Trouble with finding Himaka

I love the game, thank you very much for making it!

In the mod which involves the goddesss’s revenge, I am unable to find Himaka’s house. Does it only appear at a certain time for the first time in Hilltown?

Thanks for any help you’re willing to pass on!

I’m also having a hard time finding a milk producer for the bathhouse, btw.

Himaka’s house will only show up if the proper conditions are met. I assume you’ve gotten to the correct part in the quest for that (otherwise you wouldn’t know who himaka is). That event checks your max stomach volume. If it is too low it won’t show up. If you’ve installed my mod (the belly mod) then it’s going to be much more expensive and time consuming to raise your stomach volume (because i changed the way stomach volume is calculated). Either way you would have to advance Vicky’s quest to unlock an event that will help raise your stomach volume.

The milk producer can be found in the kau village. to actually find her you need to complete most of the extended felis quest like (the lactation quest started in the hospital)

Good luck!

Cool. Thank you for the reply! My character had a volume of over 10k, and had completed the Vicky quest (even ate the entire eclair).

I couldn’t advance the quest with Felis (hospital person right?). Every time I went she said she didn’t have anything new for me.

I’ll try starting from scratch with the newest version of your mod. The one I was running came from the website, not the forum here.

In addition to your awesome mod, I was running Nostradomos (adapted).

edit: I just saw where you say (clearly and many times) it is not compatible with Nostradomos. Very sorry I didn’t see earlier. As I mentioned, I came from the website first and forums second.

edit 2: Please feel free to remove my post

[quote=“fianna420, post:3, topic:888”]Cool. Thank you for the reply! My character had a volume of over 10k, and had completed the Vicky quest (even ate the entire eclair).

I couldn’t advance the quest with Felis (hospital person right?). Every time I went she said she didn’t have anything new for me.

I’ll try starting from scratch with the newest version of your mod. The one I was running came from the website, not the forum here.

In addition to your awesome mod, I was running Nostradomos (adapted).

edit: I just saw where you say (clearly and many times) it is not compatible with Nostradomos. Very sorry I didn’t see earlier. As I mentioned, I came from the website first and forums second.

edit 2: Please feel free to remove my post[/quote]

no worries haha.

In regard to the felis quest line: You have to (if you haven’t already) unlock the kau village as well and talk to kiana there i think before felis will offer you the next part of the quest.

If you want to use my mod and nost’s mod together you can just replace the organ.abdomen file with a copy of that same file from the base game and that will make them compatible again (without the changes i made to the file of course)

Thank you for the info! Does it matter which order I move them into the gamedata folder? In otherwords, which needs to be on top?

Nost’s mod first then mine, i’ve seen work best

Will do. Thank you!

I came across this while experimenting with compatibility between mods. Check your game folder. Look into gamedata/events/city and look for versions of the file hilltown.walk

This problem probably means that you have more than one, with the himanka actions stuck inside hilltown_nost.walk rather than the hilltown being called by the game.

You can fix this by opening both files in a text editor (eg; notepad) and copy-pasting the choices (ie; everything inside brackets) from hilltown_nost into hilltown

There’s a couple of other instances where similar copying of event contents is necessary for near-compatibility (I suspect it also happens in the ‘sorceress’ questline), but the only serious lingering issue was smoothing-over differences in how weight gain mechanics are called in nostrodamus’ content. I found a few blocks during compatibility experimentation due to it calling abdomen.stomach_volume, which is almost permanently limited to a number below that required to complete content relating to stomach capacity.

I suspect a fix would not be too hard given nostrodamus relies on calling abdomen.stomach_volume and abdomen.food, so searching and editing relevant files for those calls alone would resolve the more serious incompatibility quirks.

[quote=“cheddar, post:8, topic:888”]I came across this while experimenting with compatibility between mods. Check your game folder. Look into gamedata/events/city and look for versions of the file hilltown.walk

This problem probably means that you have more than one, with the himanka actions stuck inside hilltown_nost.walk rather than the hilltown being called by the game.

You can fix this by opening both files in a text editor (eg; notepad) and copy-pasting the choices (ie; everything inside brackets) from hilltown_nost into hilltown

There’s a couple of other instances where similar copying of event contents is necessary for near-compatibility (I suspect it also happens in the ‘sorceress’ questline), but the only serious lingering issue was smoothing-over differences in how weight gain mechanics are called in nostrodamus’ content. I found a few blocks during compatibility experimentation due to it calling abdomen.stomach_volume, which is almost permanently limited to a number below that required to complete content relating to stomach capacity.

I suspect a fix would not be too hard given nostrodamus relies on calling abdomen.stomach_volume and abdomen.food, so searching and editing relevant files for those calls alone would resolve the more serious incompatibility quirks.[/quote]

When looking at the game files you don’t need to use notepad; FM has a built in file editor if you open the game in dev mode. This makes things SO much more readable.

The way you describe fixing the compatibility issues is exactly how the modders used to deal with compatibility issues. Now in the editor there is a checkbox (merge down) with takes files with similar filenames and merges the options. That’s why there are filenames that end with _nost: that’s the coding standard that we’ve sort of agreed on for adding to the base files. My filename extension is _d for example.

Ive talked about the compatibility issues between my mod and nost’s mod a bit in the next bellymod discussion thread : http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=52.msg2301#msg2301 . To reiterate what is said in that thread, i wont be altering Nostradamus’s mod for reasons time, ethical, motivational, and stylistic.

You’ve discovered the reason for the mod’s incompatibility. You can look below the post i linked an see how i changed the calculations that made the incompatibility. Hope this cleared some things up!

As his content was shared on a pro bono basis, I would not have personal qualms to writing similar but distinct content, provided the coding implementation was handled by someone more knoweldgeable. While Nosto’s writing was patchy in parts, I liked the overall arc of Edesia and the fact it was continually referred-to in other sections of his mod/s. The idea of there being multiple gods in the FM setting opens up a lot more fun in terms of fluff; I feel like he setting hasn’t been explored enough thus far. So, out of his content, I’d happily draw that out a bit though I will warn, fetish writing is not my background in the slightest. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’d like to make changes to it, use it as inspiration, or make it compatible you’re welcome to do that. I personally am not going to do it for the reasons I’ve already layed out.

Since I’ve already asked one dumb question, may I add that I have not been able to figure out how to unlock the village of Kau? Any advice would be appreciated.

I get the encounter with the cow girl in the seaside area, but I’m always too clumsy. I’ve haven’t had the event spawn more than once.

[quote=“fianna420, post:12, topic:888”]Since I’ve already asked one dumb question, may I add that I have not been able to figure out how to unlock the village of Kau? Any advice would be appreciated.

I get the encounter with the cow girl in the seaside area, but I’m always too clumsy. I’ve haven’t had the event spawn more than once.[/quote]

You’re on the right track. You need to have a proxy with a dexterity of 50(i think?) do it. regardless though, Kianna will run away.

If your proxy’s dex is too low then you can use the fitness task to increase your proxies dex until it’s good enough.

afterwards you have to head into the Forrest and there is an event there that continues the chain. be prepared for a fight (by using the athletics and fitness training)

Got it! Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to help!

I presume the ritual of fertility means I need my character to get pregnant?

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:13, topic:888”][quote=“fianna420, post:12, topic:888”]Since I’ve already asked one dumb question, may I add that I have not been able to figure out how to unlock the village of Kau? Any advice would be appreciated.

I get the encounter with the cow girl in the seaside area, but I’m always too clumsy. I’ve haven’t had the event spawn more than once.[/quote]

You’re on the right track. You need to have a proxy with a dexterity of 50(i think?) do it. regardless though, Kianna will run away.

If your proxy’s dex is too low then you can use the fitness task to increase your proxies dex until it’s good enough.

afterwards you have to head into the Forrest and there is an event there that continues the chain. be prepared for a fight (by using the athletics and fitness training)[/quote]

Actually, you doesn’t need dexterity to do it. You can go to the forest and meet Kiana(cowgirl) despite having 50 dexterity or higher

[quote=“Kenshirosan666, post:15, topic:888”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:13, topic:888”][quote=“fianna420, post:12, topic:888”]Since I’ve already asked one dumb question, may I add that I have not been able to figure out how to unlock the village of Kau? Any advice would be appreciated.

afterwards you have to head into the Forrest and there is an event there that continues the chain. be prepared for a fight (by using the athletics and fitness training)[/quote]

Actually, you doesn’t need dexterity to do it. You can go to the forest and meet Kiana(cowgirl) despite having 50 dexterity or higher[/quote]
No, it requires the flag “kiana_scared” to be activated. As far as i know you can only get that flag from spooking her with over 55 dex. Unless you know somewhere else where that flag is set.

[quote=“fianna420, post:14, topic:888”]Got it! Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to help!

I presume the ritual of fertility means I need my character to get pregnant?[/quote]

No, there is no pregnancy needed as far as i know. You just need to find Daria in the forest. You may have to find here twice because there is another conversation you have first.

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:16, topic:888”][quote=“Kenshirosan666, post:15, topic:888”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:13, topic:888”][quote=“fianna420, post:12, topic:888”]Since I’ve already asked one dumb question, may I add that I have not been able to figure out how to unlock the village of Kau? Any advice would be appreciated.

Actually, you doesn’t need dexterity to do it. You can go to the forest and meet Kiana(cowgirl) despite having 50 dexterity or higher[/quote]
No, it requires the flag “kiana_scared” to be activated. As far as i know you can only get that flag from spooking her with over 55 dex. Unless you know somewhere else where that flag is set.[/quote]

Just checked it. Even if you get “you are being too clamsy” message, you steel can meet an event in the forest where you need to save Kiana from a tentacle beast.

Oh. You’re right… The flag gets set by just approaching her, you don’t even need to try and follow her. That’s…what do the attempts to follow her exist for then? Whelp that saves some aggravation in the future

It’s for givnig new player a hint - where to find next part of quest. If player read carefuly - he can notice reference of forest in event description, and go to search in the forest. But even if player miss it, on proxy not have enough DEX - quest is not fall. Also - it’s can be hard enough to beat tentacle beasts with low DEX even with high STR. High DEX greatly raise chance to win this fight.

Quests added by me do not have such “dead end” routes with one exception. It’s about power crystal from milker - if proxy take it from milker and then leave player before reprair is done - then milker will stay unrepaired. For now.
(Quest with cafe - not written by me)

Thanks all. I suppose I was not prepared to use that squishy thing in my head too much :slight_smile: