tips and advise for first project . . .

If I was any kind of visual artist, for sure. But as is, unless Akagimaya goes to make others, or I work with a different artist, it’s all I have for now.

even if this only ever gets to be a written story, i’d still read it through fully

2 Likes

keep posting for as far this hound knows there is no rule against that and I’m interested to see your progress and getting glimpses of the possible future of this project
is there any rule against this anybody know?

1 Like

(TT/////TT) Thank you so much!! It means allot to hear the support of the community to keep going! I feel like I’m on an island so much about what I write, and hear that people read it and want more… It keeps me going!

The only issue right now is trying to make sure the story well researched. So trying to garner information on Maid Cafe’s as a business has been slow for an English reader like me. I want to write a more authentic, realistic scenarios with these characters. With them all majoring in business, I want to show the growth and consideration of the maid cafe as such. I.E. Anime like Spice and Wolf being more than just fan service of the fox girl, but also a very authentic breakdown of the trade and realities of being a merchant and what that involves to make a profit. I think balancing that with the cheesecake descriptions, all can underline the emotional journey for characters like Saotome is on.

I didn’t post it here, but worked with another artist on another short story, a simple one-shot POV nerd summoning a Demoness. A little funny, a little saucy, and a sprinkle of sweetness imo, so feel free to check it out!

2 Likes

Good taste with Spice & Wolf. Been a while since I’ve seen it, but from what I remember it did a nice job making you care about both the characters AND the economics at play; no small feat.

More modern light novels tend to get a little dense with the exposition from what I’ve seen, like the authors are trying to impress you with how many nonfiction books they’ve read about battle tactics or whatever.

I can’t remember who off the top of my head, but I remember an author in an interview saying something along the lines of, “treat all of your work the respect as potential for greatness. Even if it’s a small bit part, treat it seriously and work hard on it.” It stuck with me, and I wanna give it my all with my work.

I think it’s because they get excited about sharing something they’ve put allot of energy and time investment into learning, and that’s an easy pitfall to get into. Even now I posted another part of the maid cafe story I didn’t think i would write and feel like it might be heavy handed. But it’s something I’m passionate about and want to talk about these topics in length without it being dismissed as more ‘leftist feminism rawr this is it or get out.’ I want this contemplation, this dialog and to have my reader think about the experiences women have in society. I’ve lived in Pakistan and seen how my sister and mother were treated, my mom was a single mom most of my life, and my wife is 380 lb. beauty whose been big all of her life and stresses these same questions.

If I can get another dialog going, another person to read and think about it, to me, is worth it.

But I digress, it’s super easy for authors to get off track and agree is can affect the crux of what makes the story tick.

preaching to the choir here
this hound from the land of the midnight sun can sympathise, If only people here had that same zeal to communicate and understand as you do
then it would be a properly run as a democracy and not a vaudeville sideshow but that’s just my opinion, the world could always use more people like you

1 Like