This game represents my effort in making a deep and complex realistic management game in our genre. The game is text-only and far from complete, but already has a full and extensive game loop. I release a preliminary version here to receive feedback before the final gain jam version. Please let me know what you think! Also, please let me know if you find a bug!
In this game, you are the new headmaster of a prestigious all-female wizard college. The college is in huge debt, which needs to be paid within an 8-year period (96 rounds). To be successful, you need to
- Find a way to balance income and cost to sustain the college!
- Expand the horizons and waistlines of the students!
- Alter the thousand-year traditions to be profitable!
- Prevent the arrogant chief priestess from firing you (and even fight back)!
- Interact with the outside world and exotic cultures!
How will you save the College? There are six endings currently (2 bad, 3 good, 1 great).
Here is a question for you: is the game too difficult or too easy? Please let me know so I can balance the game better.
Also, I will be adding more content by the gain jam deadline. The following are some thoughts, but I won’t be able to add everything by the deadline. What would you like to see?
- More on Student IQ mechanic
- Influencing the outsiders (so, you are not the only one being influenced)
- A tourism mechanic
- More random events (Feel free to suggest!!!)
- More advanced gym, restaurants and IQ mechanic
- A major theology update
- More traditions to break
Here is the link: The Wizard College by BetaMarx (itch.io)
After the gain jam, I will continue the development here: The Wizardry College v0.4 - A college management game
v 0.35 – Gain Jam Final Version –
– One more event
– Bug fixes
– Balance improvement
– The accountress now also gets a name and record
– When you win, you will get a history of the college weight from Candra
– More advanced teaching system (now it is actually useful, and your balance can depend on it dramatically)
– Bug fixes
– Difficulty reduced (oops, v0.3 was way too hard)
This is perhaps the second-to-last update before the deadline. Please report bugs! Also, because there are so many things updated, please let me know if you find the game too easy or hard.
– Talent system is now up (Choose from 5 different buffs at the beginning)
– Student roster system is up (now, you will have a roster of students, and you can track them!)
– 4 new extensive events (and all old ones are updated)
– A new “lovehandle” body fetish is added
– One more tradition to break (please suggest more!)
– More interactions with Candra
– The theology system is updated to make it less of a grind
– Balance sheet!
– A minimal IQ system is implemented (more to come!)
– Teaching and learning are now more useful (as more and more events depend on IQ)
– Three new extensive random events
– One more tradition to break
– Classroom added (along with the new teaching policies)
– “Greed” is now added as a hidden parameter
– The actual standard of beauty can now change as the game evolves
– Bug fixes
– Better balance. The game is now slightly more challenging to play