Trapped Together Part 1 by Kraban

I have seen your work on DeviantArt previously and whilst your usual style isn’t to my personal preference, I can’t deny the effort and work put into this. Great work all around, you have managed to make something unique and I would highly recommend others play this through as well. There does appear to be some locking out of certain routes at times, but I imagine those will be patched out quickly. I can’t wait to see part 2.
I would like to add to your attention however that it would be great to see some more events/interactions occur between the girls, but I imagine you would have something along those lines in planning alrady.

1 Like

You should probably post that review in a comment on their itch page if you want the creator to read it since I don’t think Kraban uses this website.

3 Likes

Good to know, rare to see a creator not posting their own game here!

1 Like

I encouraged kraban to join if they wanted and create a topic here for their game but they graciously declined and gave their permission still post the game here. Their discord or itch would be good places for the dev to actually see feedback.

I’ve just opened, very excited, but I gotta make an immediate request - can you add movement speed and mouse sensitivity to those settings?

My walk feels SO sluggish, but my mouse flies across the speed nauseatingly fast.

1 Like

@eatfortwo @Biggirlfan7

Just chiming in to provide the opinion of another computer nerd, Windows Defender will think the installer is a virus and the type it detects it as (Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml) is apparently an extremely common false positive.

An executable installer is not strange at all in the hellscape that is software distributed for windows, it’s just that most people don’t go through the effort of properly making one and just have you to Unzip-And-Run :tm:

Windows actually HAS a decent sandboxed application packaging format but it only works on 10+ so it doesn’t seem like anybody bothers with it.

Here’s a quick visual guide:

2 Likes

It is however very silly that the compressed executable installer is distributed in a rar archive that does absolutely nothing to reduce its size. (though this could be a misguided attempt to work around AV) and why the hell are people still using rar like it’s 2005

1 Like

I reached the end of heather’s path, liked it a lot.

How on Earth do I do anything with the other gals though? Seiko spent the whole game sleeping and I was out of interactions with the other gal, forgor her name, after giving her shakes like twice.

1 Like

Really enjoyed this first part! Some issues with look sensitivity and story progression as others have mentioned here but overall, a really unique concept executed well!

1 Like

Not sure which part of her being in bed you are on but the first time you need to simply go to your room and go to bed and transition her. Not be be confused with the other cases where you have to sleep or go to bed for different events or girls as the advance triggers for some of the “quests” can overlap depending on how you played the game and interacted with the girls. You might simply need to “go to bed” again.

How the game works is that both Seiko and Heather have bathroom events and the door will lock and remained locked until you clear that event as to not have both girls try to occupy the same space at the same time. This also will happen with events when you need to go down to the storage room. If you have someone in the bathroom, the game will not let you move down to the storage room even though it might tell you to go down there for the next part of a quest.

Both Heather and Seiko have multiple back to back bathroom events early in the game so you might be temporarily “locked” out of one of them for awhile. Since people are having issues, I am looking to probably make a walkthrough for the game after I’ve finished my playthrough, feedback, bug report, etc.

3 Likes

I think the game could benefit from a minimal hint system going forward. It is easy to forget or miss your objectives, especially if you are jumping between women. As far as I can tell, you aren’t able to get story locked, it’s just not always clear when you are still searching for things like in Seiko’s case. I had restarted the demo thinking I broke something when I was just overlooking some things in her room.

Other than that, the game is pretty fantastic in what it does. Great work.

4 Likes

I’ve completed the game, and it’s not at all to my tastes personally, but I’ll leave some details for the sake of posterity.

It is absolutely possible to break the game, I had three copies of the guitar girl in the bathroom at one point. Progression pretty much always relies on finding the right thing to interact with and the game will sometimes just not tell you, and if you are switching between the characters you’ll often have no clue which character’s path you’ve progressed.

The safest method is to follow a character’s full path completely, then move onto the next. You’ll be far less confused and not run the risk of breaking the game. If you can’t progress, just keep running around until you find the right thing to click.

Guitar girl’s path requires finding two items in her room two separate times (i think), so if you are stuck with her in the bathroom you probably haven’t found something in her room.

Be warned though, the characters evaporate once you complete their path so completing the game means being completely alone in a house so bright you’d think it’s being lit by atomic bombs.

4 Likes

Since people seem to be having lots of issues figuring out what to do next for the different paths, I made a guide in a google doc saying exactly what to do to trigger the next event/dialogue for each path, though I’m not sure how to post it

It is a fun idea but I wish there was a Task Menu and a bar to tell me what to do because I get lost looking for things.

1 Like

i love this, great work cant wait for part 2!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what you are supposed to do or go after you give Aysha snacks and shakes in her room? (It says you need to give her time). I’m not sure if it is bugged out again or I’m just missing something, I don’t want to restart for bugs again and again.

I have not had any progress blocking bugs personally. Everything I’ve seen is due to needing to trigger certain interactable items or people thinking they are stuck due to how the shower and elevator work. Although, I’m sure there are some issues as I’ve seen my fair share of bugs and errors.

To make Aysha change location from there you need to go down the hallway and “clean” the clothes or objects around the washer and dryer in the hallway.

Thanks! that was what I missed, I think all the stuff I got stuck on was on the floor guess I don’t look down enough lol.

Also trying to figure out what is causing the bugs to post a bug report, it seems like interacting with one character will skip past a bunch of content for other characters, but it’s different each time I’m playing (I tried to only interact with one character at a time in my last restart but some stuff is still bugged).

I know I got the final shower scene for Seiko on my first playthrough before I did any of her story somehow, and I think I could only get the comic for Heather one time all other times that quest got skipped.

Also after you give Aysha her shake she drinks it is there suppoed to be an expansion animation? The dialog after seems to imply it but she vanishes on my screen after she starts drinking.

1 Like

Something I have noticed is that if you load a save in the middle of an event or dialogue with a girl it will break the game in a few ways. Mouse will stop controlling the camera, animations break or are stuck in positions they don’t start in, and interact objects/objectives can reset progress and then be locked out of. For instance fixing the scale and going to talk to a girl and reloading the save in the middle of the event will cause the scale to be unfixed but not interactable, effectively soft locking you. But quitting the game and using the same save will fix any of these issues.

What could happen for some people is that they save over this when it happens which breaks parts of the game. As I have not seen sequence breaking myself during a normal playthrough, I am not sure what might be causing it directly. Anytime I have had it happened was playing on a “bugged” save like the instance described above.

2 Likes

No, I’m not sure what dialogue you mean but there is no scene like that.

I have made a guide/walkthrough for Kraban’s game for those that need it and also updated the first post. Keep in mind the game has not yet had a bugfix patch released as the dev is out of town. So there may be issues or problems that arise. Trapped Together Part 1 unofficial walkthrough - Google Docs

From my experience I had no issues with progression locks. I think saving and loading saves during dialogue and events messes up multiple aspects of the game and this might be why some of the softlocks are occurring. However this is just speculation on my part from what I have seen from multiple playthroughs and trying to recreate bugs.

As Indicated above. However the bug of getting stuck inside the MC’s room might also be related to this issue as I did not save or load one time on my last playthrough and I had no soft locking issues with the MC’s bedroom as I previously had. So take that for what you will.

The game is able to be completed with no progression issues though as I have done it multiple times. With mainly focusing on one or two girls and then jumping from girl to girl as much as possible (including completing multiple girls’ quests steps all at the same time.) So, hopefully the guide will help out for those that need it.