Theme park of Food (WG Interactive Novel)

Hey y’all,

I’m working on a WG Novel featuring both Male and Female elements about a group of college kids in an abandoned theme park. I don’t have a lot of work done currently, but I’m hoping to turn this into a full fledged story over the next few weeks. If you’d be willing to, I’d love if you’d test out the game to help me better develop it.

Version 0.1

This is my first part I’ve done. I’ve really only done the opening background and am currently writing more of the story. If you have any changes or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

13 Likes

There’s no extension for this file - it’s just opening it as a bunch of words in googledocs, and asking me to pick a file type for it.

Change the extension to .html to open it. For some reason, it doesn’t come with the file extension.

1 Like

Hey sorry about that! I wasnt able to directly upload a html file link to the site and when I uploaded it to google drive that’s how it came out. Idk if someone knows how to properly upload it. Sorry for the confusion!

Depending on how small the file is, you can compress it into a zip file and directly upload it onto the forum by dragging the file into your post while editing it.

Can a program like 7zip do that?

Probably. I use Bandizip myself, but I’m not an expert on what the best tool for compressing files into .zip files is.

Windows can natively make zip files. just right click → new → compressed (zipped) folder.

That said, yes, 7zip can also make them.

2 Likes

Ok awesome thanks for the help I’ll reupload it. Sorry for the confusion!

Themepark of Food V0.zip (117.1 KB)

Does this work now? Just making sure it works.

Ok I finally got it to work where when you unzip the file it runs the code. I have attached below the most updated version currently:
Themepark of Food.zip (125.0 KB)
If you have any suggestions or just thin my writing is ok let me know. This is my first time doing something like this so constructive criticism is both welcome and wanted!

3 Likes

That works, thank you.

EDIT: Having played through it, this seems a promising start to a good CHYOA, looking forward to more :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :

1 Like

This is such a great beginning! I love the carelessness of the characters and their brainwashed actions. I can’t wait to see more!!!

Love this so far, hope it turns out great!