The Weighting Game - WIP

@Alecccc and @Hoixi02 I wasn’t that impressed with them at the time, which is why I didn’t experiment any further. If there’s a lot of interest, though, I may well see what I can come up with.

The real issue is one of time. I already have thousands of images in my game and the more time I spend on creating new looks for existing characters, the longer it’s going to take me to finish.

@SexyFatGirlRenders To be honest, I don’t remember. I originally posted that image here way back in 2019, and I’m not sure I still have the files saved. I do a lot of test renders that I delete the Daz files for if I’m not happy with them to save a bit of disk space. It’s possible the file is still on a backup somewhere. If I ever come across it, I’ll have a look.

2 Likes

You call this bad??? this looks good, it adds alot(but thats just me, sucker for stretchmarks)

5 Likes

I think this looks really good and also seems more realistic

2 Likes

The only reason I mention it, is that sometimes, at least in one case, an asset will have white and black stretchmark texture files, and injecting color into them via gimp or LIE is trivial. Although if the stretchmarks are not a texture decal but instead a morph, then it’s far above my head to comprehend how to edit them.

2 Likes

ye ol’ tigerstripes aren’t totally my bag, but some people like 'em, that’s fair.

objectively though? feature creep just adds to time, and workload. whiiich would be the crux of the whole thing, no?

8 Likes

I’d have to agree, they’re not my thing either, but re-rendering every scene where a fatter Alice is showing some skin? Well, that’s a lot of work to do to please a niche of a niche.

5 Likes

I’m not really into stretch marks myself, so I also agree it’d be a lot of effort to add a small detail that not everyone is going to be excited about

4 Likes

Very unlikely I’ll redo all the Alice renders just to add a few stretchmarks, but for one of the lesser characters? If people like it then I might just do it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’d say run a poll whenever you feel the time is right.

4 Likes

I don’t think stretch marks are a must for any of us who like them. But they’re definitely a plus! And yeah, having them for B-characters sounds good enough for me ^^

5 Likes

Personally, I’m not a fan of stretch marks. It might be best to do a poll to see what the majority would like.

6 Likes

One Question, I am on Day 84 and she hasn’t gained any weight. Why is it like that?

3 Likes

Welcome to weight gaming @Popek.

You can check out the guide I’ve made in that post or linked in the very first post. It also has an FAQ that is likely to answer most questions new players will have. But to give you a run down, days don’t matter. Alice gains weight in game from doing activities that involve food. If she isn’t actually putting on weight it means you aren’t doing enough with her to off set her working out.

But the visuals of her weight aren’t reflected with every pound so it’s likely she might be gaining weight but it won’t be reflected visually right away (it’s obvious when it happens there are special weight event). She will at times weigh herself when you invite her over to the MC’s house at 17:00+ hrs. This outside of some things mentioned in my guide will give you the best idea if she is increasing in weight.

Do more events with her and you will see progress in the game. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

So basically I just have to make her eat a lot on one day and then just end the day by sleeping? And how will I recognize that she is making progress?

2 Likes

There are events and texts that pop up as the stage progresses that can act as a progress marker within each stage (as basically everything is tied to Alice’s weight for progress) but as I said Alice weighing herself gives you a good idea. As long as you are doing things in game you should progress. Specific things per stage are listed in my walkthrough.

2 Likes

As ever @Krodmandoon is completely correct. Follow his advice and you’ll start to see results :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was thinking along the lines of a stretchmark poll too. And I haven’t done one for a while, so…

• Add stretchmarks to Alice
  • Add stretchmarks to one of the supporting characters
  • No. I don’t like stretchmarks

0 voters

Something along the lines of this (very work in progress - just a quick test I knocked up)

stretchmarks

(It’s unlikely I’ll go down the route of adding stretchmarks for Alice as it’ll be a lot of extra work, but if enough people want that, then I’ll consider it)

12 Likes

I recommend light amount of stretch marks if possible. That looks like too much for the image above.

11 Likes

OK I’m normally one who thinks stretchmarks are sexy but I think based on that sample pic that may be more stretchmarks than I tend to like seeing that looks like very rapid weight gain like very very rapid stuff to get those.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not that easy given that the test render is using skinbuilder’s stretchmark overlay. It has a gigantic amount of stretchmarks. But options with a more basic amount of stretchmarks aren’t as “good” typically :frowning:
I tried myself for hours to edit the stretchmarks to be 50% as complex/detailed but nothing I did seemed to work. Feathering made them too large. And color editing with no feathering made them small yes but no less complex, so there were just as many stretchmarks but some were only one pixel wide.

A good 2d artist could fix this problem though and make some stretchmarks out of the skinbuilder texture that were 20-50% as detailed/complex/numerous.

What you could do though with the skinbuilder overlay decal is make the stretchmarks have less opacity, or make them a lighter color, that’s very easily doable. But making them, less, in a way that isn’t hamfisted, and doesn’t damage their wonderfully complex detail? That’s tougher :frowning:
IMO the skinbuilder belly overlay stretchmarks at cranked color and cranked opacity (as in the test render above), is useful on say a 9months pregnant woman. Other tools/options/methods might be better/needed for a fat girl.

Then again tiggertoo probably has better 2d editing skills than me, and might be able to edit the skinbuilder built-in stretchmark overlay texture file, better than I could.

2 Likes