Trojan Fatty (Play as a hungry computer virus!)

I mostly had issues with it on the level with the two green crystals, but I think I did have it happen at other times.

This game was great. Love how flexible RPG maker can be in the right hands.

2 Likes

Currently stuck on this bad boy but I think the game’s great so far.
I absolutely love Seraph! She’s so peppy!

Just finished this myself. Absolutely a great time. Great and tough puzzles, but so rewarding. Reminds me of that old DOS game, Contraption Zach, but with far better puzzles.
Also loved Seraph. I agree with what some others have said, she’s really likeable and has some great charm.
Great game! Hope you do more on it.

2 Likes
Help

Flick all three switches and the buttons will work.

1 Like

man that was a tough game but I enjoyed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it to work on a Windows VM, and man this game is great!

That’s not to say that it was difficult to get it running on the Windows VM. But it did require that I start my Windows VM, and I try to avoid doing that.

But, I love this game and can’t wait to see more of it!

1 Like

While I bet the game is good. i’m kinda losing my mind trying to do frame perfect the puzzle where you have to make a mad dash for each switch and if u mess up slightly you have to restart

Can you send a picture of which puzzle you’re stuck with?

I kinda already deleted it but basically its the level where u have to flip around 6-7 yellow switches, each one changes the bridges back to 2 separate patterns. Its a fine puzzle but the problem is that u have to do it frame perfect cause you don’t have nearly enough time to do said puzzle in 30 seconds

Yeah, I saw Axxis’ youtube video and he struggled with that puzzle too. I set the time limit to 30 seconds because you’re supposed to sprint through the entire puzzle by holding down shift. I apologize for not testing this puzzle without sprinting, and will consider rebalancing the game once it rereleases outside of Gain Jam.

thats fine. Also me being stupid I had no clue you could just sprint, thank u for telling me

I think that all modern RPG Maker games (the ones with touch UI) have this option too:

1 Like

I liked the gradual build-up of mechanics so that you could figure out what each element did in isolation, I feel like a lot of games kinda throw everything at you right at the beginning and make it easy to get overwhelmed. There were one or two times I didn’t quite “get” what some stuff did in the last two puzzles though, but I think that might have been the game glitching out, since some of the glass floors just didn’t break in the last puzzle as well.
I feel like making the puzzles a little harder and removing the timer element might have been a little more interesting, I spent most of the puzzles pre-planning out my route before I even started the timer, which didn’t work as well when enemy encounters would unexpectedly spring up and make Seraph gain weight, completely changing my route. Maybe that was intentional though. I will admit the idea of speed rpg battles is a neat idea, dunno if it works combined with sokoban style puzzles though.

5 Likes

I’m glad you liked the game! Yeah, I never had these puzzles in my mind pre-gain jam so I don’t know how players would react.

I’m currently looking into how to fix the “glass won’t break” problem, and I plan on adding a level in a separate version of the game that’ll explain the clock mechanic better.

I have a hard time believing you made this in 2 weeks, its incredible, the only sign that you took 2 weeks is that it only takes about 20-30 minutes to finish. The gameplay is fun and the puzzles are tough but not TOO tough. With enough trial and error you get the puzzles easy enough. It took me about 25 minutes to run through the game failing many times.

Love the WG and vore aspects and have to say bigger is better, the end where she’s crawling on her belly made me lol and I saw you with the vore machine joke! The writing is decent enough, the plot is simple but intriguing. Overall I can’t believe ya made this in 2 weeks, great job and I certainly hope to play again as a bigger, hungrier Seraph. Lets see her take down the mayor and any virus that stands in her way! Hope you do get to finishing/expanding on this for sure.

If I had one critique it would be lack of restart, and the last puzzle. I guess I lucked out since I finished it but I did not get the clock aspect of the puzzle at all, I just changed it randomly and it worked.

2 Likes

I think I encounterd a bug… and annoyingly lost all my progress by the autosave locking me into an infinite loop… I’m on the entering area for the propaganda phase I completed the whole puzzle making sure to only step on one firewall tile. I then tried to teleport to the exit, upon teleporting, the game seemed to think I had stepped on a second firewall and killed me… (and the autosave is after I teleported so I die instantly upon loading)

Honestly it’s a shame because I am really really impressed! The puzzles are fun and the main character is adorable! — Given i’ve not seen any mentions of the same bug (teleport death as opposed to the autosaves) in this thread, I would imagine it’s a hard glitch to duplicate so I’d say your game is pretty solidly built fortunately, I just got unlucky it would seem :slight_smile:

I’ll try to have that issue fixed next update!

4 Likes

is there a way to play this on windows 10 or I’m i just slow

yes i played it on win 10 just extract the file