Town Navigation

I have up on the production server a prototype of the town navigation system. Once you leave the tower you’re able to navigate through the districts of the town Turici, which include the Residential District (housing for social links), Commercial District (npc shopping & the server-wide market), Development District (stats, skills, enchanting work), Red Light District (mercenary recruitment, the arena, bars for social links), and the Tower Entrance (a hub that leads to every floor of the tower, though you have to unlock each floor in order to progress higher).

There isn’t a ton of content out in the town now, but you can test out the 4 shops in the Commercial District and the Sleep event inside your home.

If you find any bugs, or have any comments, suggestions or complaints about the way the town navigation is laid out at the moment, please post in this thread about them.

Everything you mentioned seems to be working fine!

What a great game and fine concept! I spent most of this day fooling around there and totally enjoyed everything.
A few small things, notions or half ideas:

• Returning to Tower I kept carefully watching for Seraphine. Perhaps she would feel like paying back for my fattening act or something. The enchanted armor is such a pearl there, so perhaps there could be later some other things with similar effects.
  • I am a slow learner, so it took a while before I noticed how important role vitality plays in the game atm. Apart from strenght I found not much difference in game if I developed the other stats - so their turn will probably come later. How about if PC:s weight gain/loss would finally lead to lowering of all or most stats? There was a time I somehow succeeded to get my character below some 70 lbs or so - and then I noticed that most stats dropped to 5 while vitality still stayed high. I loved that but could not repeat the thing with the next character. I don’t know what I did right the first time and how I failed with the next efforts.
  • Tried to destroy my first characters to make room for more. For some reason I could not do that, though I clicked the choice while having my character lighted.
  • Needs second floor with a little bit more challenge (read: more exp. points and levels. lol!).

[quote=“tsap, post:3, topic:779”]What a great game and fine concept! I spent most of this day fooling around there and totally enjoyed everything.
A few small things, notions or half ideas:

• Returning to Tower I kept carefully watching for Seraphine. Perhaps she would feel like paying back for my fattening act or something. The enchanted armor is such a pearl there, so perhaps there could be later some other things with similar effects.
  • I am a slow learner, so it took a while before I noticed how important role vitality plays in the game atm. Apart from strenght I found not much difference in game if I developed the other stats - so their turn will probably come later. How about if PC:s weight gain/loss would finally lead to lowering of all or most stats? There was a time I somehow succeeded to get my character below some 70 lbs or so - and then I noticed that most stats dropped to 5 while vitality still stayed high. I loved that but could not repeat the thing with the next character. I don’t know what I did right the first time and how I failed with the next efforts.
  • Tried to destroy my first characters to make room for more. For some reason I could not do that, though I clicked the choice while having my character lighted.
  • Needs second floor with a little bit more challenge (read: more exp. points and levels. lol!).[/quote]
    Point 1, 2 and 4 are because I don’t have much content in the game at the moment. I have a lot of things on my plate with school but around next week I should get some time to work on the game. In regards to stats, they all have a purpose though some are indeed quite useless at the moment due to lack of content. Here’s a quick overview of what each stat does, though they’ll likely be tweaked if I realize they aint working out:

Strength - 2 str per 1 melee damage, 2 str per 1% immobility resistance
Intelligence - 2 int per 1 magic damage, 4 int per 1 magic defence
Vitality - 2 vit per 1 max hp, 4 vit per 1 physical defence
Dexterity - 4 dex per 1% crit rate (will probably negate enemy crit rate too, but undecided on that)
Agility - 4 per 1% block rate when using a shield, 4 per 1% evasion rate when not using a shield (block is a roll out of 100 while evade is a roll out of 200), also plays a slight role in calculations determining who gets the next turn to attack
Willpower - 4 per 1% status effect resistance, will affect some mental checks in events

For deleting your character, I’m not sure why that isn’t working… I’ll have to look into it. I was able to delete all of my characters.