Thoughts on cheats?

It depends on the game and the person playing it. Personally, I prefer a lighter challenge when playing fetish games, as the challenge isn’t what I’m there for. Developers can treat cheats as a tool for players who are less interested in the challenge or grind than the kink stuff, perhaps like an easy mode.

3 Likes

Personally, I think it’d depend on the game. Like, I don’t wanna cheat on a first playthrough, but future playthroughs I think I wouldn’t mind cheating more on. Once I’ve gotten through what a game has to offer, I don’t wanna go through the grind again to get to any specific point I want, since I’ve already gotten there the first time.

2 Likes

Cheating in a game, for me, is dependent on multiple factors, including difficulty and if the cheat is in game or not. If the game is notorious for it’s difficulty, then I’m going to have to take every edge I can get, at least for the first playthrough, though if the cheats for it are in game then it doesn’t feel as wrong using them. Though if the game is easy, then I’m not gonna bother with cheats until my 2nd playthrough, even if the cheats are part of the game.

I’ve said it earlier in the thread, but I’ll say it again; if a lewd game requires me to grind for hours, or relies on tiny % RNG chances, I’ll cheat the hell out of it. It’s padding, and I don’t want to play some okayish game for 5-10 hours just to get to the second or third lewd scene, no matter how good the lewd bits are.

Grinding, low % chance stuff, and difficulty, I guess. Seems like there’s quite a few lewd RPG Maker games where the devs decided to make their game hard (coughcough enemies have huge amounts of HP and take forever to kill cough) and it makes the game take 5x as long to get anywhere. It’s usually made worse by people using stock, nonlewd assets for the filler, too, so it’s not like you’re getting to look at fun things in the process.
I’ll gladly cheat on a game like this, honestly I cheat on 99% of lewd RPG Maker games, the only exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are Some Bullshit, that Seeds of game here (why the hell are there, like, 5 recent lewd RPG Maker games with “Seeds of” in the name, holy shit), and that Unnamed Stuffing RPG game.

3 Likes

I cheat a lot, and it’s really just a matter of whether I feel like the gameplay is engaging/satisfying, or whether it’s a chore to get to something else. I’m bad at all kinds of video games, so I’ve been cheating for a long time to get the experience I want.

I can get art anywhere, but games are fun because they’re interactive, and they create a different kind of experience. Cheating might help me tweak that experience, but I’m not going to go to the trouble of cheating in a game I don’t want to play. After all, that’s extra work.

2 Likes

Oh wait, I just thought of this. What constitutes as cheating? If it’s a mechanic ingame that instantly gives you X amount of something, that could definitely be exploited as an obvious cheat. But would save scumming or repeatedly loading up a save file to try and get a different result count as cheating?

Eh that is a bit more on personal preference, everyone has their own idea what cheating is. Personally if a game suddenly gives me tons of money or easy access to abilities that should take a long time to reach (despite numerous attempts to debug) I argued it is perfectly for the game, a more perfectly balanced game in general. However save scumming or repeating the same action to get a particular result to me feels like cheating as your using something akin to god powers by shutting off and turning on the game.

Then again in speedrunning SM64 depending on which run you’re doing can determine whether you can use the bunny skip or that you have to BLJ on the stairs (as using the bunny skip would render the run illegitimate).

i cheaten on FTA and honestly messing with values was good fun and despite no images the imagination made it worth it. i have tried playing with no cheats but i used knowledge from my cheat streaks

Things like debug modes in some WG games are great. Also, one time, I came across a modded version of the Flash game Angry Chubby (obviously based on Rovio’s Angry Birds) that allowed the player to not only have everything unlocked but also have the player cause all characters’ unified weight to max out without having to repeatedly play through the game.

1 Like

I personally allow QOL cheats if their single player games like starbound

1 Like