexity, so it was like half of them deleted evenly through all points, that’s what was mind boggling tough for me. Deleting a simpler subset? No problem. Feel free to make suggestions about the simpler subset that would look best :slight_smile:

Sidenote: The black area on the gradient’s is transparency.

9 Likes

That is much better and more natural. Is it a flat surface with painted stretch marks, or does it actually have 3d depth?

3 Likes

AO/normal/bump map will support fake 3d effects of this detail level. Displacement maps DO NOT WORK with this texture because the texture is too detailed for the displacement calculations to work. My bad texture edits though did allow for a displacement map effect to work. You can see literally like 15 variations of 3d effects from AO/normal/bump/displacement on my DeviantArt.

3 Likes

I think if you do decide to add stretchmarks to Alice or to any of the other characters, then they should be a bit lighter than what you have, if that is at all possible.

3 Likes

I suspect the closeness of the vote is connected to concerns over how pronounced the stretchmarks will be in addition to personal turn-ons or offs.

If the stretchmarks are gated by specific conditions instead of universal, I think it would be the best balance between those for or against them whatsoever. That way, it becomes something you can avoid or actively pursue (ie; by gaining more rapidly) rather than being forced on people that don’t want them.

2 Likes

Of course both the skinbuilder script UI and the daz LIE ui have opacity sliders. The Weighting Game - WIP (poll open) - #4102 by SexyFatGirlRenders

I set the stretchmark decal LIE opacity to 50% for this:

Although in this case I have the normal/AO on full, and the 3d effect of the normal is maybe even more noticeable without the drowning effect of the color?

The default skinbuilder color for stretchmarks is white, so I made a white gradient:

Which resulted in: (source over 100% opacity)

To clarify the skinbuilder asset pack comes with textures for all it’s overlays, the white on black version of which makes a good image mask for gimp/photoshop/dazLIE

To clarify again for the white stretchmarks I used the white AO detail for stretchmarks, my other renders give the stretchmarks black AO detail via subtract.

TLDR: I think it’s a real struggle to get even moderately acceptable results on stretchmarks, there are way too many renders of alice, but maybe for a side character? Or maybe for janet? Because if someone was 9 months pregnant at the end of the game over the top, campy exaggerated stretchmarks might fit her?

16 Likes

looks nice bro wish they can be in the game i think tigger should make the another version with stretch mark game file and one without stretch marks just for the hater of stretch marks and people who like stretch marks like my real life wife we just got married so i like keep it that way for now and just be true about your self and life will go smooth

3 Likes

Wow, loads of votes!

To be fair, the characters in my game DO gain way faster than anyone would in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

Joking aside, yes, I certainly wouldn’t use such a strong colour for any potential stretchmarks. That image was literally the first thing I came up with when I was playing around. Purely an example rather than a proper concept. The images @SexyFatGirlRenders posted are much closer to how I’d envisage the stretchmarks to look.

Looks like about 50/50 so far on whether to add them or not. I have to admit I thought more people wouldn’t like them, so that’s interesting. I’ll leave the poll up another few days, and if the results are still this evenly split, I’ll do some more experimentation on whether they’re feasible.

Thanks to everyone who voted!

@Pro_Master Congratulations!

7 Likes

Yeah, I got the original premise from a deviantart artist I asked about it, and they do exclusively pregnant content, but I thought the stretchmarks were well made. I’d love a reduced complexity texture decal to work on, but i don’t have one.

My trick for hiding the stretchmarks is just to use a gradient of skin tone, but the skin tone gradient uses a solid average color rather than matching the exact texture color variations.

TLDR: I do not think anyone but janet should get these stretchmarks, but I do not know where to get a simpler texture for a fat girl.

edit: One possible idea would be to use the skinbuilder hip stretchmarks instead of the belly ones, that might work better for a fat girl, and for front facing renders many might be hidden partially by the angle of the camera, but well, I got bored of testing after like 16 tests of the same figure in the same pose and camera shots :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey, sorry to bump the thread for a non-essential post but I just wanted to say thank you so much to @tiggertoo for all the incredible work you’ve put into this. I’ve been following this game for a long time now, and one of the main reasons I finally got off my butt and signed up for an account here was that I missed out on getting a chance to playtest version 0.8 and I’m hoping it might be possible to get in on future testing as additional versions come up. And either way, really looking forward to seeing the finished product when it’s ready – this is one of my favorite dating games of all-time (not just for our kink but, like, in general), and I’m sure the end result is going to be as great as the beta versions have been! :smiley:

10 Likes

Welcome @raskolnikov317 to weight gaming. Feedback and thoughts on a game are always welcome reasons to post in a topic.

4 Likes

Thanks, glad to hear this isn’t considering necroposting. :sweat_smile:

Oh, and btw: thanks to you too for that FAQ and walkthrough you put together – I imagine that probably took a lot of time to make and it’s a great resource to have!

6 Likes

I absolutely agree! I’ve been following it for some years too. I hope to be about the first in the queue to buy it when it is ready. #tiggertoo deserves all the praise for his amazing game!

4 Likes

will Alice be bigger in a future update than in update 0.7

5 Likes

The short answer is yes eventually either the finished product or maybe a future public release will have Alice larger then 0.7.

The current version of the game that @tiggertoo has been working on was a restructuring of the game and code. That version has not gotten back up to where Alice is in size at the end of 0.7. Once it’s caught up to the end point of 0.7, tiggertoo plans to continue on with content past the end point of 0.7. Which will of course be Alice at her next weight stage (and beyond?)

11 Likes

Okay, seems like it’s still roughly 50/50 on the poll. I’ll leave it up another day or so, so if anyone wants to try and influence the outcome, now’s the time!

If it stays this close then I’ll definitely look at adding stretchmarks to one of the characters. Something more along the lines of @SexyFatGirlRenders excellent efforts than my own poor example :stuck_out_tongue:

@raskolnikov317 and @Condenser Thanks for your kind words! It’ls always nice to hear that people enjoy my game, and yes, @Krodmandoon put a great deal of hard work into his superbFAQ/walkthrough.

@3437601 She most certainly will be :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Right, I’ll close the vote once I’ve finished typing this.

Looks as though it’s pretty much even between no stretchmarks and stretchmarks for Alice/one of the other characters.

I really don’t think 1/4 of the votes is enough to justifty reworking all the Alice images just to add a few stretchmarks, so it’s very unlikely this’ll happen, especially as 50% of you aren’t stretchmark fans, but one of the other characters? Yeah, I’ll look into this and see if I can come up with something that looks half decent.

Thank you to everyone who voted! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Thanks for the images on Patreon. Great work! Did you include stretch marks for Becca? Maybe I’m just imagining things, but she looks perfect to me. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Glad you like them :slight_smile:

No, there aren’t any stretch marks. I was just experimenting with a few cellulite effects.

7 Likes